General > Frauds

Film on Leonard Crow Dog

<< < (4/7) > >>

C Standing Bear:
This has been a good thread. I can agree with what has been said with the exception of the last post which I feel is blind conjecture.

Leonard is my Leksi (uncle) and he is a good medicine man. Is he also human, yes. Idon't know any of us that hasn't fallen or messed up and after going through that has been better for the lessens learned.

Uncle does not like being looked at as some god or someone that should be placed on a pedestal or something. He does what he does because of his path in this life and he chose to follow it.

NanticokePiney:
  I am all about staying in ones own culture so I was distressed to see  Leonard Crow Dog giving out Sundances to Nanticokes. Especially ones that didn't deserve it. I feel the Sundance should be earned if it is given out also. Not just to any "braids and shades dog soldier".

shoshone1:
Hahahahaha I hvae knowen (Uncle Leonard for quite some time and yes he is who he is ,But what he does is K ,sometimes ,But what i would say is that lenoard is truely a Medcine man he is the only man that i know who fasted on top of a Teepee for several days ,He had 14 spirits that was given to him .But with what he has done in the pst he now has 3 or 4 spirits that still remain w/him . I have much respect for him and have been to Crowdogs paradise and saw w/my own eyes of what they call crowdogs circus ...

C Standing Bear:
Just curious. How would you oknow how many spirits work with a man, I mean truly know? I wouldnt.

ANd piont given there are some things that go on that could be considered cirucs side shows but is that from him or the people that come there?

Cetan:
A lot of kolas are related to Leonard and my ex is his son (Lakota way); they all say the same that Leonard is a good medicine man but a bad man. He will allow anyone to come for the right price and at one point even had a price list (my brother saw it). He is also generous so when he goes out drinking (especially after Sundance) he diesnt just buy a few bottles, he buys cases.  A lot of my friends back home wont go over there because of all the Europeans.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version