Author Topic: Jamie Sams? Dancing the Dream  (Read 31283 times)

Beverly1959

Jamie Sams? Dancing the Dream
« on: April 13, 2006, 05:15:30 am »
Hi,

My name is Beverly. I would like some information please. Has anyone heard of Jamie Sams?

On the back of the book..

Jamie Sams is a bestselling Native American writer and artist of Cherokee, Seneca and French decent. Her many books include "Medicine Cards" and "Sacred Path Cards" and "Earth Medicine".

I did read through this section and the fraud section and couldn't find her listed by name.

Thanks for any help.

Offline Barnaby_McEwan

Re: Jamie Sams? Dancing the Dream
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2006, 07:09:20 am »
[size=12]
Hi,

My name is Beverly. I would like some information please. Has anyone heard of Jamie Sams?

Yes: she's a fraud.

I did read through this section and the fraud section and couldn't find her listed by name.

Thanks for any help.

Yes, one of our shortcomings is that we sometimes don't have a listing for those frauds which are more well-known to the activists here. Lynn Andrews is another example. Go-hi-yu-hi, Trisha's site, is very useful in combination with this one.

This is Sams' page.[/size]

Offline JosephSWM

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2006, 10:33:12 am »
I thought I saw her in the archives but she was not listed there. Other fraudulent "writers" are.

Its a shame we can't have a complete listing here of everyone, kinda like one stop shopping. I know this list is not always complete and I know gohiyuhi is not complete. Just not enough minutes in the day to do it all I bet.

Offline Mo

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2006, 12:16:52 pm »
maybe a list that links the names to the particular thread dealing with that person? i know its time consuming.

Beverly1959

Thanks
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2006, 01:18:00 pm »
I do appreciate the information. I had a feeling I was going to be downhearted when I read the "what Native Americans don't do" page.   :-/  

It is wonderful that they don't but it kinda puts a big dent in my book shelf for reliable information on addressing spiritual issues.  :P But then I'm not having much luck on other sources either.

But then that is neither here or there. Snicker, the smilies are somewhat addictive; I'll see if I can't resist from here on out.  ;D Again thanks for the information.

Beverly

TrishaRoseJacobs

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2006, 07:13:14 pm »
I thought I saw her in the archives but she was not listed there. Other fraudulent "writers" are.

Its a shame we can't have a complete listing here of everyone, kinda like one stop shopping. I know this list is not always complete and I know gohiyuhi is not complete. Just not enough minutes in the day to do it all I bet.

Got that right. I don't have the time and I'm not going to make the time to keep a list of every last one of these twits. I'd rather post examples and then ask that people use their brains to figure it out for themselves.

;)

Epiphany

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2013, 08:51:52 pm »
« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 04:18:52 pm by Piff »

Epiphany

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2013, 09:56:25 pm »
Jamie Sams' maternal grandparents were born in England and Germany. Paternal grandparents both born in Texas.

Offline Defend the Sacred

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2013, 06:17:51 pm »
There are some books on Newage people from the eighties or early nineties that show her past as a "channeler."  Then she decided to be an NDN. Her alleged tribal affiliation has changed multiple times. She was claiming Seneca for a while, as sellout Twylah Nitsch "adopted" her, along with lots of other non-Natives, usually in exchange for considerable amounts of money. So now there are lots of non-Natives selling fake ceremonies who claim to be part of the "Wolf Clan Teaching Lodge" - a newage group formed by Nitsch. Though initially tolerated and even embraced by people there, Nitsch finally went too far, too many times, and despite being elderly (not an Elder, just older) was asked to leave the Seneca community. She used the money she got from selling out to buy a house in Florida, where she died a few years ago (or longer, I forget what year she died).

Despite Sams's changing backstory, the newage white women love her. It's very common for hippie enclaves to have a women's group that use her books as gospel. Her pan-NDN/Nuage "Medicine Cards" are to blame for much of the b.s. out there about "Animal Totems."

Offline Jakushka

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2016, 03:26:35 am »
Someone posted a link to Ms. Sam's mother's obituary.  I don't believe that is correct.  Jamie Sams' birth mother, Frances Carole Moore, died on July 22 (or 24) 1968.  Her death had something to do with an airplane propeller.  Here is a link to archive from a Waco, TX newspaper at that time: https://www.newspapers.com/newspage/56022923/

This doesn't prove Jamie Sams has Native American ancestry, but at least changes the subject to her true ancestor!

Piff

« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2016, 08:33:11 pm »
Thank you Jakushka.

Jamie's birth mother is listed here too http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GSln=Sams&GSiman=1&GScid=5694&GRid=112468038&

I'll see what can be found in census.

Piff

« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2016, 09:56:30 pm »
Jamie Sams mother Frances Carol Moore birth certificate https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:KHJS-6JT - I've uploaded a copy of the actual birth certificate available through this link. Frances Carol Moore's parents Joe Virgil Moore and Verna Amiott are listed as white.