Author Topic: Re: Kiesha Crowther - "Little Grandmother"  (Read 1230606 times)

Offline goozih

Re: Re: Kiesha Crowther - "Little Grandmother"
« Reply #660 on: January 06, 2011, 03:57:33 am »
here is a you tube video dated sept 24 2010 where she is interviewed via the internet and claims the tribe gave her the name "little grandmother" at birth. I am not good with keyboards so check it out. I apologize if it has been discussed before.   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLPrjf8Tp94&feature=related

Offline Freija

• I Love YaBB 2!
« Reply #661 on: January 06, 2011, 09:27:05 am »
Kathryn, you´ve done a fantastic job! Thank you so much for including our film, too. (The whole film is online for everyone to see for about 1.50 USD - http://vod.journeyman.tv/store?p=3217. )

Offline goozih

« Reply #662 on: January 06, 2011, 04:39:58 pm »
The more I think this over the more disturbing I find it. The message of "love", "Love the earth" with no need to take any action or a plan of action just send love and positive energy or bury a crystal....No real message..just a recycling of internet new age content(crystals, crystal skulls, star people AKA UFOs etc...) Really nothing original or inspiring yet it is attracting a lot of people. It seems there are a lot of sophisticated video techniques used, a lot of money spent and a lot of energy diverted from real issues.

Offline debbieredbear

• Global Moderator
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #663 on: January 06, 2011, 05:46:03 pm »
It attracts people because many are too lazy to do the work needed to have a true spiritual life. They want to have it handed to them, or buy a book or take a workshop and presto chango they are "SPIRITUAL". At least that's what I have found. The sad thing is this woman is totally nuts and her followers don't care. They don't care that she is a liar and a fraud. She is handing them what they want.

Offline Freija

• I Love YaBB 2!
« Reply #664 on: January 06, 2011, 07:26:12 pm »
Swedish National Radio just sent an one hour interview with Kiesha. You can listen to it:

http://sverigesradio.se/sida/default.aspx?programid=3925

Look to the right where it says "Hela intervjun med Kiesha Crowther" and click it, it will start.

The interviewer is time after time trying to make her say how she became a shaman. Kiesha talks around it, finally says THE Native American Tribe phoned her. She is being more careful now  :)

What makes me really angry is about 35:00 when she says that when in Sweden, she found the crystal that she gave BACK to the Samis! Huh???? They had lost it?? Sounds very strange because I found another article in Swedish saying that the Swedish crystal came from the Inuits on the North Pole,buried in the snow. So did they steal it from the Samis??  Oh well, she found it (where??) and gave it back to the Samis who buried it in southern Sweden? It is not even their land....they´re up north. This is crazy.

And FUNNY enough, the Samis also has a prophecy that she would come. That´s how they found her.

She is ....hrm, excuse the pun...really loosing it now!
« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 07:33:59 pm by Freija »

Offline Defend the Sacred

• Global Moderator
« Reply #665 on: January 06, 2011, 07:36:29 pm »
Swedish National Radio just sent an one hour interview with Kiesha. You can listen to it:

http://sverigesradio.se/sida/default.aspx?programid=3925

Look to the right where it says "Hela intervjun med Kiesha Crowther" and click it, it will start.

Was the interview live? When did the interview take place?

And thank you for your film :)

Offline czech

« Reply #666 on: January 06, 2011, 07:44:10 pm »
The interviewer is time after time trying to make her say how she became a shaman. Kiesha talks around it, finally says THE Native American Tribe phoned her. She is being more careful now  :)

I haven't listened to it but from what you write it seems that the interviewer was aware of the controversy around KC. A good sign, people are starting to notice... and question...

Offline Freija

• I Love YaBB 2!
« Reply #667 on: January 06, 2011, 07:55:45 pm »
The interviewer was good....up to the point Kiesha talked about the crystal and the Samis. I would have had thousands of questions. Think maybe the interviewer got so totally confused she couldn´t come up with anything.  :)

Offline Freija

• I Love YaBB 2!
« Reply #668 on: January 06, 2011, 07:57:47 pm »
Kathryn - this must have been when she was here last October. She was in the studio.
I wonder why it took them so long to air it??
Strange.

Offline Smart Mule

• Administrator
« Reply #669 on: January 06, 2011, 08:55:58 pm »
If you listen to the broadcast, along the little bar that shows how far into the broadcast you are I'm pretty sure it gives the date :)

Offline WineHippie

« Reply #670 on: January 06, 2011, 09:14:39 pm »
It attracts people because many are too lazy to do the work needed to have a true spiritual life. They want to have it handed to them, or buy a book or take a workshop and presto chango they are "SPIRITUAL". At least that's what I have found. The sad thing is this woman is totally nuts and her followers don't care. They don't care that she is a liar and a fraud. She is handing them what they want.

i think it is because ppl cling to hope - hope for an easy way, an instant cure ...
think of all the time and money spent on diet aids, baldness cures, mood elevators
and erectile dysfunction - kinda sad
the insidious part is that are many who profit off ppl and their hopelessness

Offline Freija

• I Love YaBB 2!
« Reply #671 on: January 06, 2011, 09:39:57 pm »
If you listen to the broadcast, along the little bar that shows how far into the broadcast you are I'm pretty sure it gives the date :)

Thanks, Sky. 28th October.
The Salish statement wasn´t out then, was it?
On the other hand, she stated she was taught and recognized by the Lakota when she was in Sweden.
She was obviously very reluctant to throw in a name of a Tribe, so she must have known she was out on deep water.

Offline goozih

« Reply #672 on: January 06, 2011, 11:50:37 pm »
At 15:00 of the swedish radio interview KC says that a shaman is called a  "mist walker" by indigenous people . Has anyone ever heard of this?
« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 11:54:38 pm by goozih »

Offline Smart Mule

• Administrator
« Reply #673 on: January 07, 2011, 12:49:17 am »

Thanks, Sky. 28th October.
The Salish statement wasn´t out then, was it?
On the other hand, she stated she was taught and recognized by the Lakota when she was in Sweden.
She was obviously very reluctant to throw in a name of a Tribe, so she must have known she was out on deep water.

You're absolutely right, it was prior to the Salish Elders statement. It seems like she has different scripts for different scenarios.

Offline flyaway

• "Your mind is your strongest weapon"
« Reply #674 on: January 07, 2011, 02:57:23 am »
NO shamans in any Tribes in the Indigenous People of Turtle Island. Never ever heard the term "mist walkers" another term she has come up with. ::)
Walk with the Sun; Dance with the Moon; Sing with the Stars; But always...Run with the Wind. -
Snow Owl, Nevada. December 8, 2001