Author Topic: Chief White Cloud  (Read 6698 times)

thunder-bird

Chief White Cloud
« on: March 11, 2006, 06:03:10 am »
I am asking if anyone is aware of a Lakota named Chief White Cloud. Seems he runs swets in the central part of the country  of the plains states.

I have been told he does not run them in the traditional way of the Lakotas. He he for real or anothe fake???

Thanks for any info.

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
Re: Chief White Cloud
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2006, 04:34:50 pm »
Don't know if this is the one you were looking for. This group seems to offer Sundance to anyone who puts up the 30 buck membership fee.

Ric, do you know anything about this group?

http://visundancesociety.org/online/modules/wfchannel/index.php?pagenum=4
"Treasurer Jeffrey Taavettilan-Davis
Campbell River, Courtenay, Parksville, British Columbia....
On my father's side we come from the Lapps [the Reindeer Herders] (View Southern Lappland / Northern Finland) and on my mother's side I am Scottish (View Carmichael Clan). I was raised in the Anglican Church, taught Sunday School, and have practiced and studied many spiritual paths, but I walk a Magickal, a Runic and this Native Path.....
I first met Chief White Cloud in 1997 and shortly thereafter began what has become a new journey in my life, participating in the inipi, and then a drum workshop and then the yuwipi and now into the Sundance arbor.
Director Mary Malboeuf
Courtenay, British Columbia....
Tansai! I am from Northern Saskatchewan, Cree Nation, buffalo people....I've continued on as a Sundancer at Chief White Cloud's dance on Hornby Island, Canada and then on to the South Island of New Zealand."

Offline Ric_Richardson

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2006, 10:47:20 pm »
Tansi;

I am not familiar with Chief White Cloud, but the name Malboeuf is quite common, in the Meadow Lake area, near where I live.  While we do not know a Mary Malboeuf, the name is one of the Cree/Metis names in our area.

I know that there are numerous Cree Sundances, in Saskatchewan, but I was not aware of any in British Columbia, untill now.  

Ric

Offline yellowthunder_bolt

• I Love YaBB 2!
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2006, 12:27:19 am »
 I have heard of a David White Cloud who calims to be a chief in Illinois and who does do sweets but have not found to much about him . I think he claims to be Lakota but could be wrong.

Could this be the White Cloud you are talking about?

Offline fraudchaser

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2006, 05:02:07 pm »
Haven't heard of any White Clouds up in my neck of the woods. Think the White Clouds are Cheyenne, not Lakota.

Offline fraudchaser

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2006, 10:09:19 pm »
Or more likely Chippawa.