General > Frauds

Kaweah Indian Nation

<< < (2/6) > >>

ironbuffalo:

--- Quote ---holds membership and is presiding Elder in Nevada for the Kaweah Nation, representing all Native Americans in the western states.
--- End quote ---

Holy crap! I had no idea this white woman was my chief! ::)

This will be big news out in Duck Valley next week at our sundance.....

educatedindian:
Yeah, didn't you know that they'd all chosen a white woman giving wild west talks for tourists as elder?

Webber is sure pretty ambitious, not only in telling white women they can make themselves an elder for every tribe west of the Mississippi. That "indian story" reads like someone on acid doing their version of Chariots of the Gods, based on old archeology books.

The "Kaweah" claim to be not only Anasazi but Aztec, Toltec, Mayan, Athapascan, Pueblo, and even from Atlantis.

This must be the first time I've heard of Atlantis being in the desert. :)

Hey, he's got every angle covered, UFOs, buried treasure, a "sea gull clan" for desert tribes, and talk about fighting Satan.

Anyone have any idea what "his chosen psopis" means? Only thing I could find was online gamers using it as a term, for what I'm not sure.
http://www.hfd.de/index.php?action=wars_opponentinfo&opponentID=2098&newlanguage=en

ironbuffalo:
"his chosen psopis" sounds like an STD or something.

frederica:
looks something like Java Sun, but also can be for music and chat groups. Need Ingeborg it's all in German. frederica

educatedindian:
More charges against them.

-----

"Kansas U.S. Attorney Says Tribe Being Investigated," Oskar Garcia, The
Associated Press State & Local Wire, August 15, 2007. Copyright 2007
Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.

["The U.S. attorney in Kansas is investigating a non-federally recognized American Indian tribe for recruiting thousands of Hispanic illegal
immigrants by telling them that joining will keep them from being deported.
For as little as $50 per membership, tribes promise documents that bestow legal status enough to get illegal immigrants out of trouble when
 approached by federal agents. But immigration advocates and federal officials say the practice may defraud illegal immigrants out of thousands of dollars and giving them false hope. In Nebraska, some people reported paying up to $1,200 to join the Kaweah Indian Nation, according to Angel Freytez of  the Nebraska Mexican-American Commission. The federal investigation in Kansas was spurred after two Mexicans were indicted for allegedly trying to get U.S. passports and Social Security cards by claiming to be members of theKaweah tribe. Now the U.S. attorney in Kansas is investigating the Wichita,Kan.-based Kaweah Indian Nation, which has sold at least 10,000 tribal memberships to illegal immigrants in several states, according to Manuel Urbina, the tribe's high chief. According to the Bureau of Indian Affairs within the Department of the Interior, the Kaweah group was denied federal recognition in 1985 because it was not a real tribe."]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version