Author Topic: Sir. Rev. Dr. Timothy M. Coulter  (Read 3785 times)

Offline Juliaki

Sir. Rev. Dr. Timothy M. Coulter
« on: February 10, 2009, 12:50:45 pm »
Although I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this one, on a message board I frequent, we had an individual show up who seems to want to collect students of various traditions. He claims to be an adept in all sorts of spiritual paths (including alchemy, voodoo, and so on). In his own words, he claims that he is an "adept shaman" in "Bat clan ( Miyan) Wolf clan ( Iraqua )". He is from Oshawa, Ontario, Canada according to his ULC ordination listing. Anyone heard about this guy or is he just the run of the mill person claiming some pretty wild stuff without anything to back him up?

Thanks in advance!

Offline Superdog

Re: Sir. Rev. Dr. Timothy M. Coulter
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2009, 02:39:43 pm »
I think this is someone who's a little full of himself.  He seems to have a thing for titles...check this message board profile.

"CHEV.SIR.REV.DR.TIMOTHY COULTER D.D.TH.D.PH.D.MSC.D.KSTI.KTC.CIDH. CIHH."

My guess is most of these are self-proclaimed.  He also takes part in message boards involving knights etc.  The "adept shaman" is a pretty broad self-reference.  You might ask him how he came to that conclusion, but otherwise I think he more or less is fascinated with these things...haven't seen any evidence of him opening a school or anything like that.  ;)

If I remember correctly the ULC is a pretty broad non-denominational type of place that accepts any types of spiritual teachings.  Good people who occasionally get fooled by the frauds we talk about here...I think R. Holzwarth was using them for a while until she was outed publicly for not being what she says she is.

Offline Defend the Sacred

• Global Moderator
Re: Sir. Rev. Dr. Timothy M. Coulter
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2009, 09:21:19 pm »
Universal Life Church

They're the mail order ministry, now on the Internet. They "ordain" anyone. No study required. You can go to the site, click the button, and you'll be instantly "ordained," too.

I've never heard of them kicking anyone out. There's no criteria to join, and no monitoring of what people do with their "ministerial credentials," either. That said, many people get their credentials there, because if you belong to a religion that's not recognized by the gov't, it does give you legal standing. They are dedicated to making sure anyone, anywhere, can proclaim themselves clergy and function in that capacity. They have fought legal battles over it.