Author Topic: John T. Moss ( http://www.nativeamericantio.org/ )  (Read 9683 times)

Offline Walks

John T. Moss ( http://www.nativeamericantio.org/ )
« on: April 19, 2010, 05:22:23 pm »
Does anyone have any information on this individual or the organization?

Their web page leaves more questions then answers.

http://www.nativeamericantio.org/

Offline Walks

Re: John T. Moss ( http://www.nativeamericantio.org/ )
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2010, 05:08:09 am »
After some conversations with Mr Moss as well as networking with others on this matter I am confident in my own personal assessment of this matter.

You may follow the following link and read some further discussion and decide for your self whether further investigation is necessary for you to form an opinion.

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/note.php?note_id=436010674761&comments

Offline taraverti

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2010, 04:12:30 pm »
After some conversations with Mr Moss as well as networking with others on this matter I am confident in my own personal assessment of this matter.

You may follow the following link and read some further discussion and decide for your self whether further investigation is necessary for you to form an opinion.

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/note.php?note_id=436010674761&comments

I can't seem to get there from here. Can you provide a link that works?

Offline dabosijigwokush

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2010, 12:26:03 am »
do a search for john t moss
there are two sights cpa is not his

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/john-t-moss/4/12a/55a
« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 12:31:21 am by dabosijigwokush »

Offline Walks

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2010, 02:44:59 am »
I apologize for the link, evidently that page is set to private so with permission I will post a couple of the latest posts in the discussion including my latest.

Raven Skye WinterHawk, is who first initiated some questions to Mr Moss after a comment he made on a video put out by The Cherokee Nation.

The following is a statement posted by Ms. WinterHawk:

Raven Skye WinterHawk
"John T Moss had asked me to call him at the number he had listed (The one I had traced online) and so last night I decided to take him up on the offer and do just that in the hopes of getting answers to my questions and concerns. I am a fair person and would hate to portray things online about anyone without giving the person the chance to clarify things to me themselves.

The conversation began with him being gracious and thanking me for giving him this opportunity by calling him and stated that he wished I had done this in the first place. I told him that if he would have answered the simple inquiries I had made in the beginning of the discussion the rest of this would have been avoided. He then began telling me this long drawn out explanation of his pedigree and bio of claimed credentials and business entities he had worked under over the years.

I finally got to a point where I could interject and get the conversation back to the original reason I called in the first place. Below is the answers he gave to me on the questions I posed .... See More

I must first state that he did ask me on several occasions during the conversation with each tidbit he would admit or attempt to explain that I not publish this or share it. At each time he requested this I remained silent or said I would take his request into consideration. At no time did I promise to him to keep this private and not share it publicly.

When I asked him about what tribes or Native projects he had funded or helped financially in any way his answer was a clear and resounding "NONE" he said that he has not done "any projects in the U.S. and only one in Israel"

As for my question to him regarding his 501(c)(3) nonprofit status and what name it is registered under.

He stated that NA TIO is registered under the name of CASH Community Development (CASH = Caddo Assets Services Help ) and is registered in the state of California and had a state 501(c)(3) which has been suspended. He is NOT federally registered at this time with the IRS for 501(c)(3) status but claimed he has applied but has NOT received his IRS letter of determination and claimed there is some hold ups due to more restraints since the mortgage companies crash that they look into it at more length and takes longer. I also found myself a state application for 501(c)(3) status in the state of Florida which is dated 36 days following the
suspension of the one in California but he claims that he doesn't know anything about that. He also stated later in the conversation that there were some written errors in his original application in the state of California and that was the reason for the suspension. If that is true then I don't understand why he wouldn't have just corrected the errors and resubmitted rather than going 36 days later and registering in the state of Florida.

With the above information admitted to me by him I then asked about the donations he uses and he stated that "he is trying to get the 'business' off the ground and is using donations he receives to pay expenses to do that."

In my research what the law provides is that when a person files in the state for incorporation of a not for profit organization they can by law work as a nonprofit for 18 months while applying for IRS nonprofit status. However if they choose to receive donations and at the end of those 18 months they do not for any reason receive their IRS letter of determination and are NOT given the nonprofit status then they have to contact those people who donated and either refund their money or inform them if they don't want the money returned that their donation is not tax deductible. This is very risky to take donations during this time period. Now this is really mute in his situation because the state nonprofit status as he stated to me himself has been suspended. So I would deduce from this that he has no right to be asking for donations.

He stated that his primary funding for NA TIO comes from PDI (Project Development International) He stated that his work history basically began in the telemarketing field when he was young and he basically from what I gathered became very good at it and even published a book on the subject. He then began traveling and teaching at seminars and workshops. In my own investigation the companies I found who attended these seminars and workshops were ones such as title loan companies and high interest loan companies.

In his attempt to explain to me his intentions with this venture he made the following statement which took me
back and concerned me greatly. He stated.... "I have a disabled child and if I can acquire a 12,000 monthly base salary for myself to care for my son and in turn help my native people, where is the harm in that? It is a win win situation for all"

As for the question of it being "native ran". He claimed to me that the "board of directors are all card carrying Indians" however he also stated that he intends to place on salary and/or pay in some ways several of his advisers and that not all of them are registered native. In my opinion wouldn't those then have a hand in running the company? If they are salaried employees and are not registered Native Americans then how can he claim the company to be "Native ran". Just my thought on that matter. I have no problem with non natives being involved, I just have a problem with him claiming it as native ran when truth is that there are individuals involved in the daily running of the company who are not native. Skirting the truth seems to me to be a tendency here.

As for Blue Sky Ventures International LLC and Blue Sky Ventures LLC, he basically said this was past dealings that he is no longer associated with. However when I visited their website I found him still to date listed on their contact information page as a point of contact with an email address pertaining to the company name. See below.

Contact Blue Sky Ventures LLC
don@blueskyventuresllc.com. 530-682-3023. Jeremy Hayes. jeremy@blueskyventuresllc.com. 434-531-

9118. John T Moss. john@blueskyventuresllc.com. 541-226-2232.

Their websites are as follows
www.blueskyvi.com (Blue sky ventures international)
http://blueskyventuresllc.com (Blue sky ventures)
View for yourself that John T Moss is listed on their contact page with the number he listed.
http://blueskyventuresllc.com/index.php?pr=Contact_Us

To sum my opinion up as best I can I share the following. To the best of my ability what I gather from researching this matter it appears to be what I've heard referred to as a "shell" company. Meaning, lets say you took 9 shells (corresponding with the 9 company subsidiaries registered in 9 counties of florida, see previous comments from me above on this) So you take 9 shells (companies) and you get a person to invest and they give you a dollar and you place it under one shell (company) then you move that Shell around and the investor then has to figure out where their money is. Basically it appears in my opinion he gets investors to give money, he places it under one company and then moves it to a subsidiary company and the first company then goes defunct and the people are told they have lost their money. Truth is the money is still there but in another subsidiary. It is a practice that is legal but walks the fine line. Some call this pyramid schemes. findings and our conversations.

This is the best I could deduce from my findings and our conversation.

He is very articulate and makes it sound so on the up and up but when I broke it down myself I found it more than questionable. He is obviously a high pressure salesman and can talk and talk and talk but doesn't really say much in the end and the information seems so detailed and involved that it is virtually impossible for most to understand it and grasp what he is saying. It was like pulling teeth to get him to slow down long enough to explain it in terms that actually made sense and each time I'd question something he'd revert to these credentials he claims to hold.

So my final take on this is that I stand firm on my own decision to at this time delete him as a friend on my facebook as I do not wish for the wall or any area on my facebook to be used to promote his company or any of his business dealings. I do not feel confident in supporting him or endorsement of him in any way and denounce any association with him whatsoever. ... See More

Unless a comment to this thread warrants my response I will not be discussing John T Moss or his business dealings further because I do not want my name associated with him in any way."

My closing comment was as follows:

John Jonas
I would like to make the following statement to Mr. Moss, as I am sure he is following this discussion very intently and i too will be deleting him from my friendlist and dis-associating myself from him.

First, let me thank you, Mr Moss for your replies to my inquiries, however some direct answers would have been much more appreciated rather then the beating all around the bush and constant attempts by you to pass the buck and attention on to someone else, that you insisted upon.

You did, however, say one thing that perhaps you may benefit from contemplating further.... See More
Yes....Raven is a very strong warrior for our peoples. In fact, most of our women are. And most will not be impressed with your brags of the large sums of monies you claim you will accumulate for yourself as a result of your activities. Quite to the contrary, most of them will be repulsed since they have a very long history that has shown them the unfortunate results for our Nations due to the exploitations of those such as yourself.

Sure you may find a few of the more assimilated ones whom you may impress in this manner, but looking on any of our reservations will undoubtedly bring you much frustration and very little in the way of results.

Yes, most of us may be very poor, monetarily,but I can assure you that we would much rather lead a poor but proud existence then to wallow in luxury with the knowledge that our Ancestors will look on us with disgust and our descendants will be forced to hang their heads in shame at our memory.

One other thing I might add that you may or may not be able to wrap your mind around......

Like I told you a couple days ago, dollars are not the most important things in life.

While many of your businesses have bankrupted,I myself have owned a couple very successful ones.

The difference, I think, being that I worked my ass off at a very creative and productive craft,real physical manual labor, Mr Moss, not lying awake nights trying to figure out some way of exploiting others misfortunes.(Yes, I know of the nature of your past enterprises.)

Perhaps now with the insights I have layed out here you may decide it more prudent to find some other segment of the population to exploit.

I hear that very soon the ruling class will be the new minority.....

Perhaps there is some angle there.......

It seems that Mr. Moss is still posting things on his wall about projects and his 501(c)(3) status after just admitting that they have participated in NO projects within the U.S. and that their nonprofit status is suspended and he has no IRS nonprofit status.

I want to also Thank Ms. WinterHawk for initiating this inquiry and the information she provided to me during my own digging. Her generosity was gratefully reciprocated by myself.

Offline Walks

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2010, 11:09:49 pm »

On March 20, 1985, Tim Giago wrote an article for The Lakota Times, which he founded, entitled "Guidelines for Coping with Rip-Off Artists".

In the article he poses 14 questions that should be asked when tribal officials are considering business deals with outside sources.... See More

" 1. What is the "angle" of the party trying to influance you? (Surely they didn't travel all the way to your reservation just because they love Indians. Find out what's in it for them!)

2. What is said that's within your experience? (In other words, do you know what in the heck he's talking about?)

3. Is the pitch consistently vague? (Does the salesman say alot of cloudy things inconsistent with the hard facts of reservation lifestyles?)

4. What isn't said? (Are you reading between the lines?)

5. Are nonsequiturs used? (A nonsequitur is a statement of response that does not follow logically from anything previously said.)

6. As far as the tribe is concerned, if action is taken, what will be the effect? (When talking about cutting timber or drilling for oil, are all of the negatives being considered?)

7. Can you get impartial advice? (This point is ver important. When you are talking about investing thousands of tribal dollars into a business venture, you are talking about the peoples money. Every avenue of comparison should be sought by the council.)

8. What's the track record of the party trying to convince you? ( This is one of the easiest things to check out, and yet it is one of the things many tribal councils don't even consider. Has this company or individual established successful business ventures on other reservations? Would the tribe recommend them to other Indian tribes?)

9. Check for a desire to hide the facts! (It is imperative the tribal officials have someone present familiar with the product or services being sold. Until all questions are answered satisfactorily, no decisions should be made, and no monies allocated.)

10. If you are being rushed, watch out! (If the tribe has managed to survive for the past 100 years without this particular business venture, why get in a hurry now?)

11. Is it too good to be true? (Almost any major improvement on an Indian reservation sounds too good to be true, so there is lots of leeway here.)

12. Are there any appeals designed to get around your intelligence? ( In other words, is the salesman trying to "dazzle" you with his footwork?)

13. Set up a meeting with tribal people before the presentation is made and come up with a list of questions of your own. This is common business sense!

14. Asking questions is pro-tribal survival! (Don't ever accept anything as fact until you have checked it out. No individual or company is going to do business with an Indian reservation unless there is something in it for them. You will not be dealing with charity organizations but with very shrewd business people interested in making a profit. Not all of them are crooked! Some of them may have a deal in mind that will make the tribe a nice profit_as well as themselves.)

Don't jump on the first deal offered. Shop around and, if need be, get a second or a third opinion. If the deal is a good one, it will keep!"