Author Topic: NAFPS takes pride in being called "Enemy"  (Read 239831 times)

Offline Smart Mule

• Administrator
Re: NAFPS takes pride in being called "Enemy"
« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2012, 07:32:32 pm »
Sorry earth.  Thank you for letting us know.

Offline Ogichidaa

« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2012, 06:55:42 pm »
Friends,

AIM Indiana (the newest sanctioned chapter of AIM) wants to honor you and thank you for all your efforts and for being willing to withstand the negative attacks by the Sham Ons. We are interested in seeing a book written that chronicles all these fakes. In our region McCulloug, Dark Rain Thom, Momfeather Erickson, The Overhll Cherokee, the "Western United Lenape", and many others have hurt so many people and it is time to stop. We need to gather all of this in one package that can be distributed internationally. McCullough now has deputized pipe carriers and sundancers in Belgium, England and all over Europe. I realize we are just speaking from our little corner ofthe universe and there are so many more in California, Arizona, Texas, Georgia, and all over. But we need them to become embarrassed to pretend to be medicine people.

Migwetch for all you do!

Offline Laurel

« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2012, 07:10:58 pm »
I write, and would be glad to assist with such a project. I don't think I could handle doing all the research myself unless I were given a lot of time, but nothing would make me happier than helping The Big Book of Plastic Shamans get written, even if I were just copy editing.

Cheesy Little Life

« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2012, 11:02:59 am »
I would be pleased to offer some of the following: writing, research and fact-checking, editing, copyediting, and book production skills.

I am well placed in Britain to do research on the issue.

« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 04:08:55 pm by Cheesy Little Life »

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2012, 01:48:48 pm »
For anyone wishing to spread the word about these frauds, you can always write articles yourself. But these tactics do the most good IME:

Write clearly, state your opinion strongly but calmly. Avoid ambiguity "In my opinion he's not doing right" is far less effective than "Native traditionalists say this is wrong."

Anonymous articles will be discounted by just about everyone. You must use your real name and be prepared for the personal attacks. Those the public is most likely to listen to include not just Natives but also former Nuagers, those who have family or friends harmed by frauds, and those with some kind of credentials.

Mainstream media won't listen. Your best bet is to get the ear of altmedia reporters. Failing that, self publish and repost the link repeatedly.

Offline Defend the Sacred

• Global Moderator
« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2014, 07:14:06 pm »
Very relevant to the intense stalking a small, aggressive handful of butthurt frauds and their defenders have been engaging in:

http://www.slate.com/articles/health_and_science/climate_desk/2014/02/internet_troll_personality_study_machiavellianism_narcissism_psychopathy.html

Internet Trolls Really Are Horrible People

Narcissistic, Machiavellian, psychopathic, and sadistic.
The Internet is sadists' playground.

By Chris Mooney

In the past few years, the science of Internet trollology has made some strides. Last year, for instance, we learned that by hurling insults and inciting discord in online comment sections, so-called Internet trolls (who are frequently anonymous) have a polarizing effect on audiences, leading to politicization, rather than deeper understanding of scientific topics.

That’s bad, but it’s nothing compared with what a new psychology paper has to say about the personalities of trolls themselves. The research, conducted by Erin Buckels of the University of Manitoba and two colleagues, sought to directly investigate whether people who engage in trolling are characterized by personality traits that fall in the so-called Dark Tetrad: Machiavellianism (willingness to manipulate and deceive others), narcissism (egotism and self-obsession), psychopathy (the lack of remorse and empathy), and sadism (pleasure in the suffering of others).

It is hard to underplay the results: The study found correlations, sometimes quite significant, between these traits and trolling behavior. What’s more, it also found a relationship between all Dark Tetrad traits (except for narcissism) and the overall time that an individual spent, per day, commenting on the Internet.

In the study, trolls were identified in a variety of ways. One was by simply asking survey participants what they “enjoyed doing most” when on online comment sites, offering five options: “debating issues that are important to you,” “chatting with others,” “making new friends,” “trolling others,” and “other.” Here’s how different responses about these Internet commenting preferences matched up with responses to questions designed to identify Dark Tetrad traits:
E.E. Buckels et al, "Trolls just want to have fun," Personality and Individual Differences, 2014.

E.E. Buckels et al, "Trolls just want to have fun," Personality and Individual Differences, 2014.

To be sure, only 5.6 percent of survey respondents actually specified that they enjoyed “trolling.” By contrast, 41.3 percent of Internet users were “non-commenters,” meaning they didn’t like engaging online at all. So trolls are, as has often been suspected, a minority of online commenters, and an even smaller minority of overall Internet users.

The researchers conducted multiple studies, using samples from Amazon’s Mechanical Turk but also of college students, to try to understand why the act of trolling seems to attract this type of personality. They even constructed their own survey instrument, which they dubbed the Global Assessment of Internet Trolling, or GAIT, containing the following items:

I have sent people to shock websites for the lulz.

I like to troll people in forums or the comments section of websites.

I enjoy griefing other players in multiplayer games.

The more beautiful and pure a thing is, the more satisfying it is to corrupt.

Yes, some people actually say they agree with such statements. And again, doing so was correlated with sadism in its various forms, with psychopathy, and with Machiavellianism. Overall, the authors found that the relationship between sadism and trolling was the strongest, and that indeed, sadists appear to troll because they find it pleasurable. “Both trolls and sadists feel sadistic glee at the distress of others,” they wrote. “Sadists just want to have fun ... and the Internet is their playground!”

The study comes as websites, particularly at major media outlets, are increasingly weighing steps to rein in trollish behavior. Last year Popular Science did away with its comments sections completely, citing research on the deleterious effects of trolling, and YouTube also took measures to rein in trolling.

But study author Buckels actually isn’t sure that fix is a realistic one. “Because the behaviors are intrinsically motivating for sadists, comment moderators will likely have a difficult time curbing trolling with punishments (e.g., banning users),” she said by email. “Ultimately, the allure of trolling may be too strong for sadists, who presumably have limited opportunities to express their sadistic interests in a socially-desirable manner.”

The research, conducted by Erin Buckels of the University of Manitoba and two colleagues, sought to directly investigate whether people who engage in trolling are characterized by personality traits that fall in the so-called Dark Tetrad: Machiavellianism (willingness to manipulate and deceive others), narcissism (egotism and self-obsession), psychopathy (the lack of remorse and empathy), and sadism (pleasure in the suffering of others).

It is hard to underplay the results: The study found correlations, sometimes quite significant, between these traits and trolling behavior. What’s more, it also found a relationship between all Dark Tetrad traits (except for narcissism) and the overall time that an individual spent, per day, commenting on the Internet.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Additional links on original page: http://www.slate.com/articles/health_and_science/climate_desk/2014/02/internet_troll_personality_study_machiavellianism_narcissism_psychopathy.html

Offline Diana

• I Love YaBB 2!
« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2014, 10:42:19 pm »
Thanks for the posting katheryn. I have always wondered what motivated these types of people. Especially the ones who post in the comments sections in news articles about Indians. You would not believe the out right racism and hatred and it always seems to be the same people or type of person. 

And what's even more disturbing is the people who still post their racist rants through news outlets that require you to do so through Facebook. They're not anonymous anymore and they still don't care who see's their evil dialogue.  >:( 

I was reading an article about a state park that was making a name change on some peak or rock outcropping??.....sorry can't remember exactly which, but they were changing the name from Squaw peak to something more appropriate. It had been petitioned by the local Tribe to make the change and the state park after years of dragging their heels finally complied. It was a small article just 3 paragraphs. The comment section had 186 comments! Almost all were from outraged white people spewing the most god awful racist vitriol. It was sickening and a little scarey. I clicked on some of the worst offender's Facebook profiles to see who they were and found one person who was particularly vile was employed by the local library!!!!

The moral of the story is you never really know who your racist neighbor is until they post in a comment section of a small town newspaper.

Diana   

Offline RedRightHand

« Reply #37 on: December 16, 2014, 09:24:56 pm »
A Wiccan troll who goes by the name John O'Brien came to NAFPS and pretended to be Native. He was used to playing NDN among the Wiccans, where he posts excruciating attempts at poetry and unbalanced screeds about the demons he believes are attacking him. I guess he didn't realize he'd encounter real Natives here who would try to talk some sense into him. He used the the name Atehequa, claimed to be "Shawano" and launched right in on attacking elders and their traditions.

As happens when trolls like that invade the forum, he earned himself the ban hammer. Both for his insulting actions and lies as well as for attempting to sockpuppet in his own defense.

So now he's online lying about us. He's posting things he got off Neo-Nazi attack pages - one that is connected to some of the recent white supremacist mass shootings in the US. O'Brien is literally posting stuff from a Nazi hit list. He's posting outrageous, racist lies that even the Neo-Nazis finally agreed were libellous and took down. He is also copying and pasting things from Smoking Crack woman - aka Suzanne DuPree, aka Looking Back Woman - a divisive outsider to the Lakota communities she claims to be an authority on, who no traditional people claim, yet due to her speaking out against AIM she has gained a bit of a following among non-Natives and non-Lakota who don't care (or who don't know) that she's not who she claims to be. People have tried to help DuPree with her alcohol issues and homelessness, but she has turned on everyone who tried to help her.

John O'Brien is also posting the usual lies the frauds resort to, claiming the NDNs here aren't NDN and, even weirder, claiming the white people here aren't white. Which is kind of funny, if it weren't so indicative of how unhinged he is.  I guess, like the Nazi sites he's enamored with, he considers us all "Commie Jews," and thinks Jews are non-white. Or maybe he hates Black people more so he thinks we're Black? Hard to say. I think he needs some more help with those demons. 

John O'Brien seems like one of those vicious, racist white people who wants all the NDNs to be dead so he can get away with being a pretendian. He doesn't even realize how every word out of his mouth gave him away as a pretendian, so he is apparently consumed by rage. What he doesn't realize is that we've also heard from people in his area who know he's a racist liar, mentally unwell and possibly dangerous.

Cate Crow, she who promotes fake cancer cures that will make people sicker, seems to have teamed up with him, and both are sockpuppetting in various troll dumps in the dark corners of the intarwebs. Must suck to be them.

Offline RedRightHand

« Reply #38 on: February 07, 2015, 11:11:12 pm »
White supremacist, lying troll and pretendian John O'Brien appears to also be using the screen name Missikech Kechqua, under which he is stalking women and posting more of the same white supremacist attacks on NDNs. He is continuing the same pattern of trolling as he's exhibited under the Atehequa sockpuppet identity, where he poses as a Native on Newage and Wiccan forums to give out fake "Indian Wisdom."

It looks like in some places he has at first posted a few things that sound reasonable, like John Trudell videos or even things taken from NAFPS about appropriators. But once people start to engage with him, the paranoid attacks begin again.

It looks to me like when he was here, he was accusing respected forum members, whom many of us know well in person, of being completely other people... random strangers whom none of us have ever heard of, that he'd had disagreements with in backwaters of the newage interwebs.

In between hanging out with white supremacists he is playing NDN on a number of crazy sites for things like "starseeds" and witchcraft, such as this one:

http://www.starseeds.net/profile/MissikechKechqua

Offline earthw7

• Standing Rock Tourism
« Reply #39 on: March 02, 2015, 04:32:46 pm »
i just wanted you to know that american tribes deleted the post about NAFPS and deleted the people who were posting about the site because their behavior, so they have been banned from the site.

Hi earth

I think Dietmar should consider locking down and getting rid of that annoying and insulting nafps section. It is getting ridiculous and hateful.
What do you think?
Waganari
Read more: http://amertribes.proboards.com/conversation/3950#ixzz3TFLWsaDy

so the post was deleted.

In Spirit

ian bear

« Reply #40 on: April 04, 2015, 05:21:48 pm »

Cate Crow, she who promotes fake cancer cures that will make people sicker, seems to have teamed up with him, and both are sockpuppetting in various troll dumps in the dark corners of the intarwebs. Must suck to be them.

that a lie. very sad what you do to her. respected teacher and friend of native people. I gave her Ojibwe formula and she try to help people with it and she did help people with it. Cate is good person with big heart. she apologize for not giving source here. do honorable thing and lift ban.

Offline earthw7

• Standing Rock Tourism
« Reply #41 on: April 05, 2015, 12:50:51 pm »
what ban?
In Spirit

Offline Defend the Sacred

• Global Moderator
« Reply #42 on: April 05, 2015, 08:04:51 pm »
Ian, if you would please go to the introductions thread and introduce yourself, we would appreciate knowing who we're talking to. After you spammed the forum you said you were leaving. If you plan on staying, we'd appreciate an introduction. Are you Native? If so, from what Nation? I think Sky and others thoroughly debunked your friend Cate's claims, and clarified that Black Root medicine is not Essiac (which was made up by a white woman) in the essiac thread: http://www.newagefraud.org/smf/index.php?topic=3226.0  And in the Cherry Valley thread: http://www.newagefraud.org/smf/index.php?topic=4443.0

Cate was banned from the forum for lying to us and about us, for posting plagiarized materials, and for stalking and libeling people. It is clear she was not here to help with the purpose of the forum, but rather to promote frauds and fraud, and to cause harm to our members.

I'd also like to request that non-Natives who join the forum not use names that could lead people to mistakenly believe they are Native. It will save everyone stress and minimize misunderstandings and conflict.

Autumn

« Reply #43 on: April 06, 2015, 12:07:53 am »

that a lie. very sad what you do to her. respected teacher and friend of native people. I gave her Ojibwe formula and she try to help people with it and she did help people with it. Cate is good person with big heart. she apologize for not giving source here. do honorable thing and lift ban.
(bolding mine)

ian, there is no need to lift the ban.  Cate says it all on this website under the screen names Cate Crow and Reality Check4u (another alias for Cate).

http://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/nafps-california-c235765.html

Offline AClockworkWhite

« Reply #44 on: April 06, 2015, 03:57:55 am »
"Complaintsboard dot com"... OMG how ludicrous. Using a consumer complaint page as a sounding board because no one legitimate will take them serious is absolutely pathetic. Why not just write it on a bathroom wall at that point?
I came here for the popcorn and stayed for the slaying of pretenders.