Author Topic: Hello from Thyme  (Read 2877 times)

Offline Thyme

Hello from Thyme
« on: November 05, 2010, 02:11:52 pm »
Hi, great forum. Thank you for bringing these issues forward to public awareness.
I come from a background of ten years in witchcraft, working locally both in a coven and as a solitary. Some years ago I decided to further my knowledge of British Goddesses and signed up for a course in England run by a large organisation. Checking that it was suitable first, I parted with my cash and started the course. It soon became apparent that it was cobbled together using ceremonies and rituals from other traditions including wicca/witchcraft, the very traditions that it actively taught against. The whole thing was marketed as a new dynamic path with the local twist. It was a year long course, with further courses up to six years and is now even taught online, all at cost. The quality of the teaching was poor and the credibility of the teachers came into question as they were embarking on various psychological techniques without the necessary credentials or support to the pupils and that was just the tip of the problem. On a more positive note I did get to meet some great people and we are still in touch. I really enjoyed being outside and visiting the sacred sites. I don't know whether this fits into your criteria as a NAFPS, but I thought I'd post it as an awareness issue anyway. Look forward to hearing your thoughts on this,Thyme.