Author Topic: sweat in mexico  (Read 4987 times)

Offline tiago2010

sweat in mexico
« on: July 04, 2010, 01:42:29 am »
Page in spanish. It seems is from MExico, with representatives from USAalso.

http://temazcalteotihuacan.blogspot.com/2009/05/chief-raymundo-tigre-perez.html

Offline Cetan

• Hoka Hey
Re: sweat in mexico
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2010, 03:13:50 pm »
My Spanish isnt that good but based on prior knowledge I believe this is from one of the students of Talquaelel who is a 90 yr old Mexica elder and the keeper of the oral tradition. He went to Crow Dogs with a few of his students who lived and traveled with him and they Sundanced, Leonard Crow Dog told him the he should take the Sundance back to Mexico and start Sundances there, which he did. One of the Sundances is run by Tigre Perez. I have met Talquaelelany times and he is a wealth of knowledge of  Mexica culture and history including astronomy and sacred sites. Whether he should be running a Sundance is another issue but he did start it with the blessings of Crow Dog, now whether Crow Dog has any right to have people start Sundances in non-Lakota areas is one that many people will say NO to

Offline tiago2010

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2010, 03:47:06 am »
what i read is that Raymundo never open any sundances anywere, Tlacaelel maybe did it i don't know much about him.. about Raymundo it seems he was from Laredo, there's a bio on him, seems he died in the lately 90's, and also says that he did some ceremonies called Kanto del Pueblo in the late 60's in some reservations in US gathering people from the Ironshield family (excuse me if its bad spelled) & other places, and then in MExico... connecting some dots, i have heard that sundances in mexico or latinamerica "claim to be connected with Crowdog's sundance... but also, that actually what is true is that no person from Lakota-areas has ever give a right or permission to do so in non-Lakota areas... so, what is true is that there's no sundance with permission to be done in any place but lakota-areas? maybe sounds simple the question... but it's important to have that clear here in the latinmerica... ?

Offline tiago2010

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2010, 04:11:29 am »
it seems tlacaelel did in 98 a sundance in teotihuacán, his real name was (or his..) francisco jimenez. here you have a document.. but in spanish. It says that actually crow dog never gave a permission for Sundancesin mexico... it seems like a good doc on plastic shamans that share some thoughts about different frauds

http://books.google.cl/books?id=axXwNDrfX3sC&pg=PA54&lpg=PA54&dq=tlacaelel+danza+del+sol&source=bl&ots=y5WJstNEqI&sig=ldVS2KO71_w681qOpBN7IcyMoZc&hl=es&ei=zfszTLPgD4qkuAfH59jnAg&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CBUQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q&f=false

Offline Cetan

• Hoka Hey
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2010, 04:14:58 am »
I heard many years ago from Tlaquaelel and several of those who first went to Crow Dogs with him that they were told by Leonard they could Sundance but after they finished the committment there to take the Sundance to Mexico. However who gave Crow Dog the right to have non-Lakota running Sundances far away from Lakota territory

Offline tecpaocelotl

• That one guy...
    • My blog
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2010, 10:58:20 pm »
Do you guys still need a translation?