Author Topic: Centro Ceremonial "Lol Be"  (Read 4661 times)

Offline tiago2010

Centro Ceremonial "Lol Be"
« on: June 15, 2010, 10:13:19 pm »
www.yumchaak.com.mx

It seems a typical fraud.. something like "in 5 seasons we will make you a shaman" with different rate and prices.

Offline nemesis

Re: Centro Ceremonial "Lol Be"
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2010, 12:17:53 pm »
Apart from anything else that website surely has to win some kind of award for terrible design!

My eyes!

:o

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
Re: Centro Ceremonial "Lol Be"
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2010, 08:35:17 pm »
They even will make you a "Mayan Diplomate" for the right price. If you go that section it takes you to a "university" run by Carlos Mena Toto AKA Hunbatz Men. We have a thread on him under Frauds.
http://www.newagefraud.org/smf/index.php?topic=1035.0

All of the tours on that site insist on payment in advance to Toto's account in Miami, listed under his real name.

"Diplomate" I guess is his attempt to make it sound like a Mayan way of saying diplomat, but all you'd be doing is paying for his "courses" at his Cosmic Initiate University that last a grand total of six days.

The "faculty" there are Toto, a retired nurse named Leonide Martin, and one who says he was an astronomer and archaeologist, Alberto Hagar Gonzalez. Really, both of these two were in academia and should know better. This is a disgrace.

OTH, this page here says that Gonzalez only holds a degree in Science and Technology.
http://www.earthspiritmedicine.org/Sacred%20Geometry%20Workshop.html
That's a general science degree, generally only a four year BA. Sometimes one can even get a two year Associate's degree in it. It seems unlikely he ever taught at a respectable school. No wonder he's content to go around selling faux ceremony and making up nonsense about the Mayans. Look at the ridiculous claims about his accomplishments from the Lol Be site:

"Alberto Hagar Gonzales is a scientist and archeoastronomic investigator from Merida, Yucatan, Mexico. He is a graduate of Colegio Montejo and Technical Studies Sup. Maquinas Herriamientas ITRM in Merida. With a background in technical and scientific investigation for law enforcement and intelligence"

What? So he's a CSI investigator, or in forensics? Or in military intel?

"he has dedicated more than 20 years to independent investigation of the archeoastronomy and spiritual character of ancient peoples. He has written extensively about these subjects."

WTH does archaeastronomy have to do with law enforcement or intel?

"As a resident of Yucatan, much of his study focuses on the Maya. Hagar achieved many discoveries and developed unique theories about the Maya world. Among these are:
Finding the exact astro-science used for construction of Maya structures,"

If actually true, he'd be one of the most famous scientists, ever. I suspect he's presented theories that haven't been well received outside of Nuage circles.

"decoding the numeric-geometric score in the designs of Maya construction,"

Been done by many others. Again, I suspect he's not been well received.

"discovering the two rulers of the nine standards of geodesic measure employed by the Mayas in construction,"

Anyone want to guess what that means? Geodesic theories about construction were a fad when I was a kid in the 70s.

"inventing the staff/rod of Pakal and of Itzamna as tools of Maya measurement,"

If he invented them, then obviously they are not Mayan.

"demonstrating the necessity of the vigesimal system in Maya script and design, linking geometry of construction with the script of the codices, developing a method to obtain a musical score of Maya structures, and describing the significance of the 20 glyphs of the Tzolk’in calendar from a genetic perspective."

Again, anyone want to speculate on what he's claiming? How does one "obtain a musical score of Maya structures? Hit a Maya building and pretend the sound is part of a musical scale?

"Alberto Hagar has participated in over 80 conferences before international audiences in 24 countries."

How many of them were Nuage? Most if not all would be my guess.

"He was an official envoy for Mexico to the U.S. and Canada to promote Chichen Itza as one of the New 7 Wonders of the World."

Nonsense. There is no reason he'd represent Mexico to the US and Canada. The contest for the New 7 Wonders was a private attempt to influence the United Nations. And the UN wasn't impressed at all.

----------
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Seven_Wonders_of_the_World
United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO), in a press release on June 20, 2007, reaffirmed that it has no link with the "private initiative", which it says would reflect "only the opinions of those with access to the Internet". The press release concluded:
“ There is no comparison between Mr. Weber’s mediatised campaign and the scientific and educational work resulting from the inscription of sites on UNESCO’s World Heritage List. The list of the 7 New Wonders of the World will be the result of a private undertaking, reflecting only the opinions of those with access to the Internet and not the entire world. This initiative cannot, in any significant and sustainable manner, contribute to the preservation of sites elected by this public

----------

Back to the Lol Be site:

"His presentations were featured at many universities in Mexico and the U.S.,"

And yet he doesn't name one.

"at NASA and the Jet Propulsion Laboratory in Pasadena, CA."

I couldn't find any evidence of that online.

"He participated in the design concepts of the Hotel Grand Sirenis on the Maya Riviera, awarded the “Work of the Year” in 2008."

No evidence of that online. The photos of that hotel show a fairly routine tourist resort. No idea why he'd think his alleged designs at it would impress anyone looking to find out about Mayan tradition.

"Collaborating with American geneticists, he demonstrated that the Mayas knew the 20 alpha-amino acids (20 Tzolk’in glyphs) and used these to stimulate health and create life." 

Again, why doesn't name the people he supposedly worked with?
I found plenty of evidence the Mayans knew about amino acids. But that's a simple discovery involving food and nutrition. When you remove the casings on a kernel of corn, you expose its amino acids. That's something most Natives have long known.

The only sites I saw saying it involved DNA were all Nuage ones.

"Among his publications are: Los Codigos Sagrados de Hunaab’Ku,"

Only place I found that listed was here, on a faux-militant site Red Light, for Chicano Nationalists with Nuage ideas.
http://elistas.egrupos.net/lista/redluz/archivo/indice/1/msg/834/%3E

The same list has works about angels, quantum medicine, Mission Rama, the White Brotherhood, etc. And it was for a conference all right. An interactive conference. It's not clear if that means online, or teleconference.

"Las Claves de Sanacion de los Antiguos Mayas, Los Veinte Amino-Glifos Mayas, workbooks for conferences; Rosas de Castilla, 2012 Profecia de las Serpientes, El Sepulturero, novels; and diverse articles and courses in the U.S., Mexico, Europe and Japan."

Nothing on any of these online.

"Two of his screenplays are being produced as movies, “The Sacred Geometry of the Divine Feminine” about his discoveries involving the cloak of Our Lady of Guadalupe, and “2012, The Prophecy of the Serpent” about the Maya legacy for the world in 2012."

Ugh. The second one might be true, though Gonzalez has been saying it for several years already.
Actually this site says it was supposed to be released in 2009.
http://www.december212012.com/articles/news/Russell_Crowe_to_Shoot_Movie.htm

A long delay in release is usually a sign it's such a dog of a film it's going direct to video.