Author Topic: Grandmas Farm  (Read 8014 times)

Offline Tsisqua

• Native American Unity ~ NAU
Grandmas Farm
« on: March 25, 2008, 02:57:50 pm »
You can find Grandmas Farm here:

http://www.grandmasfarm.org/index.html

Which bothers me the most is this:

http://www.grandmasfarm.org/sweat_lodge.html

Also this:

NATIVE AMERICAN SWEAT LODGE

Through a combination of silence, singing, praying, and sharing from the heart, Sweat Lodges become the heart of a community.  The Sweat Lodge experience is very holistic with innumerable benefits to be experienced on many levels of understanding.  It is a microcosm of the cosmos.

The Sweat Lodge at Grandma’s Farm is open to the public.  Since this is a very sacred ceremony, there is ancient protocol that must be observed.  If you feel drawn to participate or would like a more in depth description of the Sweat Lodge, Click HERE.

Our once a month Lodge is offered on the Third Saturday of the month.  The fire is started about 1 ½ - 2 hours before sunset and participants are asked to be there at that time for the starting of the fire.  The Sweat Lodge ceremony begins at sunset. 

Please contact Grandma’s Farm or one of the Lodge Leaders listed at the end of the SWEAT LODGE page to see what type of donations for the Lodge are most needed at the time.

Examples of donations are:

Physical Labor – wood cutting and/or gathering

In Kind Donations – Lava Rocks necessary for the ceremony

Money – Although this is not traditional it is a necessary exchange of energy for the society we live in

Tobacco – is a traditional gift to honor the Lodge Leaders and the Fire Keeper. Please ask if you are unsure of any of the traditions.

The woman who alerted me to this sent the following:

My sister and her bf went here to check it out, they were asked for 100 bucks a piece!!

There are no leaders in Unity

TRIBALMOONS@yahoo.com

Re: Grandmas Farm
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2008, 06:23:03 pm »
er............one of the contacts names is "Crystal Gingras " wonder if that translates into See through GRINGO??????  :P

Offline Tsisqua

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2008, 06:41:13 pm »
Im actually wondering if it's the same Crystal Gingras who is the daughter of Don Gingras....I sure hope not as Don is a real traditional guy, currently incarcerated in MT..and wouldn't be too happy about his daughter being involved with selling sweatlodge etc...I've sent a few emails their way just to see what kinda response I get regarding the $100 asking price for Sweatlodge....if Crystal is who I think she is...she should darn well know better....annoys me more when our own people sell ceremony  >:(

TRIBALMOONS@yahoo.com

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2008, 07:55:34 pm »
If I am not mistaken he is incarcerated with my son, in or around Deer Lodge, and My Son has spoke of him in letters. I pray it is not her......

Offline Tsisqua

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2008, 08:39:02 pm »
Yup...same guy...same place...he makes Hitched Horse Hair Items...very talented guy....nice guy too...and the daughter 'used' to own a store on the rez...her name is definately Crystal...as she sent me some things of her fathers a few years back when we were up in Akwesasne..seems she's gotten mixed up with some oddballs.. :(  Im still awaiting email responses.

TRIBALMOONS@yahoo.com

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2008, 08:59:39 pm »
Yup that be him, in fact he is teaching my son how to make them, he is making me a bridle, and some other things. Well if that is her, What an embarrassment to her Father and I wonder if he knows.

frederica

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2008, 09:35:43 pm »
http://reiki.7gen.com/directory/practitioner.php/8211                                                                                                                                  http://www.myspace.com/whatsyourwhy                                                                                                                                       http://www.merchantcircle.com/business/Massage-Made-Convenient.316-409-6929
« Last Edit: March 25, 2008, 09:43:03 pm by frederica »

Offline Tsisqua

frederica

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2008, 10:04:45 pm »
The one doing the sweats for Grandma is not the same as yours, though both from the same place. The other is a nuage practitationer, 41 years from Wichita.

Offline Tsisqua

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2008, 11:28:56 pm »
Yup...I was just speaking with Don's sister on the phone...so phhhewww and thank you :)

But anyways...100 bucks a piece as a 'donation' to sit in a sweatlodge?
What is it with all the careful wording 'Donation'...this doesn't excuse these folks selling ceremony...they dont advertize the price...they seem to be real careful about that on the net...yet im still awaiting on emails back from these folks...I asked for a price list...lol...so we shall see...I played dumb  :) It was incredibly easy actually  :-[...lol

Offline matt e

• my site
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2008, 08:56:54 am »
After looking over the site, I found many references to newage ideas, but not put in words that most would associate with nuagers. Most of the classes and activities are nuage practices called by another name.

From their description of the sweat lodge, they apparently have different people leading them at various times. When I get a chance, I think I might contact them to see if I can get names of those people, and find out if any are real native americans as the site leads the reader to believe they are. They also offer a mayan workshop.

They are affiliated with http://gpei.org/ - great plains earth institute- under courses you can enjoy a mayan workshop.
 Some of you may also be interested in this- http://gpei.org/earthday2008/firestories.html
   the section of the page this is on is a link back to grandmas' farm. 
  I think that these people are spiritualists and environmentalists that may be honestly trying to help people, as well as the earth. However, some of the things on both sites makes me wonder...
feel free to share any post I make as long as you give me credit. I want everyone to know who to send the hate mail to.

Offline Tsisqua

« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2008, 06:48:58 pm »
Well....it didnt look THAT bad to me...not like most new age/fake sites....but then they just had to do it...

Money – Although this is not traditional it is a necessary exchange of energy for the society we live in

And then ask $100 per person entering the lodge...kinda knocked me for six!

They may be trying to keep a clean site...keeping prices etc away from the public eye...but dang...people are sure as heck gonna find out when they visit this place....

We DONT charge for ceremony....we DONT charge to go into a Sweatlodge...
and I just find this damn disrespectful...new agers, spiritualists...whatever they are...they are selling ceremony...and its wrong.

Tsissy