Author Topic: Who are these guys??  (Read 5723 times)

Offline Tsisqua

• Native American Unity ~ NAU
Who are these guys??
« on: March 19, 2008, 05:37:07 pm »
Im wondering if anyone knows anything about these two folks? Seems they are both apparently selling ceremony etc

Gray Wolf , hes a Member of the Shoshone Nation, was told that he claims to be a medcine man and teaches ceremonys and sweatlodges .makes quite abit of money, from what i hear, avoids me when he knows i want to talk to him and than theres John Fire Lame Deer Jr he goes to Holland .. also Shosone.

Ive found alot on John Fire Lame Deer SR...is there a thread here on the Jr? I couldnt not locate it.

I also tried to locate this Gray Wolf...I will try to find out more from the woman who posted the above quote.

WIth respect,

Tsissy
There are no leaders in Unity

Offline Tsisqua

Re: Who are these guys??
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2008, 06:44:52 pm »
This is all the woman who posted the first quote can tell me:

just know that he lives on the windriver rez his name is Mike
Garvin ,shoshone /mixed blood im sure ... Graywolf thats all i know

I found this:

Tom Lucas demonstrates how they packed their magnificent wolf-like dogs to carry their belongings, and Mike Garvin demonstrates Shoshone fishing techniques.

From here: http://www.windriverhistory.org/wrhcstore.html

Also a picture etc here: http://www.nativeart.net/aboutus.php

But I have yet to read anything about the sale of ceremony etc...perhaps this man is genuine??

Offline Freija

• I Love YaBB 2!
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2008, 09:07:45 pm »
I know of Michael Greywolf and have also met him. And his followers.

Because he can be threatening and intimidating, especially to women, I¨d just like to say that a Shoshone guy forwarded a warning from the tribal council about Greywolf.

Yes, he sells ceremonies. No, he is not a medicineman.

frederica

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2008, 10:00:53 pm »
And I think Tom Lucus is just known as a western artist. makes replicas, films and other things. From He is from Wyoming.

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2008, 04:54:15 pm »
Lame Deer's son, Archie Lame Deer, was a ceremony seller in Germany. He's passed on, so there's not much point in a thread on him. Generally we avoid going after the deceased, it's just wrong to do. The major exception we have to make is when their followers continue to use their name and promote them as an alleged great leader or healer.

Archie did have kids who were raised in Germany. They'd be young adults by now, but I don't know what they do.

Offline Tsisqua

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2008, 06:04:29 pm »
I agree, I have no intention of disrespecting the passed. I merely posted this as it was asked of me...and since there was little I could find myself, I thought it may help to post here.

With respect,

Tsissy

Offline chiefytiger

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2008, 12:36:14 pm »
Yes I have to agree on the late Archie Fire Lamedeer,But his son John ,does go to Holland and does lectures and ceremonys and has a huge following of his Fathers ,he also has a place on the border of Germany and Holland where theres talk of having a Bronze statue of A ,FireLame Deer , John continues to go there and do ceremonys and theres talk that he has a house that they gave him when he goes there .
CT