Author Topic: Native American Germans??  (Read 10099 times)

Offline Tsisqua

• Native American Unity ~ NAU
Native American Germans??
« on: March 03, 2008, 12:30:39 pm »
Please take a looksee at this site

http://whitewolfe-mynativeheart.blogspot.com/

The 'Native Forum' is

http://www.iphpbb.com/board/fs-42565688nx96607.html

This is a German Site...although the pages are covered in NARF banners, the Longest Walk Pictures etc,  so on and so forth....here's their little piece regarding their forum...

What is the Campfire Forum?
It is a place of peace, we post about native americans,
wolves, animal protection, mother earth, human rights
and other interesting topics
Have you interest? And have you problems
with the registration?
I cannot change the german registration
but I can after the registration
change the board language from german to english,
we have a own english forum, for friends all around the world.
Please write me a short message and
then I make an account for you
and send you the dates and passwords ....
~U-ne-ga-wa-ya~
Please sign in.... My native forum At the moment we have 2606 threads
and 6743 contributions,
Come on, please to announce one's arrival,
have you probs, please send me a mail, I help you

I just love the way they throw in a Cherokee name, surprises me not.

With respect,

Tsisqua
There are no leaders in Unity

Offline Ingeborg

• Friends
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Native American Germans??
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2008, 01:23:03 pm »
Quite a lot of the contents is either in English or you can find English translations beneath the original texts.
I had a look at the blog - scroll down and there's a photo of a Samoyed dog posing as a white wolf. Ahem.

I also looked up the book recommendations in the forum - an awful mix of good literature (e.g. Vine Deloria) and some of the worst on the market, like Dhyani Ywahoo, Xkonoshtletl, Kenneth Meadows, and a German astrologer by the name of Noe who - from a quick look at his stuff - simply rehashes Sun Bear's astrology to make a quick Euro with some 'real genuine ndn astrology' - barf.. Noe presently gets promoted quite nicely, got his own TV show on a private channel, gets published in our Yellow Press etc.

I also think the section with support organizations they recommend may be worth while giving a closer look - one recommendation I saw is Philip Kansa whom we got a thread on already in the Research Needed section.

Offline 53dove

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2008, 01:40:27 pm »
Have to wonder what they would do if a Native person faked being German, I cannot even imagine what that would look like lmbo!!

TRIBALMOONS@yahoo.com

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2008, 08:05:44 pm »
LOL@dove......can ya imagine the "rez" talk being done in german!

Offline Tsisqua

• Native American Unity ~ NAU
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2008, 08:51:41 pm »
Do German people have words for Ennittt and ayyyeeeeeeeeeeeee!???...lol
There are no leaders in Unity

Offline Ingeborg

• Friends
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2008, 09:08:06 pm »
Yup, no prob -

ennit = in formal language 'nicht wahr', but in spoken language it's pronounced like 'nech' with a very long 'e' sound in parts of the North, or an even shorter 'ne'.
In some Southern parts people say 'gell' (pronounce the initial 'g' as in 'go').

The 'ayyyy' is even less of a problem. We say 'ey', e.g. when calling someone, or in sentences like 'got a dollar, eyyyy?', or 'ey, listen'.

In the industrial Rhine area, there's the expression 'boah, ey' which roughly means 'like, wwwowwwww, man'.

:grin:

Offline Freija

• I Love YaBB 2!
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2008, 09:22:22 pm »
Do German people have words for Ennittt and ayyyeeeeeeeeeeeee!???...lol

As a European I think you have to experience the Indian rez version of "ayeeeeeee" before you realize there is nothing like it in the whole, wide world! Ayeeeeee      LOL LOL

(Actually, I have no idea - but we donĀ“t have it in my language...)

Offline Defend the Sacred

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2008, 10:57:19 pm »
Have to wonder what they would do if a Native person faked being German, I cannot even imagine what that would look like lmbo!!

Let's see... "German" Hobbyists. We could get a group on the rez to dress up in Lederhosen and Drindl dresses, paint on Hitler mustaches, dance around singing "Oh Tannenbaum", exclaiming "Gesundheit!" and doing the "inspired" ceremony of the Sacred Weinerschnitzle.

What?

When the Germans get offended by that sort of ignorance and stereotyping, we can say, "Maybe now you have a very slight inkling of how Indians feel when you 'honor' them with your dress-up games."

Oh, and then of course we will say, "But, I know in my HEART that I am German!"

Offline Ingeborg

• Friends
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2008, 11:33:19 pm »
Let's see... "German" Hobbyists. We could get a group on the rez to dress up in Lederhosen and Drindl dresses,
Actually, that won't quite work out. There's numerous accounts of American visitors coming here in Lederhosen, Dirndl dresses, not to forget Tyrolean hats (do they ever spend a thought of *where* Tyrole happens to be geographically...), and in firm belief that, dressed this way, they would mingle into the Grrrman crowds quite perfectly. Oh yeah, definitely --- about as perfect as a sore thumb. So, dressed like that, our ndn Grrrman imitators will only confirm what we thought of Americans anyway.
However, I suggest them to wear old uniforms from 18something, when we still had a Kaiser, complete with these spiked steel helmets. Oh and get fake beards in the style of our Kaiser Bill.

paint on Hitler mustaches, dance around singing "Oh Tannenbaum", exclaiming "Gesundheit!" and doing the "inspired" ceremony of the Sacred Weinerschnitzle.
Singing songs is good! 'Oh Tannenbaum' is nice, and you should know the tune, it's the Maryland anthem. The kids here sing the words a bit differently, and I suggest using these lyrics. I can provide a phonetic transcription for the group. Oh, the translation of the kids' lyrics will be: 'Oh Tannebaum, Santa Claus goes stealing apples' (it rhymes in German).
'Gesundheit' seems to be another word we gave the world. Please, do tell the group not only to use this comment when someone sneezes, but also when someone passes gas. They must be sure to know all the rudest of Grrrrman behaviour. I suggest beans for a staple diet, so the group can pull off this stunt on a regular basis of, say, ten times per hour.

The Wiener Schnitzel - hmmmmm, this is a bit of a problem - it's Austrian, Wien = Vienna.
May I suggest some different rituals? For the North, you can perhaps do the most sacred ritual of 'Gruenkohl' (green cabbage). A definite must is the even more sacreder ritual of 'Eisbein und Sauerkraut' (Eisbein = pig's foot). For visits to the South, I recommend the ritual of the sacred dumplings - I'm from the North, so I believe they were not meant for consumption by humans in the first place, but make excellent ammo in pub brawls. Another one will be the 'Weisswurst' (=White Sausage) ritual, performed in Bavaria. Again, this sausage is not really edible, but don't worry, you don't eat them, but are supposed to suck out its interior. Be sure to apply sweet mustard (yeccchhh).

And please, pretty please - the group will need a - errrm: spirit guide. I could do with a few extra EUROs. I do qualify!!! - ethnically, I'm 25% Grrrman (the rest is a mix of minorities). I promise to take the group to all the most sacred places, like Hofbrauhaus - hey, and I do need a holid--- errrm, I mean, I know the customs of the natives, will be able to translate back and forth all nosy questions and dumb remarks the group can think of. I mean, we want to make sure the natives understand all the comments cracked about 'Hey, I know your Grrrman culture better than you!' Errrm, come to think of that, if you cough up a few coins, I can fly over for special preparational classes so the group will be able to say this sentence in fluent Grrrman.

« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 03:38:27 am by Kathryn »

Offline Defend the Sacred

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2008, 11:41:09 pm »
And please, pretty please - the group will need a - errrm: spirit guide. I could do with a few extra EUROs. I do qualify!!!

The German is here!

Offline NanticokePiney

« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2008, 01:22:58 am »
 I have a friend in Texas who is Absentee Delaware. He is a member of something called the SCA where they dress up in Armour and beat each other up.
 I tried to get him to go to Pine Ridge Powwow in his Armour when the Germans are there all dressed as NDNs. It would be hilarious. I would even loan him one of my stepmom's horses for it.

frederica

« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2008, 04:47:39 am »
The Wiener Schnitzel - hmmmmm, this is a bit of a problem - it's Austrian, Wien = Vienna.
May I suggest some different rituals? For the North, you can perhaps do the most sacred ritual of 'Gruenkohl' (green cabbage). A definite must is the even more sacreder ritual of 'Eisbein und Sauerkraut' (Eisbein = pig's foot). For visits to the South, I recommend the ritual of the sacred dumplings - I'm from the North, so I believe they were not meant for consumption by humans in the first place, but make excellent ammo in pub brawls. Another one will be the 'Weisswurst' (=White Sausage) ritual, performed in Bavaria. Again, this sausage is not really edible, but don't worry, you don't eat them, but are supposed to suck out its interior. Be sure to apply sweet mustard (yeccchhh).

hummmmmmmm, but there is no fry bread.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 03:37:08 am by Kathryn »

Offline dabosijigwokush

« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2008, 05:38:47 am »
if at first they can't destroy you from the out side.
then they try to split you apart.
and cause tension between brothers and sisters
to destroy you from within
this stops your way of life and your even your lanauge
now they cheapen our traditions by doing fake copys and passing it off as real
my queston is as long as we know what is real and what is not what harm can they do to use.
they only cheapen them selfs
by taking on a way of life that is not there own, they have lost they own ways
and in time there own lanauge as well
so in time the  Europeans will have lost more than any native could ever loose
i can just see the future, reservations poping up in europe to contain the (natives) there
o i forgot that that name means consentration camp!
have they forgoten the past so fast.
non conformaty will not be tolarated in any form
and a question to all the clubs ,hobbiest and fakes
would you be willing to die to protect you way of life , let us see that you can declare
independence from your host country, and fight and die to become the natives that you play
as my people have done for 500 years for real

umsonogama
all my relations