Author Topic: The Insider Code?  (Read 8016 times)

Offline Tsisqua

• Native American Unity ~ NAU
The Insider Code?
« on: January 29, 2008, 09:49:58 pm »
Could you guys please take a look at this site...kinda blew me away some, and I would hate for anyone to fall for the garbage posted here.

Here's a quote from the site:

It's fair to say I wasn't born with a silver-spoon in my mouth- on the contrary. I grew up on a Native American reserve (out of necessity) and my mother had to stitch quilts for a living. It was the only way we could've made it. I don't have a fancy degree from Harvard or Yale. I also had no 'inner contacts' or hand-holding of any type. I got my big-break at a young age when I landed a job as a trader for a large hedge-fund.

The site address is; http://www.web-purchases.com/700SFRX/E700J1A4/landing.html?sessionID=aZd-fcTGK

I find this all a little disturbing.

With respect,

Tsisqua
There are no leaders in Unity

Leonard

Re: The Insider Code?
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2008, 10:01:00 pm »
... oh, don't do that - looks like a 'phishing expedition' ...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phishing

http://www.crime-research.org/analytics/500/

Leonard.

ps - and I have been getting a lot of fake e-mail about 'winning' the lottery in the UK or the Netherlands - please do not answer those either !
« Last Edit: January 30, 2008, 04:20:19 am by Leonard »

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2008, 02:54:00 am »
Some of what "Mac X" s promising is basically to teach you how to do insider trading, which is illegal. It seems like this is a felony waiting to be prosecuted, or getting away with not being prosecuted.

The tie to anything NDN is very slim, his claim to be from a reserve, no name, no tribe. Other accounts describe him as being a devout Christian. My guess is that both claims are just cheesy attempts to gain trust.

One account.

-----
http://www.earlytorise.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=4056&view=previous
Ok, I bought the system in spring 07 and have mixed opinions about it.

Below is my evaluation of Mac X, The insider code, and the whistleblower.

When I received the material I went through it all as quickly as possible, 4+ hours, every single day, and have continued at that pace since then. It took me 3 weeks to go through the material one time. I have yet to make a profit. Unfortunately the 30 days are long since up, so I am still trying to make a profit and recover the cost of the course because I can not get a refund.

Mac X is a well intentioned person who really wants to help, but over sold, over promised, and under delivered. His sales letter is approaching false advertising; His kit does have some good information, but does not deliver what is promised at all! He does know trading quite well, and is available in person but there is not reason for him to keep his identity secret, that is pure hype. He means well, but does not deliver. I believe, (or at least hope) the hype hawkers at ETR wrote this ad for him because it is exactly like every other hype filled sales letter they send out. In his material, Mac ends by saying God Bless. For someone who believes in God, and has links to Christian web pages on his site, I expected more integrity and less sales hype. Mac is now advertising a live event to his “insiders??? with more of the same lingo and hype; it seems more and more that he is just in it for the money, not really to help others by delivering what he promised. Below is my experince on what the system does, and does not provide.

Here are a few of Mac’s false promises:
“And remember, 30 days is not only enough time for you to actually test this out... it's enough time to double your money too! I hope you'll see this as an investment in your future, so my aim is to help you get money in YOUR pocket as quickly as possible. There's no reason why you can't double your money within 30 days of receiving your kit and then use it as a perpetual ATM for you and your loved ones.???
“VERY Little Start-Up Capital Needed???
“AND, don't think I'm trading with a fat wad of cash to make my few hundred dollars a day; you could trade at the very same level as me for just a couple of grand! Yes, using my system, that really is all you need to get going and CLEAR an average of $2-300 a day in your pocket???
“30 days is more than sufficient for you to see this is for REAL!???
“I Now 'Work' Just Half an Hour Each Day From Home!
May I Show You How to do the Same????
“In the evening I spend about 20 minutes deciphering the Insider Code. Once I see it, I set up the correct trade to happen AUTOMATICALLY the next day. That's right, you heard correctly- it's all set up to go on autopilot... no frantic staring at flickering screens and being chained to the computer...!???
“This isn't hype.???

The Proof:

Mac has been running a demo trading contest for his inside traders who have supposedly learned his system.
He Posts the results on his web page after each contest.
In every contest, 75% of the people have lost all their money or broke even after a month of trading.
Of the rest, less than 10% have made over a 10% gain in their account in a months time.
Mac never enters his own contest, Why not show us all how good he really is by participating in his own contest so we can see that this really works? He can still let someone else get the prize.

Here is what you do not receive:

1. You do not receive A system that takes less than 30 days to learn, put into practice, and turn a profit from. (The instructional material alone will take you 50-100 hours, MINIMUM, to learn and put into practice, I’ve personally put in over 1000 hours and still am not profitable.)

2. You do not receive A system that takes only 30 min a day.(To be profitable as the sales letter states, you need to monitor your trades through out the day.)

3. You do not receive A system that will pay for itself, or double your money in less than 30 days with only a few thousand to work with. (There is little chance that most novices will be able to master the system, and make enough to pay for it in 30 days. In his own material mac states it will NORMALLY take at least a year to become profitable. He has personally told me it will require much more than a few thousand $ to make the system work at that level. He also stated to me that I will have to take on much more risk than is taught in his system.)

Here is what you do actually receive:

1. Access to Mac via phone (occasionally) and email, but, lately he has hired a staff and it is getting harder and harder to reach him or get personal responses in email.
2. Access to the web page and lots of descent instructional material on forex trading.
3. Very basic and general overviews on what trades to take on his daily videos
4. Detailed Instruction on how to become a full time day trader (several hours a day) after a year or more of learning and trading and at least 10K to start investing with.

To Mac:
If your going to say you believe in God then you represent him, and you need to be above reproach. The way you have conducted you business does not help people see how much God loves them. REPENT, issue and apology for over promising, MAKE RESTITUTION with anyone who feels taken advantage of and, get some integrity. Then only promise what you can deliver as you promote your system.

To ETR:
How about doing a seminar on ethics and integrity in business and advertising, servant leadership, value added products, and true information disclosure….for yourselves? How can you sleep at night?

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2008, 03:00:46 am »
Other accounts. The last one claims to have tracked down the ghostwriter of the whole thing.

-----
http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cache:Ng9MTupcDXUJ:www.scam.com/showthread.php%3Ft%3D27361+mac+x+the+whistleblower+%22insider+code%22&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=4&gl=us

Hi all,

Considering the overwhelming number of posts on Mac X I have been doing some extra detective work that some of you may be interested in…fortunately one facet of retirement that one is in no shortage of, is time.

It seems that the glaring and obvious reality is being missed from PCs end. I have been speaking to some of my colleagues at Deutsche Bank and I’ve discovered some very interesting information after allowing them access into the site to review the videos after giving them the sales letter. Those I highlight in points 2 onward.

1. Mac himself (an alleged 6 year trading veteran) in the last month has made a loss of $25.00 on his recommendations. Not a $6,000 profit.

2. Even the brokers that he has recommended (which by the way are not the brokers he uses) are questionable. Firstly, MBTrading.com is a professional traders platform that doesn’t have any charting facilities which is not at all practical for beginners. The second choice interbankfx.com has been highly criticized by the independent forex broker review site www.forexbastards.com. Anyone reading the majority of those comments would be wary of that broker. And why doesn’t Mac refer his own broker? He won’t say. Again part of the lies and deception I suspect. He should be more concerned about the implications of receiving $600,000 dollars in fees for the course from his 300 members - a course that makes outlandish promises that it cannot fulfil - even for the alleged veteran trader!

3. Nowhere in his course does he discuss leverage. This is a major flaw because all live accounts on retail trading desks automatically assign a gearing of 100:1 to the account. Usually one has to complete a form to have this changed. A novice not understanding this could enter his first trade and wipe out his entire account on just that trade - solely due to the default gearing.

4. My colleagues confirm that they have never seen ANYONE in the last 12 years make 250% per month consistently as claimed. It has be done here and there for a month or two in the year but never month in month out. The best FX traders using retail and wholesale platforms are consistently making aroound 90%-130%p.a. but not using the strategies that are outlined in the course. These people use very sophisticated black box automated trading systems. They said that the course was nothing more than a break-out trading strategy which anyone can learn FOR FREE all over the internet. A highly regarded free course is offered on www.babypips.com and covers most of the concepts Mac covers plus many that he doesn't. Many paid courses are independently rated on the review site mentioned earlier. www.fxbootcamp.com had perhaps the best reviews.

5. The language used by Mac is not reflective of a professional trading desk trader in the FX markets but perhaps a commodities trader. When he says that “the big banks make  his way by sifoning small amounts daily from the  mountain??? he is not telling the truth at all. Major banks, like Deutsche take very large positions and hold them for long periods. And most do not rely on technical indicators, but momentum and economic fundamental indicators like news releases. Most trade the news. Mac doesn't.

6. The responses to my questions (which I showed them) they confirmed merely displayed an incredibly evasive con man who wouldn’t admit (even when provided actual quotes from his sales letter) that he had straight out lied and deceived his members.

7. I expect the reason for the 30 day guarantee is that by the time you work out the , ETR (who he admits wrote the letter not him) have taken our . I would suggest a demand of a refund on the basis of deception no matter how long after the transaction. And if you get a refusal seek legal advice. I am retired now, however if anyone wants good representation please write to me personally and I will point you in the right direction.

8. This course is not new. It was created in 2006. Some members have been using it for many months. The reason there are no testimonials is because the system hasn’t delivered results sufficient for anyone to feel confident about trading it. ???

9. When Mac responded to the results questions (question 5) that PC posted, Mac replied saying:

The above are good questions, but, again, not all apply. I'm not teaching a "canned" method, rather I'm teaching how to approach the market from a practical trading perspective. While there isn't any special data needed, traders will learn tried and true tactics that have stood the test of time and are reliable 'edges' to aid in gauging the likely direction of the market.

Candidly, I don't provide statements because I'm not giving investment advise. Plus past results are not any indication of future performance.

Don’t you think he should have told us this in the sales pitch and not after purchasing – that’s for those of us who have caught on. What about those poor souls who don’t have a clue? If he can’t tell us after purchasing it then he shouldn’t have made claims about a code, having your own atm machine and making $300 per day in a hyped up sales pitch. It’s a lie. A . ETR has a lot to answer for here!

In service to you all,

Sir Hillary

I've been away for some time, however I received notification about a post that spoke about demo trading. If anyone believes that demo trading is *ANY* reflection on live trading then you are going to be very seriously disillusioned. Demo trading presumes unlimited liquidity. It also presumes that the spread will remain at 2-3 pips. In reality and in live trading this is not the case. Spreads can blow out to 20-30 pips and when you try placing your order or closing out your order (especially during news releases) you will not be filled and your stop loss will often be overiden by as much as 50 pips. The market simply will not accept your order to close out the trade. That means that you can have a 20 pip stop loss and the market will just steamroll your stop and leave you with a 30 pip loss. Live trading bears NO RESEMBLANCE WHATSOEVER to demo trading. Those talking about demo results might are in for a very rude awakening when it comes to live trading. For more reality feedback checkout... www.forexbastards.com

Again I offer you all to request from Patrick Coffee scanned copies of Mac Xs last 3 years of trading results and do what the top internet marketers do when they sell expensive programs - PROVE IT BY SHOWING COPIES OF THEIR FINANCIAL STATEMENTS. You may think that these can be falsified and self-created however no-one will want to expose themselves to a fraud charge in order to make a quick buck. A few years in jail simply isn't worth it. Mac X could prove his hyped up copy by providing one scanned copy of his results. If he is truly the "real deal" then he should only be very proud to demonstrate that such is the case. And demo accounts are not proof. The results of demo accounts are worthless. Only real  in the bank is proof.

In service to all,

Sir Hillary

------
wolfdog99 
Junior Member   Join Date: Oct 2007

Re: THE INSIDER CODE? - The Writer

I attended the ETR 2007 Bootcamp and was slimed by several of these characters.

The copywriter of "The Insider Code" is a guy from the U.K. living in Orlando, Florida by the name of James Sheridan.

During his talk he told the story of how he wrote the sales letter for "The Insider Code" WHILE HE WAS IN THE U.K. Nobody in the UK would "apply it" to any of their products because it was too aggressive. So he came to the  IN SEARCH OF A PRODUCT to use it with. And he found the dirt bag associated with the sharks at Agora and they made a deal. This information is on the tapes and DVD's of the ETR Bootcamp 2007 in Delray Beach. He admits it and seems proud of it. He lies. And AGORA lies.

Power Point Slide 18:

Bottom line - The product is incidental; its the slant you give a product that matters (the offer)

STOP SELLING PRODUCT AND START SELLING CONCEPT.

The entire story of "The Insider Code" is a  and a fraud and if you purchased it because of that story you should do a chargeback on your credit card.

Stay away from the sharks at AGORA. To them you are just another "back end" sale. And if given a chance they will give it to you in the back end

wolfdog