Author Topic: David Lonebear Sanipass & Star Teachings Society  (Read 6639 times)

Epiphany

Re: David Lonebear Sanipass & Star Teachings Society
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2015, 09:52:16 pm »
My name is David Lonebear L. Sanipass. I am from the Mi’kmaq Nation. I have been traveling the spiritual world for 54 years. I ask for nothing for the stories I tell and some of the other things I do. I am a basketmaker and my family and father, Donald Joseph Sanipass are basketmakers from Northern Maine. They have raised me traditionally to respect Mother Earth, the Creator and everything in between. In our heritage there is a tradition to teach and to help. In this community some of this is not present. I was very much disturbed to hear that kindness did not come first. And I could not sit on the side and watch this and the best way to DO this is not to talk, but to DO.
This is my heritage to pass this on to any culture, any spiritual practice. I think it is very important to the human race that we should go back to the beginning and become of the earth again. Simple Teachings. People make it complicated.
My aspiration is at least to talk to one another and have a cup of tea and enjoy the moment without any prejudice. That’s all. These are my words.
David Lonebear L. Sanipass
February 18, 2013

https://pinvents.com/event/369727243128281/lonebear-speaks-first-star-to-the-right-all-the-w

Epiphany

Re: David Lonebear Sanipass & Star Teachings Society
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2015, 10:12:53 pm »
We are very honored to have David Sanipass, elder, teacher, story teller, and sharer of the Star Teachings join us in Boston for Tea. This is not to be missed! This is a very special gift... free and open to all.

Please bring your own mug... hot water & tea provided.
About TEA: Tea (time, earth, air) is a gathering. We participate in circle and enjoy an energy that we create by being together. Tea is a place for spiritual friendship without judgement. Tea grounds us in the Star Teachings. Star Teachings are ancient teachings that describe the inherent functioning of the universe. Star Teachings are deeply rooted in kindness & compassion.

During tea we gather in a circle, beginning with a "ring in" using a singing bowl or other unifying sound for a meditative moment. This is followed by an optional sharing of names and any thoughts or understandings of the moment, and continues with a conversation or a sharing from a guest speaker. Each tea is grounded in the Star Teachings and rooted in active compassionate kindness.

https://www.facebook.com/events/1542833985975268/?ref_newsfeed_story_type=regular

I wonder if these are benign New Age events that truly do intend to spread kindness and compassion, or if they lead to a personality cult. Maybe some folks who have been to these events can tell us their experiences.