Author Topic: More on CKY  (Read 25652 times)

frederica

Re: More on CKY
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2007, 02:35:44 am »
Wonder if he really ever left Burnside. Letters to editor, too much history here. frederica

weheli

« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2007, 06:42:45 am »
 For those who will be coming here from Burnside to read about Edwards, here is the other thread link on this site concerning him and theCKY;

http://newagefraud.org/smf/index.php?topic=486.0

I have emailed the editor of the article bmardisl@somerset-kentucky.com
It did bounce back, so have tried another ave. I also checked out all the non-profit organizations in KY and am unable at this time to find Edwards Cherokees of Kentucky Chicamauga, perhaps going under another name?

Weheli

frederica

« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2007, 03:24:53 pm »
Yes, the email to Mardis bounced. States due to a fatal error. I just wrote the Editor instead. frederica

weheli

« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2007, 11:10:52 pm »
I have been following the message board for the commonweath Journal;

http://community.cnhi.com/eve/forums/a/cfrm/f/83210801   Click on local issues and scroll to Native fraud.

Many have posted on the forum as to the Article.
                                                                         Weheli

weheli

« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2007, 03:36:02 am »
 Interesting post on he CJ forum today. Since it now has been deleted for some reason I will try to get what it said right.
"Since there has been such a hornets nest stirred up about the native article , here go look at this site.
http://kcnaac.brownrice.com/index.php
http://kcnaac.brownrice.com/donate.php
http://kcnaac.brownrice.com/talkback/guestbook.php

I have it set up to receive all replys to the feedback on the CJ forum but did not receive this posting.

Anyone know about this group who has been tring to get this off the ground for a few years now. It sounds great but I have a feeling Edwards is somehow envolved. Will have to do further checking.
                                                                            Weheli

Offline lostcherokee

« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2007, 01:43:16 pm »
Myself i would stay away from them but thats me.
A few names i know Bruce brading what i know of him he is somewhat ok but still questionable
Tom Jones and Marty Martin one is just as bad as the other they are both power hungary and out for  each other.For a while they have been sending out e-mail about each other saying how bad the other is.
most of the ones listed as members are part of they unity council or where .
Tom's wife Martha tries to control how and where pow wows are in to  state the one they in carroltin use to be in london but it wasnt making enough money for martha

They did or still do help run a bingo in corbin and has been reperted for taking money from it.

Here is a link to Marty Martins website
www.cherokeetribeofkentucky.org
And i have heard nothing at all good about  him but i will save for another time

As for Jerry Ewards dont know anything about him but i very much doubt he is part of the kcnaac they are all to power hungary  and alot of the members are family

Lost Cherokee
« Last Edit: May 01, 2007, 01:46:22 pm by lostcherokee »

weheli

« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2007, 02:36:29 am »
 I have not heard back from the publisher of the CJ. I did email KCNAAC, "black bear" as to Possible involment of Edwards with thier group. It appears someone,I can only guess who ;),   posted the post on the museum on the CJ forum as being a project of Edwards, as he stated in his interview about building a museum ,and apparently took credit for for this KCNAAC as being all his project.

Here is the reply from Black Bear:
don't know edwards, miss ****, or anything about this "other" Center.

Our mission is to educate all peoples about the Native American history and presence in
the Commonwealth and region.

black bear

Also here are other links for KCNAAC:
http://www.anthrosource.net/doi/abs/10.1525/csas.2005.40.2.9

http://kcnaac.brownrice.com/index.php

http://kcnaac.brownrice.com/talkback/guestbook.php

I will reserve my opinion as to the KCNAAC for now.
                                                                       Weheli

Offline lostcherokee

« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2007, 03:58:08 am »
on my last post i said bruce brading is ok but some what questionable 
well i take it back he is just as bad as the rest of them

Offline lostcherokee

« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2007, 12:35:16 am »
Interesting page on Bruce Brading

http://theruraldemocrat.typepad.com/the_rural_democrat/2007/03/index.html

Fletcher draws criticism from Native Americans

I was contacted last night by a dear Native American friend of mine from Oklahoma. He is planning on moving to Kentucky this summer but he is rethinking his move because of appointments made by Governor Fletcher in regards to a little known state commission called the Kentucky Native American Heritage Commission. The only official link is here.

Apparently Fletcher was tricked into making some new appointments to this commission. Fletcher also left off some names that has apparently pissed some people off. Some of the prominent names on this commission is Former First Lady of Kentucky Judy Patton, Rep. Reggie Meeks (D) Louisville and Dr.David Pollack Director of the Kentucky Heritage Council. A Native American Blog called the Kentucky Native American Politics claims the new chairperson Bruce Brading is a shady character that may be in some big trouble. Fletcher sure looks like he may have screwed up big this time.

This story could blow up in Fletcher's face if the allegations made by the Native American Blog is true. Fletcher is apparently making some more appointments to boards and commission over the next month. I guess that's what they call 11th hour and mid-night appointments. He is apparently so desperate for votes he is willing to turn the screws on Native Americans in Kentucky for votes. I hope this does blow up into a big deal and I will laugh my ass off when Fletcher tries to explain his way out of it. I am starting to believe Fletcher just can not do anything right.

I will follow this story for a while and see what happens.

From the Kentucky Native American Politics

New Heritage Commission Chair involved in alleged illegal activity

In a widely circulated E-mail Mr. Brading and others (presumably Marty Martin as COWUC president)were alleged to have been involved in highly illegal activity that goes directly against all Federal, State, and Local Laws. It also violates the sacred trust we have with our ancestors. If this is even partially true then it is time to make your voices heard at the state capital!

The e-mail reads in part
"Bruce and his group are currently receiving human remains from folks throughout the state, transporting these remains, and reburying them. All of these activities are in violation of current Kentucky statutes. One of my concerns is that while many of these remains may have been found at prehistoric archaeological sites other may have been found at historic cemeteries and still others may be recent murder victims. A good way to get ride of the remains of someone you killed years ago would be to contact Bruce, and tell him that you found them at an archaeological site. He would then take the remains and rebury them somewhere else.

I want to assure you and others that neither I nor anyone else at the Heritage Council would have ever designated COWUC as the sole representatives of the native american community in Kentucky.

David Pollack
Kentucky Heritage Council Site Protection and
Archaeology Program Administrator, and
Director, Kentucky Archaeological Survey"

Offline cherokeesissy

« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2007, 03:58:47 pm »
This email was sent to me on the 24th of June, 2007.
Dear Ann
I am unsure if you will receive this email. If you do, I have a legal document that may help prove some of the tactics Jerry Edwards and his lawyer have tried to use on me, only because I told him to get my photo off his web site. The letter I received from his lawyer in first reading it I did not believe that it was even written by an attorney. It goes beyond unethical. If you are interested in seeing this document, please let me know. -Robin-

This was sent to me on the 27th of June, 2007.

PS. Ann. (Cut out this portion-Modified) You can email her to verify who I am
Ann Lamberth(Modified) wrote:

Lawson (Modified) wrote:
Dear Ann
I am unsure if you will receive this email. If you do, I have a legal document that may help prove some of the tactics Jerry Edwards and his lawyer have tried to use on me, only because I told him to get my photo off his web site. The letter I received from his lawyer in first reading it I did not believe that it was even written by an attorney. It goes beyond unethical. If you are interested in seeing this document, please let me know. -Robin-

I had sent this to her in reply to the first email she sent.
Hey Robin. Forgive me for asking this, since I've come across quite a few weirdos, replying to this. Who are you and how did you hear of this? Could you send some more info. This does sound interesting, what you've told me. It's just that when it comes to Edwards there are some online that are doing things on his behalf. I'm sure you understand. Thanks, Ann.

This one came after.

Hi Ann
I am glad that I had sent this to the right e mail address. You can email Wehili over at Nafps and she can verify who I am.
However Al and I are not what you call on friendly terms. I am a former member of the Nafps and had went into Edwards group to get information on him.   The letter I received from Edwards lawyer was statements given to him by Edwards, his wife Laura and a woman that went by the name Starr.
I had seen your letter that Al posted on his forum some time back.
If you go to my multiply under frybreadmama you can see my picture and who I am. I am also a friend of Bear Warrior. which I saw that you are also on my yahoo 360.
I can understand your wariness. Since Al and I had a personal disagreement he has gone on some sites and has posted some nasty stuff about me that are untrue. So I use caution of people I talk to.
Regardless I do think this letter from the attorney will show you the tactics that Edwards uses, his lawyer should be disbarred for unethical practices, using bullying and intimidation tactics.
If you need to check out who I am and if you are comfortable enough let me know and I will scan the letter and send it to you.   When you read it  you will see I am not a part of Edwards group, quiet the opposite.
P.S. I am still trying to find out who this Starr woman is. I would appreciate any information you are willing to share.                                                      Thanks
« Last Edit: July 16, 2007, 03:49:53 pm by cherokeesissy »

Offline cherokeesissy

« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2007, 04:05:52 pm »
You know, I have to admit, that I was going on what he had to show me. Seems he is very good with the computer. My apologies to everyone for my lack of further investigating his guy.

<snip...quoting Ann McKritik>
Charlie Lame Deer and James Plenty Stars are no longer associated with Jerry Edwards in any form. Charlie Lame Deer, in fact, has a state recognized group of Lakotas out of Alabama.

Just FYI...there is not a "state recognized group of Lakotas" in Alabama.  (Source: http://aiac.state.al.us/Tribes,%20Chiefs%20&%20Commissioners.htm)

They sound dangerous, to state the obvious.  If they are seeking recognition in Alabama, it might be a good idea to make sure this information also gets to the tribes recognized in Alabama and to their representatives on the IAC before UFCN petitions.  It is certainly not in the existing tribes' interest to have a dangerous cultist state-recognized, and I think they would likely have the sense to fight recognition for this group.

frederica

« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2007, 03:44:41 pm »
That is why they are so good at what they do. They are not exactly what I would call Bastions of truth. They tell you only what they want you to know or what they think you want to hear. I knew the people that caused him to change his group's name the first time. They did a good job, but he (Jerry Edwards) just changed the name of the group. And that is what many of these people do. Disappear for a while then come back under a new name. People have to make their own choices. All you can do is give available information for them to make their choice. Plus, you have to remember you are dealing with invested interest. These people are probably making a living off of this stuff. The less followers they have the less income. frederica

Offline cherokeesissy

« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2007, 04:05:17 pm »
I went in and modified my last post on what was sent to me. I took out the email addresses. A friend of mine notified me of this woman receiving some, not-so-nice emails. I'm starting to get the same. I know that there's something going on that doesn't feel right. I was under the impression that, by my posting these, it would help in trying to put this crap with Edwards to an end. I know that in reality, there's no stopping all of the frauds. Seems that this is being one of those "come back to haunt me" things. Now, I'm receiving more and more information about him, people who have dealt with him and so on. I'm wasn't out to get him, I was out to stop him. We all know what kind of man this is. I know that he won't come near me. I've come at him with everything I've got. Including the fact that the Carmack family are not "Cherokees". I think I've already stated, somewhere, that the Carmack's are my relations, they were Scottish and any "Indian" blood came from marriage. He's a know it all or nothing jacka** that will do anything he can to get what he wants. Seems like he's pretty miserable now. Good for him! Where he belongs is behind bars. Hey, maybe even his co-pilots, too. Just as long as they leave me and my family alone then I won't have to smack him in the face with reality. I'm just tired of all this people. I'm going to do what to keep him exposed.  I also think that I will have to just stick to checking folks out and warning others. Seems it may be best for everyone all around.

frederica

« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2007, 06:25:34 pm »
He closed down for the 2nd or 3rd time some time in July last year. But has reappeared in Burnside in the last few months. There was an article in a local newspaper that he was recruiting again, and many letters were sent to the editor of the paper about him. There has always been questions in the past of guns and drugs, and questions as to whether he is Bipolar, off medication. That information was reported by one or two people. Recently I believe the local police were made aware of the situtation. I think it was a small group, but had or has the potential of being rather dangerous. http://newagefraud.org/smf/index.php?topic=486.0     frederica