Author Topic: Who is Wananeeche or Wa-na-nee-che of the U.K.  (Read 43757 times)

Offline earthw7

• Standing Rock Tourism
Re: Who is Wananeeche or Wa-na-nee-che of the U.K.
« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2011, 09:10:58 pm »
Hi as you know my husband is from Tutrle Mountain and i do the tribal genealogy for my people
and the Turtle Mountain Chippewa, I would have to know what is the name of the Lakota
family he is suppose to claim? If i have a name for this lakota family i can run a check to
see if which band they come from, at this point the Renault from Turtle Mountain are mixed blood
of French and Cree and no medicine people in that family they are catholic.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 09:15:25 pm by earthw7 »
In Spirit

Offline earthw7

• Standing Rock Tourism
« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2011, 09:26:33 pm »
Wa-Na-Nee-Che (in the language of the Lakota, this means „He who is needed by people“) ::) ::)

Read more: http://www.newagefraud.org/smf/index.php?topic=748.0#ixzz1NUmeUALU

Ok so Wananeeche- is misspelled we have no words as this

but this is the closes we can come
Real Spelling-"Wanan-Eeye-cha" means "thinks now"

Tell Dennis i live on North Dakota and he may be clear across the ocean but
we are watch the bad things he is doing.

In Spirit

Offline earthw7

• Standing Rock Tourism
« Reply #32 on: May 28, 2011, 02:26:11 am »
My husband knows Dennis and said that his family did marry into
a Yankton family, so Dennis is Chippewa/Metis/French and Yankton
Drapeau are Yankton which is who his mother family married into.
He is Native but come from a medicine people unsure of that fact,
he would have to give us the names of the people to check that fact
out.

In Spirit

Offline hauntedfox

« Reply #33 on: May 29, 2011, 06:46:57 am »
Well that at least fits with what he says and what he has written in his books, particularly about the catholic half of his family.

Offline earthw7

• Standing Rock Tourism
« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2011, 08:40:43 pm »
So that means he is not Lakota but Nakota descendant
still checking to find these medicine people in his family,
My husband went to school with him i showed him the post
and we had a good laugh.
Turtle mountain is mostly all Catholic comes from the French fur trader they are from
In Spirit

Offline dwilliams

« Reply #35 on: March 09, 2013, 02:27:38 pm »
Well I heard of this guy through a friend who attends his lodges and went along myself to see.

My impression is that he is not in it to make money. He let's my friend, who is on benefits, go for free and he oly charged £20 for the lodge itself. Considering the building of the lodge and the time etc, that's excellent value I reckon.

From what I can make out he lives in USA on a reservation and comes to UK twice a year to spread the word. He is a very nice chap with many wise words. He doesnt promise great visions or anything like that but more urges you to open your heart to find your way intuitively. He has a sense of humour and is quite a gentle soul it appears to me.

Cheesy Little Life

« Reply #36 on: March 09, 2013, 04:49:29 pm »
My impression is that he is not in it to make money. He let's my friend, who is on benefits, go for free and he oly charged £20 for the lodge itself. Considering the building of the lodge and the time etc, that's excellent value I reckon.

[my emphasis]

Clueless.

« Reply #37 on: March 09, 2013, 05:42:10 pm »
Spread the word?  ???
press the little black on silver arrow Music, 1) Bob Pietkivitch Buddha Feet http://www.4shared.com/file/114179563/3697e436/BuddhaFeet.html

Offline debbieredbear

• Global Moderator
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #38 on: March 09, 2013, 06:27:17 pm »
um, dwilliams, Native religions do not seek new recruits, do not proselytize to "spread the word" and do not CHARGE even if YOU think it is a good value.

Offline Superdog

« Reply #39 on: March 10, 2013, 05:22:32 pm »
he oly charged £20 for the lodge itself. Considering the building of the lodge and the time etc, that's excellent value I reckon.

From what I can make out he lives in USA on a reservation and comes to UK twice a year to spread the word. He is a very nice chap with many wise words. He doesnt promise great visions or anything like that but more urges you to open your heart to find your way intuitively. He has a sense of humour and is quite a gentle soul it appears to me.

Just responding to a few of the things here.  The first bold has already been brought to your attention.  There shouldn't be a charge period....that's a serious red flag.  The second....isn't true.  Maybe in your encounter he didn't promise a great vision...but....one of the things he does say himself is that he will teach you a ceremony that will produce a vision in 4-11 days in your sleep (read back in the thread).  Those words are his own....straight out of his mouth.  As far as his "wisdom" is concerned.  Not everyone who attends his workshops feels that way....here's a discussion from some folks who've attended his workshops:

http://www.healthypages.co.uk/forum/shamanism/26174-wa-na-nee-che-cd.html

Some of the highlights include descriptions of being unresponsive to e-mails, "uninspiring", " wasn't impeccable and probably on some guru trip", and someone who attended and got sick for days following his workshop.  The sweat lodges (he calls them mother earth lodges) have been described on his own site and by an attendee (who thought they were defending him) as being covered in plastic tarp (a very dangerous and potentially lethal practice).

He makes up a lot of stuff in his credentials.  (He didn't really begin the FIRST "Indian Studies" courses in the US....etc)
His real name is Dennis Renault (not his pen name Wananeechee).

Here's a blog post with some pictures advertising one his workshops....in the pics he's wearing an imitation plains warbonnet with trails (those are white turkey feathers painted with black tips).  You'll notice in the text that he was jumping on the whole 2012 bandwagon.....

http://wnhf.wordpress.com/2012/07/31/a-talk-with-wa-na-nee-che/

You tell me....how much "value" did you really get?

Superdog
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 05:25:22 pm by Superdog »