General > Frauds

Phil Landis & Nemenhah Band, an Oklehueva or ONAC chapter

<< < (6/10) > >>

sunka nunpa:

--- Quote from: matt e on May 14, 2009, 10:10:57 am ---I have heard of alternative healing methods working on certain types of cancer, however these methods (including diet changes) in 99% of the cases i personaly have read about over the years were used AFTER other methods had failed, or were used immediately upon diagnosis, administered by liscened proffessionals, and only affected certain types of cancer.

--- End quote ---
And have a low cure rate. Insulin resistance is pretty much the only "diet and cancer" thing I genuinely believe in; unfortunately, most of the health foods you see on the market, especially the juices and fortified cereals, are just as bad as the junk food that doesn't pretend to be anything else.

Still, produce seems to prevent cancer. But not send it into remission all on its own.

littlefeatherspiri:
 I can't find what I'm looking for on the net but I can find what I'm not...lol

http://www.nemenhah.org/index.html

"Membership is only by Spiritual Adoption. It is also the only way the Nemenhah Seminary can accept you into the program and designate you a Medicine Man or Medicine Woman. As a Nemenhah Medicine Man or Woman you will be able to practice your Healing Ministry under the full weight and protection of the Native American Free Exercise of Religion Act 1993 (NAFERA) and the Religious Freedom Restoration Act 1993 (RFRA)."

"If you have already been spiritually adopted and you already made your initial $250.00 offering, please remember to support the program by making additional offerings for the Course Modules on a regular basis. All offerings are strictly voluntary and non-refundable."

wolfhawaii:
Gahhhhh! This stuff gives me a FITT!

educatedindian:
Oh hell. Looks like "Cloudpiler" Landis has been driven out of Minneapolis and relocated to Missouri. All the bad publicity from nearly causing that kid's death, no doubt.

I think the local Missouri media need to be contacted before he does any more harm.

Defend the Sacred:
Have there been any updates on that kid and his family?

ETA: Looks like the kid is doing pretty well:

http://minnesota.publicradio.org/display/web/2009/09/04/daniel-hauser-done-with-chemo/

--- Quote ---Minneapolis — A cancer-stricken Minnesota teenager who once fled the state with his mother to avoid chemotherapy has finished the treatments he so despised and likely will begin radiation in October.

Daniel Hauser, 13, went through his final chemotherapy treatment Thursday at Children's Hospitals and Clinics of Minnesota in Minneapolis, his family said.
--- End quote ---

This is the only mention of anything "American Indian":

--- Quote ---He and his family opted instead for alternative treatments inspired by American Indian traditions. The issue ended up in court because doctors say Daniel's type of cancer is highly curable with chemotherapy.
--- End quote ---

No mention of Landis or Nemenhah. That's a problem. What almost killed this kid had nothing to do with American Indian traditions. It was about a con man preying on desperate people. The only connection to anything Indian is that there's still enough ignorance about Indians and Indian traditions that he was able to use the mystique of the "exotic" to con a dying child.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version