Author Topic: Re: Kiesha Crowther - "Little Grandmother"  (Read 1148978 times)

TRIBALMOONS@yahoo.com

Re: Re: Kiesha Crowther - "Little Grandmother"
« Reply #360 on: December 19, 2010, 02:44:33 pm »
Friend sent this to me.......

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QpC-9S1Bplk?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QpC-9S1Bplk?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

SAMy

« Reply #361 on: December 19, 2010, 02:49:27 pm »
Where's the listing of events for her?
http://littlegrandmother.net/SantaFeEvents.aspx

If you go here http://www.santafecsl.org/calendar.html there is a 'firm booking' on each day of the workshop for LG site.

« Reply #362 on: December 19, 2010, 06:27:23 pm »
I received a message from someone in my FB mail. They said thanks for telling the truth about the lies KC was telling. I thought I'd share this here, so you all can know that the effort is reaching some, and some are thankful for it. Of course, I'm not sure if this person already knew.. but I'm suspecting not regarding the other comments in the mail.

:)
press the little black on silver arrow Music, 1) Bob Pietkivitch Buddha Feet http://www.4shared.com/file/114179563/3697e436/BuddhaFeet.html

Offline Peasant

« Reply #363 on: December 19, 2010, 07:49:01 pm »
One other thing that came to mind:

http://www.vimeo.com/16830337

@1:24 "Do you know now that we use less than a third of our brains, very soon we will be gifted all of that"

Not true. Every cell in our brains has a purpose. About 10% of our brains is active at any given time, but the focus is constantly shifting. If we'd use all of our brains, we'd be in a constant state of epilepsy. It's something i wouldn't want anyone to endure...

Offline Freija

• I Love YaBB 2!
« Reply #364 on: December 19, 2010, 08:08:55 pm »
Not true. Every cell in our brains has a purpose. About 10% of our brains is active at any given time, but the focus is constantly shifting. If we'd use all of our brains, we'd be in a constant state of epilepsy. It's something i wouldn't want anyone to endure...

Actually, that made me react, too.
The fact that we only use a third of our brain is something that was quite often stated about 20 years ago - making people excited about what could be taking place in the rest of the brain. Since then we know better, just like you say. Seems that Kiesha hasn´t caught up on recent research.

Offline Smart Mule

• Administrator
« Reply #365 on: December 19, 2010, 08:42:17 pm »
On the tribe of many colors website they are soliciting donations. We need to contact the IRS en mass. Also, they need to be allerted to the enourmous amount of funds she is bringing in. Her personal website lists her current address as NM (in the faq section where you can send her presents), she also has a physical address in CO. Neither state has Kiesha Crowther, Little Grandmother or Tribe of Many Colors listed as a business entity. For the state of colorado please contact the secretary of state, her residence is listed as Sanford Colorado. For NM also contact the secretary of state, address is listed as
Kiesha Crowther
c/o Santa Fe Soul Health and Healing Center
2905 Rodeo Park Drive East
Santa Fe, NM 87505-6313
She could be funnelling donations under the umbrella of the above organization but I havent been able to find anything pointing to that.

SAMy

« Reply #366 on: December 19, 2010, 09:23:40 pm »
I'm on the phone with a member of the CSKT Culture and Elders Committee.  The Culture and Elders Committee protect the intangible cultural resources of the tribes including language, songs, stories etc.  The tribal Elder I am speaking with states she nor any other Elder or elder have met with nor do they condone the claims and actions made by Kiesha Crowther.  She is not their 'shaman', she has no right to claim this title and the Elders and elders of CSKT of the Flathead Reservation would like her to cease and desist immediately from making such false claims that erode the traditions that members of the CSKT Culture and Elders Committee are trying to preserve.  
Can we get the name of the person who made the statement and/or on tribal letterhead ?

Offline Smart Mule

• Administrator
« Reply #367 on: December 19, 2010, 09:24:33 pm »
Colorado SOS -

Suite 200
Department of State
1700 Broadway, Denver, CO 80290
303-894-2200 & press 2
303-869-4864 (FAX)
business@sos.state.co.us

New Mexico SOS -

New Mexico State Capitol
325 Don Gaspar, Suite 300, Santa Fe, NM 87503
505.827.3600 or 800.477.3632
MaryE.Herrera@state.nm.us

From the IRS website -

If you suspect or know of an individual or company that is not complying with the tax laws, you may report this activity by completing Form 3949-A. You may fill out Form 3949-A online, print it and mail it to:

Internal Revenue Service
Fresno..., CA 93888

You may use Form 13909, Tax-Exempt Organization Complaint (Referral) Form, to report an abusive transaction involving an exempt organization. To send a written complaint by mail, send to the following address:

IRS
EO Classification
MC 4910DAL
1100 Commerce Street
Dallas, TX 75242

In addition, the IRS Office of Tax Shelter Analysis maintains a hotline that can be used to provide information about abusive tax shelters.

Offline Smart Mule

• Administrator
« Reply #368 on: December 19, 2010, 09:26:03 pm »
I'll call to get permission tomorrow and request a hardcopy on letterhead.

SAMy

« Reply #369 on: December 19, 2010, 09:54:33 pm »
Hey, SAMy vids are going turtle while we make some changes.  We finally got LGs attention.

Offline Spandex~Atom

« Reply #370 on: December 19, 2010, 10:43:08 pm »
One other thing that came to mind:

http://www.vimeo.com/16830337

@1:24 "Do you know now that we use less than a third of our brains, very soon we will be gifted all of that"

This struck me as just one more inaccuracy also, and it sounds like she is just picking a fraction 'out of the hat'.

Looking on the internet I came accross this: http://brain101.info/
"The new “Brain Theory” views the human brain as a “highly organized system”, similar to respiratory and digestive systems, that consists of 33 microbrains."

I think it's fair to say that nobody really knows how the brain works, or how much 'potential' it uses, but that we have only learned to realise just a small fraction of our possible potential. LESS than 1/3 lol.

People who go to Kiesha's talks are fed with such a slew of information on a variety of topics that they probably come out of the talks with all sorts of badly researched information jumbled up in their heads which they would have been better off doing a search for on the internet.

One of the traits of these nuage speakers is their ability to shift through a seemingly endless ammount of 'facts', so that anyone debunking them would have to write what would ammount to a dissertation which hardly anyone would read.  They probably use what is called a 'memory castle' which is a technique to help remember the information you want to call upon, and is used alot by public speakers. Unfortunately Kiesha's memory castle if she has one has been filled with alot of junk, and people are paying to hear what's there/ Then there's the love and light message of course, which makes all that ok? It's amazing , the response of people that it's her message of love that matters, and we just have to raise our vibrations. Using an analogy, what is better to eat, good food which is clean or good food where you have to pick out alot of garbage?

Important, please read:

Official Statement from Salish Elders Regarding Kiesha Crowther
(click on link above this quote box to read in full) 

« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 01:24:40 am by Spandex~Atom »

Offline Twinkie_Slayer

« Reply #371 on: December 19, 2010, 10:55:50 pm »
The professional fundamentalist Young Earth Creationists use the same rapidfire shift from topic to topic to create overload and make a point by point refutation almost impossible. It's known as the "Gish Gallop".

Offline Freija

• I Love YaBB 2!
« Reply #372 on: December 19, 2010, 11:08:52 pm »
We finally got LGs attention.

:o ??? :D
*curious*

Offline Smart Mule

• Administrator
« Reply #373 on: December 19, 2010, 11:30:17 pm »
From youtube:

Little Grandmother
Dear YouTube user,

It would be well if you voluntarily removed your video about Little Grandmother: "Tribal Statement on Kiesha Crowther aka 'Little Grandmother'"

Of course, if you prefer to document exactly whose words you are quoting, we will check the reference and verify their accuracy.

I am in touch with the owner of the video you used to make sure you secured his permission in advance because we already know you did not have Kiesha's permission to use the video clip.

This is a request and hopefully you'll agree it's better for you and us to simply remove the piece. If not, we'll need to talk about copyright and other legal issues.

Thanks in advance.

Dear Jennifer, Handler of the Great and Powerful Mini Nana -

The 1961 Report of the Register of Copyrights on the General Revision of the U.S. Copyright Law cites examples of activities that courts have regarded as fair use: “quotation of excerpts in a review or criticism for purposes of illustration or comment; quotation of short passages in a scholarly or technical work, for illustration or clarification of the author’s observations; use in a parody of some of the content of the work parodied; summary of an address or article, with brief quotations, in a news report; reproduction by a library of a portion of a work to replace part of a damaged copy; reproduction by a teacher or student of a small part of a work to illustrate a lesson; reproduction of a work in legislative or judicial proceedings or reports; incidental and fortuitous reproduction, in a newsreel or broadcast, of a work located in the scene of an event being reported.”
http://www.copyright.gov/fls/fl102.html

Offline Spandex~Atom

« Reply #374 on: December 19, 2010, 11:55:33 pm »
This is a request and hopefully you'll agree it's better for you and us to simply remove the piece. If not, we'll need to talk about copyright and other legal issues.

They forgot to mention the misuse of the cultural identity of Native Americans by Kiesha, and wether or not she will be recanting, and altering all her 'workshop' material to make no reference to her fraudulent claims.   
It's amusing when someone who is misappropriating a peoples cultural heritage has the gall to make threats which if carried out would only end in the wider publicity of their misdeeds.

Do they really believe they wouldn't just get laughed right out of court?  ??? ??? ::)