Author Topic: Hello! From: Blue Wolf  (Read 3601 times)

BlueWolf

Hello! From: Blue Wolf
« on: March 23, 2007, 03:29:56 am »
Hello, my name is Blue Wolf.  I'm 1/16 Cherokee and proud of my heritage.  I'm not a member of any federally recognized tribe, mainly because my answers did not get on any of the required rolls.  I do have my application in a state-recognized tribe and am expecting acceptance anytime.

However, I can prove my indian blood and have it very well-documented.   I have spent over 20 years researching this and thank the Great Spirit for providing me with this new heritage. 

I always knew there was a special reason I was attracted to "non-whites" (for lack of a better word, I hate to use "minority" because it sounds ultra-degrading).  I was born listed as a "white", but my heart is Native American. 

I know very little of the ways, but I'm learning.  One of the ways I am learning is how to identify the fakes out there.  This site helps me with that.  I don't always agree with what is posted, and I will cause an uproar from time to time, but I appreciate everyone letting me at least investigate something a bit further.

Thanks,

Blue Wolf

Offline nahualqo

Re: Hello! From: Blue Wolf
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2007, 02:26:35 pm »
Don't learn your Native Ways from this board. This board has hard heartedness, which is a not our way. You need to find out where your people come from. You will be surprised that there is a good chance that there are people that know your people on the REZ. The people on the REZ knew more about me, my people, my relatives than I do. They knew more about me than I knew about myself. I would suggest that you learn your peoples ettiquette first. Find out how to approach people. Bring tobacco or groceries, there will be a method to socializing and meeting your people that serves your culture. I ran into a tribal member in Los Angeles whose grandmother went to missionary boarding school with my grandmother and had tales of their experience. She told me that my grandmother would escape in the dead of winter, that means up to 40 below zero. They would abuse her terribly when they got her back. In fact they were all abused to beat the Indian out of them.

BlueWolf

Re: Hello! From: Blue Wolf
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2007, 10:40:00 pm »
Thanks for your comment.  Actually, I'm not learning the traditions and cultures from this forum.  I just started using it as a way to recognize the "fakes" out there.  And there are quite a few.  I actually know where my Cherokee ancestors came from....Northern Alabama.  Me and my mother are planning a trip there in June.