Author Topic: Hello  (Read 9059 times)

Hello
« on: November 21, 2006, 04:07:38 am »
Yet another Cherokee worried about "Cherokee" frauds.  I miss the old Cherokee Elders Society/Cherokee Frauds web site--anyone know if it will be back?

I live in Indiana (going to school here) & can hardly shake my rugs without the dust hitting some new ager who claims to be Cherokee or Shawnee. 

Some of these loons have political power in Indiana, so it's sometimes hard to get the real story on a person/group from talking to people in person.  Not sure teh Internets are better, but I'm giving it a try.  Looking forward to sharing information on frauds and working to combat what has become a serious problem in my temporary state.

Offline JosephSWM

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2006, 02:34:09 pm »
There are some posts here regarding the Cherokee elder society website. The site, which had no names attached to it, was found out to be just a father and son who created the site. I also think it was found out they were lawyers and I am not sure if they are really Cherokee. It was also evident they were very christian, since they claim christianity to be the traditional religion of Cherokees.

Joseph

Re: Hello
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2006, 03:20:47 pm »
Eeek, I didn't remember that element of overemphasizing Christianity (I'm not Christian myself, but I do know a lot of people I would consider Cherokee are and have been for a long time), but I remember really liking the idea of a place for people to post info. about the various "cherokee" groups and their discussions of some of the nuts.  Sounds like this board might be a better place to do that, since there are actually a lot more people involved.