Author Topic: Introduction and  Hello  (Read 11533 times)

WanderingNative

Introduction and  Hello
« on: December 20, 2004, 07:44:24 pm »
Good afternoon everyone,

My name is G. Tieyah, I’m Comanche.  I grew up in Oklahoma, in a town called Elgin, just a few miles from my tribal headquarters.  I currently work at NMAI and have been active with native respect issues, getting involved more with dealing with new age frauds after the Outkast debacle earlier this year and trying to educate people about Indians.  I often perused the old yahoo boards but found myself over at Indianz.com a lot.  I only post under the name WanderingNative.  Hope to help out and to make some good connections over here.

Thanks.

WanderingNative

Re: Introduction and ? Hello
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2006, 02:17:00 am »
Not an "ex" member  ::), just not as active on the board as I probably should be.   ;)

Glad the new site is up and running and glad to see Trish over here.  Was worried there for a while.

Offline Barnaby_McEwan

Re: Introduction and  Hello
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2006, 08:35:28 am »
Hello WN: it's good to have you back. Sorry about the 'ex-member' thing. When we upgraded the forum software a lot of us suddenly became 'ex-members' and we haven't worked out why.

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2006, 01:51:22 pm »
Good to have you here. Just recently I stumbled upon one of your lists of recommended books and links and put it in our Non Frauds section.

When you get the chance I'd like to talk with you about someone becoming a little famous in your neck of the woods, David Yeagley, either on the board or by email if you wish.

WanderingNative

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2006, 07:04:38 pm »
Ah David "Pole-dances-for-white-guys" Yeagley. ? Mr. "Bad Eagle" , the original hang-around-the-fort, anti-sovereignty supporting, pro-mascot uncle tomahawk himself. ? (and those are the NICE things I've said about him in the past.)

He may be enrolled Comanche, but he never grew up anywhere near our community (well, maybe geographically, not culturally.)

What would you like to know? ? Anyone who's ever read Indianz.com knows I have no love for that traitor.

As for resource lists I have a few more here and there to add if anyone is interested.
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 am by WanderingNative »

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2006, 05:03:02 pm »
I wanted to know if you think he's actually Comanche. I've read kiowascout's argument that he isn't, that she asked around and no one'd ever heard of him before Horowitz set him up online.

Also the idea that his stepmother was Comanche and that's how he got enrolled, which leads to the question of if he knew about his adoption.

And the whole "did he get plastic surgery to look more NDN" question is pretty hilarious, if true.

WanderingNative

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2006, 05:45:00 pm »
I wanted to know if you think he's actually Comanche. I've read kiowascout's argument that he isn't, that she asked around and no one'd ever heard of him before Horowitz set him up online.
Well, whether I like it or not he is enrolled.  Culturally he's as far from being Comanche as Tonto was being a real representation of Indians.

Here's his latest on the Mascots.  He is a major proponent of mascots (since I believe that's his only connection to being "Indian.") He was partly responsible for the Sports Illustrated "survey" that was done a few years ago that supported the mascots.
http://indianz.com/board/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=22571

weheli

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2007, 06:56:44 pm »
 I was watching the History channel and "The Comanche Warriors" and who was one of the many speaking??? David Yeagley ??? The history of the Comanche is very interesting and a should watch. As I am not Comanche I do not know how accurate it is. Perhaps others can watch and add further comments. My point here is David Yeagley, so how is it he could get a part on this documentary??? Yes he looks like he has had plastic surgery. My opinion.
                                                                          Weheli

Offline earthw7

• Standing Rock Tourism
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2007, 05:58:26 pm »
Hi Wandering i see everyone is here
In Spirit