Author Topic: My Intro  (Read 11571 times)

Offline Bryant

• Mientras que haigan pendejos habran vivos
My Intro
« on: October 26, 2004, 04:44:43 am »
My name is Bryant and I think everyone knows me already. I am a friend of NAFPS.

Offline kosowith

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: My Intro
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2005, 04:50:39 pm »
Hello - I am a new member - Kosowith - I am female, Choctaw - university professor and director of a cross-cultural competency consulting firm - I do lectures on contemporary Indigenous issues frequently in Europe - have worked at UN etc - and now have a question for you all - a friend in Holland sent me a request for information on a man who is giving lectures - teaching sun dance songs and sweats there - by the name of Stephen Peter McCullough - as aposed to the artist Stephen McCullough - this one claims to be Lakota and says he was at WKII - thanks for any info I can pass on
and thank you for allowing me to post here.

ne'esh!

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2005, 08:11:34 pm »
If I remember right there was someone named McCullough doing phony Sundances in Indiana. Albert Running Wolf of AIM Indiana was involved in exposing him. I think this may be the same person. Found a cached link where he speaks to a Netherlands Nuage group arguing for doing Sundances for whites and claims to have been "put on a hill at Wounded Knee" by an elder, though in the 80s, well after the standoff.
Cached at http://groups.msn.com/MeestersvanhetLicht/wiezijnwij.msnw?action=get_message&mview=0&ID_Message=2637&LastModified=4675427229691486699
A calling for global spiritual renewal and commitments
May 30, 2003
Hello friends,
My name is Stephen McCullough.
When I lived in White River, South Dakota I was involved in the 1973 occupation of Wounded Knee. I have fought for Indian rights and issues ever since, including the protection of Native American burial grounds, performing reburial ceremonies and getting laws passed to protect the graves of our ancestors. For the past 12 years I have been the leader of the first Sundance east of the Mississippi River. The Salt Creek Sundance was begun to honor the spirits of our ancestors and to protect their burial grounds from looters.
I want to begin by sharing some experiences I’ve had over the years listening to my elders and learning from them.
We all have seen that thousands of non-Indian people and Indians from other tribes have been asked to put their pipes away and not go on their Vision Quest, or pour water in the sweatlodge ceremony, or sundance.
So my question is, could the more than three hundred tornadoes that recently occurred across America with all the ensuing casualties be a sign as to what can happen when pipe people stop praying and are asked to stop their Sundancing commitments?
I say these things to explain that many elders say that when a pipekeeper puts their pipe away, or doesn’t keep up their commitments, then that person may have a tragedy in their family or community.
I want people to understand what can happen when they turn away from the commitments they have made to the Creator, even if asked to do so by the very leaders who introduced them to the ways of the pipe. All those who have stopped their commitment to Sundance or have not fulfilled other obligations they have made with the pipe, should consider why they chose to pick up the pipe in the first place.
As a Sundance leader, I had a vision many years ago to not only honor the spirits of the ancestors of this area, but to host a ceremony that would bring all nations together, both Indian and non-Indian.
Back in the 80’s a Lakota medicine man put me on the hill at Wounded Knee, S.D. The second day it was so hot. I remember I had to lie down and I laid my pipe on the altar while I lay on the ground. A spirit came and took me so far in the heavens that when I looked down on the earth, I was so far up it looked as small as a golf ball. I saw a lot of havoc and destruction taking place on the earth and it looked like the earth was coming to an end. An eagle brought me back into the center, back to the earth, and later it was explained to me what I saw.
He said, "Never lay your pipe down. If you ever lay it down again this is what will happen to this world."
In that way he explained to me the seriousness of putting your pipe down.
Stanley Looking Horse talked with me personally about how to run our Sundance and the things he would like to see done at our Sundance. We agreed and he gave his blessing....
Let’s dance.
Mitakuye Oyasin
Steve McCullough
You can contact Steve McCullough at
PO Box 141, Edwardsport, IN. 47528,
E-mail: stemcc2003@yahoo.com

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2005, 08:20:10 pm »
Forgot to say welcome, sorry.

You wouldn't happen to know another Choctaw professor, Donna Akers? She was my mentor, a great lady.

We're doing a speaking tour against the frauds in Europe  in less than two months, maybe we'll see you then.

Found another site, in Dutch. They seem to be sponsoring him, and he'll be speaking very soon.
http://www2.ru.nl/quetzalcoatl/
http://www2.ru.nl/quetzalcoatl/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=62&Itemid=51

Offline kosowith

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2005, 10:41:17 pm »
Wow - my auntie and I, and Phyllis Young will be there in June - when will you be there - You wouldn't be going to Sweden too would you?

Offline ItalLiving

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2005, 10:18:38 am »
Hello all,

I love you and feel strongly with you,
i'm living in Belgium and also c that there is a lot
of fraud in spiritual teachings and if i can do something more beside's not to assist dem let me know please, being a part of this makes my heart feel good , so i hope i receive some information on how i an help to stop the Fraud in Belgium (europ)

Mitakuye Oyasin
Mitakuye oyasin