Author Topic: Jask (was "Medical matters")  (Read 11293 times)

Jask

Jask (was "Medical matters")
« on: January 20, 2014, 04:11:45 am »
hello,

I'm really fascinated by the way so many New Age teachers have turned their backs on the medical profession. This is dangerous and not at all helpful for people, in my experience.  I'm also interested in the way that Medical "Research" is presented and hyped-up in the Media.  Random pieces of medical research reporting can also be grabbed by New Agers and altered to add a misconceived "credence" to their creed. It's a hypocritical approach and it needs questioning wherever it occurs.

Very interesting threads and comments here.

Jask (@thehiddenraven.net)

Epiphany

Re: Jask (was "Medical matters")
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2014, 06:46:33 pm »
Hello Jask, welcome.

Are you Julian Edward Ticehurst? Formerly a Psychology of Vision trainer, web master, more recently involved with your wife's project co-authored with Chuck Spezzano - Healing Keys?
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 08:32:50 pm by Piff »

Offline Defend the Sacred

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2014, 09:47:17 pm »
I'm changing the title of the thread, Jask, since you started it in Member Introductions. Could you also introduce yourself please?

Jask

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2014, 01:22:42 am »
Hello Jask, welcome.

Are you Julian Edward Ticehurst? Formerly a Psychology of Vision trainer, web master, more recently involved with your wife's project co-authored with Chuck Spezzano - Healing Keys?

Yes!  My wife is Janie Ticehurst. I'm an IT Consultant.  I have many clients but Chuck and Lency Spezzano are no longer clients.

What is your real name please Piff ?
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 01:56:29 am by Jask »

Jask

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2014, 01:39:46 am »
I'm changing the title of the thread, Jask, since you started it in Member Introductions. Could you also introduce yourself please?

Jask is my chosen to display name here. JulianEdward was my first choice but after a while and I wasn't approved* I tried with Jask. I've just noticed that Jask is J for my name Julian and 'ask' as in questions.

* because of a DDOS attack I understand. DDOS is an underhand and illegal activity. I'm very sorry that NAFPS has suffered this.

« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 01:49:57 am by Jask »

Epiphany

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2014, 02:10:44 am »
Thanks Jask, I had a feeling you might be Julian and just wanted to verify.

Many of us are anonymous here. Especially those of us discussing and comparing notes on possible frauds, since some frauds will bully and harass critics.

May I ask, why are you no longer a Psychology of Vision trainer? When did Chuck and Lency Spezzano stop being clients? First hand experience is so valuable, anything you can tell us is welcome, thanks.

Jask

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2014, 03:32:07 am »
hello Piff

Chuck and Lency stopped being my clients back in 2012 for web stuff directly. However I then came back to train a woman in their office to do web stuff. Over Christmas she left and I helped out by checking in on their Social Media. I stopped doing this last week as they have a new person to web stuff. I guess there is a chance I could be asked back but I don't think so.  This is not work I wish to have.  I don't have the time either.   My last job as their "web guy" and friend was to scrape lots of stuff on the internet, divide it into questions and send it to them with the note that it contains SERIOUS questions. I do hope everyone here gets answers.

Quite understand about the anonymous Display Names. No problem. There's some seriously weird stuff being posted out on the internet. What I don't see are good public talking forums for those who have been misled and misdirected in their healing.

Personally, I was brought here when I noticed a 'cure for cancer' post on mortydog - it mentioned my wife's name. Oh my gosh - Janie has never, ever done anything else but refer people to professional medical people. She's a Registered Nurse! She has done a lot of coaching work with people with cancer, and it was just upsetting to see.  For anyone at all to claim this or that can cure Cancer is just irresponsible. I'm looking forward to the day when we finally understand how cancer comes about.

I hope you don't mind if I don't comment about Chuck and Lency Spezzano and Psychology of Vision. Chuck and Lency are friends. I don't see how I can be objective so I don't want to say anything. I know they are accountable. I know they do their level best to walk their talk. They are good people by anyone's standard.

I think you have a mix of questions, some very good, some understandable but misinformed, some a little curious.  I've done my best to see that you and everyone get proper public and written answers.

Yes - I do have an issue myself with these fake 'shamans' and 'lightworkers' and so on. Particularly those who make grandiose claims based on a text written post-war, with a christian language, called "A Course In Miracles". Personally I believe in God in a direct and simple way. Always have done.  Religion itself, the human invention, can be helpful or it can be distinctly unhelpful.  The history of Christianity is a case in point. Even the people who wrote ACIM ended up arguing and suing each other. (I think)

So the bizarre claims made all over the place ? It's not so much my personal experience because I could always afford it, always curious and I have a flexible job but it's the stories I hear and come across from friends and theirfriends. Some of them are quite upsetting. A lot of people start discounting their own health problems with this New Age talk saying "I'm not taking radiotherapy or something because I can choose a different light health do-dah with my mind" Some take this to alarming extremes. I was reading about a "Breatharian" in Australia claiming that she could live off the sacred energy of God (this is an ancient Hindu idea too). What a miracle! Only she was later found to be eating crisps and chocolate bars in secret!  It wouldn't matter but she was actively teaching others to do the same Breatharian thing!

I'm personally glad that there is this forum. I could happily post here. But I can see the 'Ask' part of is has coming out already! I'd rather just share thoughts. I went shopping around the "New-Age Supermarket" a decade ago and some of the things I witnessed. Well, lamentable. Some just dangerous. Most of them bizarre. To me, they were just experiences. Others have not been so lucky. Particularly those who part with a great deal of money based on premises that are just insubstantial nonsense. Or ignore their own health and suffer.

I do have on ongoing problem with Psiram, your forum hosts I understand, but it's mainly about a single sentence where he suggests that Janie does NOT recommend going to a doctor. That could not be further from the truth. That's a dangerous thing to say - someone might read it and think it true!  But I'll have another go at editing this wiki next week. I've already send in a registration request as 'JulianEdward' but nothing back.

I do hope things I say here on this forum won't be used for mud-slinging. Just thought of that. Ho hum.

all the best,  J for Jask

Jask

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2014, 03:38:21 am »
Thanks Jask, I had a feeling you might be Julian and just wanted to verify.

Many of us are anonymous here. Especially those of us discussing and comparing notes on possible frauds, since some frauds will bully and harass critics.

May I ask, why are you no longer a Psychology of Vision trainer? When did Chuck and Lency Spezzano stop being clients? First hand experience is so valuable, anything you can tell us is welcome, thanks.

Forget to say why I`m no longer a trainer. It was because it was taking up so much time and money. I enjoyed the teaching aspect and enjoyed helping others with relationship problems but it just wasn`t  a true thing for me to do any more.  I do have more to say about this decision and what went into is. Will think on it.

Epiphany

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2014, 04:33:04 am »

I hope you don't mind if I don't comment about Chuck and Lency Spezzano and Psychology of Vision. Chuck and Lency are friends. I don't see how I can be objective so I don't want to say anything. I know they are accountable. I know they do their level best to walk their talk. They are good people by anyone's standard.

Have you had a chance yet to read through the thread here on Chuck Spezzano and Psychology of Vision? http://www.newagefraud.org/smf/index.php?topic=4179.0 The thread includes many experiences of survivors. I understand that you believe they are good people by anyone's standards, but that is not the belief and experience of others.

You know that Chuck Spezzano got into legal trouble in the past for claiming he was a psychologist when he was not?

Jask

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2014, 07:00:05 am »
 I scanned through the thread but haven't read it closely. I will do when I have time.
But I firmly believe that Chuck and Lency should and will answer questions for themselves.

I don't know about that legal case. Nothing in fact. First came across it - here I think.
It came as a surprise to me that lots of people think that Chuck is an actual psychologist. He certainly has couched his metaphysical model in the language of psychology and much of his psychology is basic stuff with a history tracing right back to people like CJ Jung. His model is actually called "Psychology of Vision". But I had Chuck 'categorized' as a Spiritual teacher from the beginning. A licenced Psychologist ? That's news to me.  Yes - that's a good question and needs total honest clarification.

In England, where almost everyone had come to seminars through word of mouth it wasn't an issue at all. In Canada I'm even less informed. Haven't been to a seminar for years and years. But as far as I know it wasn't an issue either. People I met treated Chuck as a Spiritual teacher. Including First Nations friends.

« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 08:15:57 am by Jask »

Jask

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2014, 08:02:25 am »
 I understand that you believe they are good people by anyone's standards, but that is not the belief and experience of others

Yes - I understand that. I'm describing my personal experience and my own estimation. You really can't go by it if it's just me saying it.

I couldn't actually find any direct reporting from 'survivors' on that thread. But Piff, you have mentioned it a lot by hearsay. I do believe you.
It's difficult for people, often, to speak up and say they feel damaged from something like a POV Seminar. I would think that hundreds of thousand of people have been to a Chuck or POV seminar. I'm curious about this myself.

I've just read all your latest posts. I'm a little shocked. Will think more about this.

« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 08:13:10 am by Jask »

Epiphany

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2014, 10:35:23 pm »
Jask, you are a friend of Chuck and Lency Spezzano, you've been a POV trainer in the past, you are the registrant for psychologyofvision.co.uk, and your wife Janie wrote and published a book with Chuck Spezzano. A past bio of yours states that you've "followed the 'path of the heart' with Psychology of Vision since 1994." I'm not laying out all this in an attempt to sling mud, I just want readers to know the depth of your involvement.

The survivor experiences in the thread on Chuck Spezzano are direct. They share their experiences. The fact that their names usually are not used, and others write up the final posts doesn't diminish the fact that these are the experiences of survivors. Not "survivors" in quotes - actual survivors.

Survivors report being shunned, harassed, and bullied. They do the best they can to speak out and educate others.

You may have been able to read Chuck Spezzano's mind and figure out that he is not a licensed psychologist, but other people do not have that ability. The state of Hawaii even took action against Chuck Spezzano for misrepresenting himself as a psychologist. Chuck lied, and got into trouble for it.

Jask

« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2014, 03:01:13 am »
Yes Piff, all that is true. Since 1994 ? That's 20 years ago. I hadn't worked that out. But I would say my real involvement with POV ended in 2005.

Deleted. I'm out of line here. Well out of order.

« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 04:08:49 am by Jask »

Epiphany

« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2014, 03:43:31 am »
You know, really, I'm not gonna even try here. POV (Christopher Spezzano and others) is attempting to demonize one of the public survivors who is speaking out, by claiming that she is a scorned woman. Enough with the bullying, with the whining that we aren't saying it right, enough with the trying to shoot the messengers. The message stands.

http://www.newagefraud.org/smf/index.php?topic=4179.0

« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 03:46:56 am by Piff »

Jask

« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2014, 04:01:57 am »
yes Piff - I can see I've joined in with some sort of demonizing - that is bad of me - survivors speak and I bullied - I'm part of the problem.
I'm cross all around today and it's nothing to do with this
I'm going to sit in a corner and shut up.