Author Topic: Hi from Norway!  (Read 9525 times)

Offline Kantuta

Hi from Norway!
« on: September 19, 2005, 10:58:24 pm »
Wow, I'm so glad to have found this site!

I wondered for a long time if I overreacted when I got annoyed reading about "Inka-shamans" and "initiated Amazonic shamans" and god knows what else they claim to be, but finding all you wonderful people made me feel that we indeed have to react against people stealing our symbols, distorting our cultures and selling false knowledge under our names.

My native american name is Kantuta, a Quechua name for the holy Inka flower from the Andes, but my christian name is Maria.

I'm 28 years old and I live in northern Norway, but I am originally from Bolivia. My father is of Aymara origin and my mother 1/4 Quechua.

Well, anyway, nice to meet you and I'm looking forward to join the discussions!

Offline 180IQ

• The Caretaker
  • I never sleep
Re: Hi from Norway!
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2005, 02:32:43 am »
Welcome to the forum. It's good to have you here. The more members we have, the faster the impostors will be stopped, so please invite others who would be an asset to this effort.

Offline vikinglady

Re: Hi from Norway!
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2005, 07:32:54 am »
Hej Maria, I am Annika from Sweden. So good to meet a "neighbour" in here, we´ve tried for so long to find  people in Norway to work with, especially when we have Native friends visiting. It would be nice if something could be organised for them in Norway, too, as it seems to be a lot of exploiters over there?

Great to meet you!  :D

Annika