Author Topic: Introducing Myself.  (Read 4087 times)

Offline Hedgeangel

Introducing Myself.
« on: April 25, 2013, 12:49:46 pm »
Hi there, I'm an Englishwoman, living in Cornwall, England. I have felt drawn to the popular interpretations of Shamanism and Native American Spirituality for many years and then I came across this forum a couple of years ago while researching "The Cherokee Dance of Life" which I had learned back in the 90's and which I had adopted as a regular practice and passed on to others. It transpired that this dance is an invention of Diane Fisher, a well-known fraud. Since then I've learned much from reading here and now have decided it is about time I signed up as a member. Thankyou!

Offline earthw7

• Standing Rock Tourism
Re: Introducing Myself.
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2013, 02:04:45 pm »
I am sorry that you fell for a fraud there are so many out there,
I think it is time for the world to wake up and see Native culture
who what they really are and not what people make up.
Each culture in the world has their ways to heal and that is
what everyone is looking for and healing come from inside you
not another culture
In Spirit

Offline Hedgeangel

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2013, 02:43:37 pm »
Yes Earthw7, that's so true! But having grown up on a diet of 'cowboys and Indians' as portrayed in the Saturday westerns, learning and partaking of those so-called 'spiritual traditions' and 'ceremonies' actually felt quite respectful and honouring, certainly not like a continuation of the historic theft or cultural genocide. I am very sad and sorry for that. We have lots of these frauds operating in England and I will make it my business to speak out and to refer people to this forum.  :-[

Mahekun

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2013, 02:25:29 pm »
Earth is right, any healing you are seeking comes from inside you and your own people have ways, you just have to learn it. Nobody said it is easy but by pursuing this you won't be damaging any other cultures. Damage can be caused without you intending to or even realizing it.

Doing your genealogy is a good place to start, it will give you pride in your ancestors and tell you where they came from and what kind of traditions you carry from them. Learn about your people.