Author Topic: Hi all  (Read 3180 times)

Offline Smoky

Hi all
« on: May 29, 2010, 01:42:51 am »
Hi everyone!

I've been lurking around for a couple years, but decided to finally register.    

I found this website when I was researching New Agey stuff as a teen trying to find my place outside of Christianity.  I never got involved in that stuff beyond reading due to a combination of being cheap and being easily creeped out, but several of my friends since have.  They've succumbed to tossing thousands of dollars at these weekend gurus, even to the point of sacrificing their college tuitions for it.  I’ve been trying to keep on top of the scarier organizations so they can be warned if they ever try to join up.  As for the existing crap they're involved in, I don’t know.  The people running these things sure know what they are doing.  They've exploited my friends' weaknesses to the point where some of my friends are now convinced that they cannot function without the rituals they've picked up (the majority being of eastern religious origins, the minority NA).  They‘ll suffer withdrawal-like symptoms if they don’t indulge in them for a few days.  

Anyway, this website has been a great resource.  I’m just glad that it even exists.  It’ll be nice to be able to finally interact with everyone!  I’ll try to help wherever I can.

Good to meet you all  ;D,

Smoky
« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 02:07:15 am by Smoky »