Author Topic: Hello from Slovenia  (Read 3615 times)

Offline Vida

Hello from Slovenia
« on: April 11, 2010, 10:05:39 am »
I'm a new member from Slovenia, a small (population 2 mill.) ex-Yugoslavian country (Balkan, south-central part of Europe. I'm also a mother of three half Slovenian - half Native American children and lived with my Native husband on one of the reservations for about two years (revealing more data about this is a bit too private for me and my family at this fresh moment, please understand  :)). The reason why I've joined this forum is I've found myself in a situation where many people in this part of Europe keep asking me for advice and even help with organizing or spreading info about events such as sweatlodges, vision quests, different kinds "ritual healing" led by people who seem or claim to be or maybe even really are Native American. I feel responsible to give accurate information about Native American cultures to avoid misleading, creating harmful confusion and cultural appropriation in this part of Europe. In case of obvious new age frauds giving an advice is easy, but there are cases where I'm confused and need more information. The latest such case was William Two Feather (claims to be Apache) visiting Slovenia and Italy offering healing ceremonies and introducing his new book. There is a group of people in Slovenia and border part of Italy who admire him and take everything he says as "pure Native American wisdom and spiritual healing practice". I'd appreciate some reliable info about William Two Feather and his work. Thank you.     
« Last Edit: April 11, 2010, 10:08:07 am by Vida »

Offline Ric_Richardson

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Hello from Slovenia
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2010, 02:49:41 pm »
Tansi;  There is a thread on William Two Feather, here.  It would probably be good if you looked it up!  Be very careful about him!  I have met him and was very unimpressed.
Ric

Offline Ingeborg

• Friends
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2010, 03:36:02 pm »
Hi Vida, welcome to NAFPS.
There are several threads in which William Two Feather is mentioned, one of them in the Fraud section:
http://www.newagefraud.org/smf/index.php?topic=1242.0 .

Offline Vida

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2010, 11:43:42 am »
Thank you, Ric & Ingeborg. I've looked the suggested threads up, it just confirmed my suspicion that what he offered was some kind of new age performance and not some genuine teaching about Native American culture. (BTW I didn't attend his performance because I wasn't impressed by the way he introduced himself, plus it was too expensive  - 499 euro for 2 days)