Author Topic: Mizheekay.... ☼  (Read 12198 times)

Offline Ingeborg

• Friends
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Mizheekay.... ☼
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2009, 01:34:23 pm »

Yes, my answer was rather to the point, and for several reasons. I've seen Mizheekay in a German forum where from their posts it became clear that they are a nuager, and do not like NAFPS (without elaborating re the reasons), but this is not what set me off.

Mizheekay came here with demands to be accepted to ndn spirituality, and demanded that people share with her/him. We do see this often enough. But this time it was combined with a repeated appeal to NAFPS members to educate themselves, and with repeated implications they of course know far better... It makes me cringe when white persons come along here in this way, and it makes me furious to see people acting out their white priviledge in such an insolent way.

And you are quite right: a behaviour like Mizheekay's is considered rude here in Germany, too. We're quite normal people and do know the concept of politeness like all other nations in the world, and not the 3d Reich imitation of the superior human many films portray us as – even if some of us apparently do enter places with no manners to speak of, behaving like wasicu.

What also makes me short-tempered are people attempting to rewrite history to meet their own ideas and to make this distorted version of history the basis for the demands following. True, some 2,000 years ago, the Romans had baths, steam baths etc. But Mizheekay spoke about peoples living in Europe some 40,000 years ago. First of all, 40,000 years ago, homo sapiens sapiens only *began* to move into Europe, and the migratory movement began in the south of the continent. The north, where Mizheekay happens to live (in the German forum s/he mentioned s/he lives in the North of Germany), was not to be populated by HSS for thousands of years then, as it was still covered by ice. So whoever lived in Europe in the paleolithic era, especially in Northern Europe where settlement of HSS began much later, was no ancestor of today's population. The Indo-European imigrants in Europe were but the last wave(s) of migration here. Who lived here before the Indo-European peoples arrived, is similarly unknown – there are no names for these peoples, the languages they spoke are unknown, their customs are widely unknown. As most probably the early paleolithic populations of Europe did not get wiped out by later migrational waves but mixed with them, it is possible that we have inherited some of their gene pool – culturally, and linguistically, we are something quite different.

So perhaps the first paleolithic HSS Europeans did know sweatlodges, but as far as I read prehistory, it is not established they did. Mizheekay's claim that scientists proved this is rewriting history, perhaps from nuage books. Whether the Indo-Europeans knew sweatlodges is also not certain – the Finns know them, and although today's Finnish population does not differ genetically from the rest of the Europeans, they speak a non-Indo-European language which is related to Estonian, and Hungarian, and then there is a branch of this family with some more languages in Northern Russia, the Ugric languages.

We had another person, a Euro-American, joining NAFPS before who claimed she was an indigenous European and her ancestors were a nation that lived in Europe 40,000 years ago; she also tolerates misinterpretations of her indigenous status as being Native American and does not correct them.

It is true that, going back far enough in the history of mankind, the ancestors of all of us lived as tribes. However, this does not justify anybody coming here and taking this for a pretence to *demand* that ndn people share their spirituality since they somehow feel, or rather insist they are tribal people, too. This is simply – pardon my French – annoying B.S. It also happens to be racist, as it implies that Euros are also the 'better' tribal people and as our ancestors got oblivious over the times and abandoned their tribal ways, they want to make up for that by demands to be initiated to ndn culture (as they also do not care about the fact there is no generic ndn culture but many of them).

I consider racism as expressed by Mizheekay of the worse sort, as it (falsely) rejects relations to the outright redneck or Nazi bonehead, but hides behind the mask of social acceptance and a false learnedness.

Re: Mizheekay.... ?
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2009, 02:58:03 pm »
I've been reading this thread with interest.  It's fascinating to me that someone would claim such a thing.  Even if 40,000 years ago there were 'tribes' in Europe, um.. common sense states they are not NA NDN.  It's a ridiculous claim.  It never ceases to amaze me the stupidity of some.  My own ancestors come from somewhere in Russia, but we have a cold trail after my grandmother and grandfather, met/worked in Lithuania.  However, I have the intelligence to know that is on another continent and country and has nothing to do with North America Anything. 

Reading a thread such as this has truly opened my eyes to the stupidity and annoyance the NA NDN has to endure.  I feel for you.. 
press the little black on silver arrow Music, 1) Bob Pietkivitch Buddha Feet http://www.4shared.com/file/114179563/3697e436/BuddhaFeet.html

Offline Defend the Sacred

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2009, 07:28:48 pm »
I consider racism as expressed by Mizheekay of the worse sort, as it (falsely) rejects relations to the outright redneck or Nazi bonehead, but hides behind the mask of social acceptance and a false learnedness.

I agree. It's easy for people to recognize and dismiss the cross-burners and screaming Nazis. The type of racism that hides behind false information and an air of erudition is insidious and harder to fight. Thankfully, this poster didn't pull it off well; their information was so blatantly wrong and ridiculous, their arguments and demands all too familiar, and their style of communication inept. And the nerve to call themselves by a Native American name... Disgusting.

My own ancestors come from somewhere in Russia, but we have a cold trail after my grandmother and grandfather, met/worked in Lithuania.  However, I have the intelligence to know that is on another continent and country and has nothing to do with North America Anything.

There is actually a great deal of surviving Lithuanian earth-based religion. They still have their mythology, songs, customs, and some ceremonies for the spirits and seasons. I don't know if Lithuanians have sauna, but the Latvians have surviving sauna ceremonies. The pre-Christian beliefs, stories and surviving rituals of the Latvians have much in common with those of the Lithuanians. The village where one of my family members is from still has Solstice bonfire ceremonies with toasts to the gods. Some of the rituals are protected by the police, "in case any puritans try to interfere."
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 02:56:10 am by Kathryn »

« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2009, 05:50:25 am »
There is actually a great deal of surviving Lithuanian earth-based religion. They still have their mythology, songs, customs, and some ceremonies for the spirits and seasons. I don't know if Lithuanians have sauna, but the Latvians have surviving sauna ceremonies. The pre-Christian beliefs, stories and surviving rituals of the Latvians have much in common with those of the Lithuanians. The village where one of my family members is from still has Solstice bonfire ceremonies with toasts to the gods. Some of the rituals are protected by the police, "in case any puritans try to interfere."

That's amazing.  I am thinking I would like to learn more on where my 'dna' has come from....  I do not know enough about my grandparent's history to track this, but perhaps at some point I will be able to hire someone to help me find ancestry records in Russia.  We believe my grandfather's family is Russian.  And my grandmothers Lithuanian, but we really don't know.  They came to America in the early 1900's. 

Well, don't want to hijack..  but thank you for telling me this.   :)
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 02:35:16 am by Kathryn »
press the little black on silver arrow Music, 1) Bob Pietkivitch Buddha Feet http://www.4shared.com/file/114179563/3697e436/BuddhaFeet.html

Offline NCRunningWolf

« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2009, 05:09:56 am »

That's amazing.  I am thinking I would like to learn more on where my 'dna' has come from....  I do not know enough about my grandparent's history to track this, but perhaps at some point I will be able to hire someone to help me find ancestry records in Russia.  We believe my grandfather's family is Russian.  And my grandmothers Lithuanian, but we really don't know.  They came to America in the early 1900's. 

Well, don't want to hijack..  but thank you for telling me this.   :)
[/quote]
If you are near a Mormon Genealogical Library, or even near a stake center, they have an amazing bank of genealogy knowledge.  You do not need to be Mormon to use it.
Their information is from world wide.

« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2009, 05:42:56 am »
Yes, searched that.  The only info that they had were deceased relatives that I already knew about, but nothing further than their dates of death.  A person on my work forum stepped in and she did amazing thing, getting the immigration papers of my grandparents.  However, I don't know how to go about searching Russia or Lithuania's birth records to trace back to my great grandparents.  Anyway, it's really not feasible that .. well, except for just having the knowledge of my family tree.. it's not feasible I would have anything more than that. 

This is where I am today, and where/who I came from, I cannot go back there.  The info would be interesting though. 

Thanks.