Author Topic: Hey from Oklahoma  (Read 21201 times)

Offline Ric_Richardson

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Hey from Oklahoma
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2009, 12:44:39 am »
Tansi;
I guess that you didn't notice my question about how it is that you claim to be Metis, but also state that you are "enrolled."  Since the Metis are Aboriginal people who are not members of First Nation status, I would be interested to know of how you are Metis.  Please see my question about this in the reasearch needed category in which this was asked.

I like some of what you are saying, especially since the main economy of my Metis community is the sale of crack cocaine.  Some of us have been working very hard to find ways of providing alternatives to this problem, but are working in our Metis and First Nation communities to do this.  If you know of ways that will help with this, I am interested.

Offline 918ndnOkie

« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2009, 03:50:11 am »
Tansi;
I guess that you didn't notice my question about how it is that you claim to be Metis, but also state that you are "enrolled."  Since the Metis are Aboriginal people who are not members of First Nation status, I would be interested to know of how you are Metis.  Please see my question about this in the reasearch needed category in which this was asked.

I like some of what you are saying, especially since the main economy of my Metis community is the sale of crack cocaine.  Some of us have been working very hard to find ways of providing alternatives to this problem, but are working in our Metis and First Nation communities to do this.  If you know of ways that will help with this, I am interested.

did you just randomly stumble upon this meaning for it to be in a seperate thread or are you high and think everyon is metis
aya ani'yv'-wiya.....nihi fvmbe vksi yoneg

Offline Vuyeed

« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2009, 04:18:14 am »
heya Kyle this is Eric from Myspace  :D

How ya been, little bro?

send me a friend request on your new profile, slacker...I feel unloved lol  :P

What I find hysterical is someone's arguement with you is that they want to defend themselves by saying "are you going to judge who is and who isn't NDN by how they look?" but insist on using the term PODIA on others...THAT is the funniest thing ever...also probably one of the more hypocritical things ever.

Offline wolfhawaii

« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2009, 05:55:03 am »

and if they say they are cherokee from oklahoma and claim they go to corn dance or stomp then I can immediately call BS on em....

Ulihelisdi Kyle, welcome to the board....from your tagline and intro you seem like a choogie with a bit of an attitude, hope you keep it level. Where is your home fire?

LOL! just a bit! But Squirell Hill down by stillwell

I don't know Squirell Hill, is that by Mankiller Flat?

Offline wolfhawaii

« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2009, 06:17:40 am »

Re: Carol Crystal Woman and Grandma Coyote
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2009, 02:29:52 PM » Quote 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 *** O~Si~Yo~ ***

whats so wrong with belonging to the Cherokees thru the Metis? I for one happen to be Cherokees thru the Metis!

****Wa~Do****

Report to moderator    Logged 

I think Ric was asking about this.....

Offline 918ndnOkie

« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2009, 09:30:45 am »

Re: Carol Crystal Woman and Grandma Coyote
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2009, 02:29:52 PM » Quote 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 *** O~Si~Yo~ ***

whats so wrong with belonging to the Cherokees thru the Metis? I for one happen to be Cherokees thru the Metis!

****Wa~Do****

Report to moderator    Logged 

I think Ric was asking about this.....

hahahaha ok, I was just slightly a bit sarcastic there! actually more than sarcastic I was just seeing who I could drag out with that lol

Offline Ric_Richardson

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2009, 12:36:54 pm »
Tansi;

Although Metis people are mixed blooded, there are also a number of other criteria which certainly do not include everyone or anyone who is only mixed blooded.  Since this has been extensively written on in other areas of this forum, I did not go into all of the criteria for the Metis people.  I would suggest that you learn about this, rather than only being disrespectful in your responses.

Our people have fought for generations to ensure that our people became recognized as a distinct Aboriginal people in the Canadian Constitution, under section 35, which recognizes Indian, Inuit and Metis as Aboriginal people in Canada.  Although there are Metis people in the US, the US government has not recognized them, in this way.  There is a great deal of blood on our backtrail and the recognition of the fact that our people have survived and remained Culturally distinct has cost the lives of many.  This sacrifice is being abused when people who are not Metis try to use our peoples struggles and successes, in ways that may give themselves an assumed and false identity.

One of the issues that continually comes up, is that there are many people who can not find ways of being recognized by the Aboriginal groups that they claim to be descended from, who will often identify themselves as Metis, thinking that no one can challenge this.  Our Culture is very much alive and many of us spend a great deal of time and energy working to Maintain our Traditions and ensure the survival of our people.

Please consider this and hopefully you will learn about us.  This forum is one in which Respectful dialogue is encouraged and can be a valuable tool in learning about some of the issues that are being faced by Aboriginal peoples all over Turtle Island.
Ekosi
Ric

Offline earthw7

• Standing Rock Tourism
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2009, 02:08:28 pm »
Thank Ric, it seem you have to explain over and over again.
I was going though some of the metis history here and the
fight they had for reconization in Canada.
I think this is a very young men who has a lot to learn
In Spirit

Offline 918ndnOkie

« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2009, 05:07:54 pm »
OMG IM NOT METIS......I THINK PEOPLE WHO CLAIM METIS ARE NUTTIER THAN A SQUIRREL TURD

If you would have read my welcome post im enrolled in the Osage and Cherokee Nations here in Oklahoma....lol

I was being a sarcastic kid trying to make a HAR HAR joke.......chill out

and lol at someone telling me ive got a lot to learn......lol

Offline 918ndnOkie

« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2009, 05:10:18 pm »
Thank Ric, it seem you have to explain over and over again.
I was going though some of the metis history here and the
fight they had for reconization in Canada.
I think this is a very young men who has a lot to learn

Im going to state this to the both of yall here.....IM NOT METIS

I was joking lol     ;D

Im enrolled in the Cherokee and Osage nations here in Oklahoma...and I MAKE FUN OF METIS who are a conglomeration of people who have no true native lineage

frederica

« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2009, 05:12:20 pm »

You are the one that needs to "chill out",  cause you are getting old fast.

Offline 918ndnOkie

« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2009, 05:36:11 pm »

You are the one that needs to "chill out",  cause you are getting old fast.

I think you need to quit with the power trip Fredrica....

Im simplying implying a slight sarcastic humor here, and you obviously do not pick up on it. Ya know the stereotypical sarcastic "ndn humor"

if im getting old and you hold the deciding vote that im old and not needed then cool because I dont need to protest online.

im just looking to share some jokes and talk about things a bit more serious.

but i think you should quit being so invested in your online feelings. Because so far guess what? No fights, no real drama, just clarification of things some of us didnt get the first time.

but again if you want me out of here then hell ok! its spring and i have alot more things I could spend my time doing out here.

frederica

« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2009, 05:39:37 pm »
Take your humor elsewhere then.  No sense in your lack of respect for others.