Author Topic: Tsisqua  (Read 78056 times)

Offline bls926

Re: Tsisqua
« Reply #90 on: January 01, 2009, 07:26:25 pm »
Kathryn.  There are too many names on other sites.  I don't think anyone will ever know.  You have Tanena Davis, Teresa Courtney, and Tsisqua Dawisgala. http://pub31.bravenet.com/forum/2622176167/show/766816                                                                             

Wanted to comment on this; been thinking about it and decided something needed to be said.

First, Tsisqua Dawisgala is a screen name/stage name Tsisqua uses/used when she really needed a last name. You know, those times when just plain Tsisqua didn't have the power of Madonna or Cher.

Second, you know as well as I do that Teresa Courtney, although going by the name Tsisqua, is not the Tsisqua that posted here on NAFPS or runs the NAU website. Courtney lives in Ohio; the Tsisqua in question lives in Ireland.

Finally, we come to the third name, Tanena Davis. Although at one time I was sure Tsisqua couldn't be Tanena, now I'm not so sure. I honestly don't know.

Offline bls926

« Reply #91 on: January 01, 2009, 07:29:03 pm »
RE: Mark Yazzie???
From:  Bryan Shade, Webmaster (webmaster@keetoowahcherokee.org) 
Sent: Mon 12/29/08 6:32 PM
To:  Bonnie Singleton (bls926@msn.com)

Bonnie,

After several months of researching, we have no record of any of our membership residing in Dublin, Ireland. This is not intended in any way to deny that this individual is a member of the UKB but it is unlikely. Only with a name would we be able to verify the status of this individual. While our membership consists of nearly 13,000 enrolled members, none have an address in Ireland.

Unfortunately, an increasing number of non-Keetoowah individuals choose to imitate our full-blood faction. For years, people have imitated the Cherokee People, though only recently have we, the United Keetoowah Band of Cherokees, been aware of the number of people who claim to be from United Keetoowah Band of Cherokees.

While we realize that our deeply traditional roots have became a draw of sorts for those who wish to affiliate with Native American-ism, this type of activity truly is a threat to the existence of the bona fide Native American Tribes and our relationship with other Tribes and Nations as well as the Federal Government.

They say that imitation is the best form of flattery so it makes perfect sense that these people begin to imitate the most religious and traditional portion of the Cherokee Blood Line – The Keetoowah Cherokees.

We appreciate your inquiry and thank you for coming to the source.

Wado,

Bryan Shade,
Webmaster/Director of Federal Programs & Compliance,
United Keetoowah Band of Cherokee Indians

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Mark Yazzie
Date: Tue, July 01, 2008 1:59 am
To: <enrollment@keetoowahcherokee.org>

I have a question I hope someone in the United Keetoowah Band can answer. I recently came across someone online claiming to be enrolled UKB. I don't know her real name; she goes by Tsisqua, refusing to give any personal information. I know that she lives in Dublin, Ireland. She never gave out that info, but I was able to find out by other means. She has stated that her cousin, Mark "Coyote" Yazzie, was beaten to death defending a burial site in December 2007. While she claims full-blood Keetoowah, Yazzie was San Carlos Apache/Cherokee. I'm having a hard time believing this story; haven't been able to find anything about this incident. I hope someone has heard something about it. If it really happened, someone lost a son, brother, nephew, cousin, a relative. This is not the type of news that would be kept quiet. I realize Yazzie is neither a Cherokee name nor Apache, but is Dine. In fact there's a Dine artist named Mark Yazzie. I don't want to accuse this person of making up a story to garner sympathy and support, but that's what I feel in my gut. There are other inconsistencies in who she says she is. Would really like to get to the bottom of this. Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Bonnie Singleton

Offline bls926

« Reply #92 on: March 06, 2009, 06:14:33 am »
In light of the fact that NAU and Tsisqua have resurfaced, and as it pertains to two other active threads, Zoi Lightfoot/Treaty House and Ben Carnes/Eagle Mountain, I think this thread should be revisited. Bumping for those who may have forgotten the game Tsisqua was playing.

Offline kosowith

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #93 on: March 06, 2009, 12:23:10 pm »
When this person first posted I really wondered where she got the picture of the NAC lodge.  It looks exactly like the Medicine Bull lodge and was, last time I saw it, not widely published.  Not that it matters to the discussion, but it bothered me a bit to see it, if it is the same lodge, used as a logo by some one who seems to not be honest.