Author Topic: Another newbie trying to find answers  (Read 3680 times)

Another newbie trying to find answers
« on: February 02, 2007, 06:27:20 pm »
Greetings from Canada, eh?  :)
I came across this site today while researching a couple of individuals/groups I have been questioning for some time now, and thought, "Hey! this may be where I find the answers I seek."
First about me... I am of mixed blood. My father was Cherokee, family supposedly from N. Carolina. My mother was a mixture of Ojibway, MicMac and French. I am not status and do not have affiliation with any band either side of the border.
I have 3 grown children, four grandchildren with a fifth on its way now.
Years ago ( much more than I care to remember) I came across the Bear Tribe while I was living in WA state. Out of curiousity I attended one of these "vision quests" and although, at that time I had little experience with Native culture/Ceremonies, my gut told me what I was seeing was new age. I approached this man (Bear) and asked him where he got his teachings from. He frowned at me and told me his"grandfathers" taught him.
He did not respond when I asked who his grandfathers were so I knew in my heart ( and my gut) that I needed not be there.
Since then I have read much (including on this forum) about him and his fraud.
I have other questions about a few others and am hoping I find the answer here.
One is the American Indian Church. This person who runs it calls himself Minister something or other ( sounds dutch to me), and then I also ask about Parisha (Patty Taylor).
Since my experiences in WA state, I have had the honour of meeting many true Elders, have attended Ceremonies etc. and feel I am now on the right track.
Still have a lot to learn and willing to learn.
Respectfully
GrammaStillLearning