Author Topic: Famous People who Believe in Plastic Shamans?  (Read 4235 times)

Offline Pono Aloha

Famous People who Believe in Plastic Shamans?
« on: June 05, 2015, 05:37:52 am »
A lot of plastic shamans claim to be gurus to the stars, but I haven't found that they list any names. Does the plastic shaman industry have celebrity proponents, like Tom Cruise is for Scientology? I'm interested in compiling a list of celebrities, politicians or other famous people, either current or passed.

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
Re: Famous People who Believe in Plastic Shamans?
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2015, 12:24:55 pm »
At the top of the list:
Oprah endorsed on her show Miguel Ruiz and James Arthur Ray. I wrote an article and posted it at her forum calling for her to apologize for her role after the sweatlodge deaths. No response.

George Lucas, who based the Jedis and their powers and sayings on Carlos Castaneda books.
Actor Peter Coyote is also a Castaneda follower.

Shirley MacLaine has endorsed a lot of Nuage ideas, but I don't know of specific plastics.

ETA: The hip hop duo Outkast are influenced by the Nuwaubians.

Autumn

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2015, 12:47:01 am »
A lot of plastic shamans claim to be gurus to the stars, but I haven't found that they list any names. Does the plastic shaman industry have celebrity proponents, like Tom Cruise is for Scientology? I'm interested in compiling a list of celebrities, politicians or other famous people, either current or passed.

Arianna Huffington of the Huffington Post was a follower and heavy supporter of John-Roger.
http://www.newagefraud.org/smf/index.php?topic=4202.msg35813#msg35813

Offline Pono Aloha

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2015, 05:13:56 pm »
Thank you! I have so far found Sarah Ferguson, Sarah (Duchess of York) met with a plastic shaman named Clay Miller in Sedona, Ellen Degeneres met with don Miguel Ruiz, and Lesley Ann Warren went to a fake ho'oponopono workshop. In the course of looking around, I was saddened to see that James Arthur Ray is back in business, and the video that opens his website leads with his long ago appearance on Oprah.