Author Topic: Sanctimonious Lectures from Truthteller  (Read 9409 times)

Offline truthteller

Sanctimonious Lectures from Truthteller
« on: February 20, 2009, 06:33:58 pm »
I am puzzled by the need to attack Danny.  I have known him for several years and have seen many of his performances.  He is a flute player, dancer and story teller.  I have never heard him claim to be full blood Native American.  He always states he is of mixed blood. 

I know him to be a gentle, kind man.  He is generous and helpful.  I've known him to share his gift of music, dance and storytelling with groups of families and children like cub scouts and their families for free.  He is a teacher of peace and harmony.

The Native American Culture is one of richness and diversity.  It needs to be shared and taught to all Americans.  Instead of looking for reasons to exploit or defame someone trying to teach us, why not listen to what he says? 

I am also bothered by the comments of Danny's use of Sioux or Lakota language.  The Sioux/Lakota are the most well known of tribes.  In addition, many of the Native Americans that have authored books are of Sioux or Lakota decent.  Therefore, when Danny makes use of the language, it's not out of confusion or to fool anyone.  It is because  "Mitakuye Oyasin" (We Are All Related) is a COMMON statement amongst ALL Native people.  Not just the Sioux/Lakota tribe.  In addition, the "Mitakuye Oyasin" is the title of a book written by Dr. A.C. Ross. 

Offline earthw7

• Standing Rock Tourism
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2009, 07:50:19 pm »
What!
Therefore, when Danny makes use of the language, it's not out of confusion or to fool anyone.  It is because  "Mitakuye Oyasin" (We Are All Related) is a COMMON statement amongst ALL Native people.  Not just the Sioux/Lakota tribe.  In addition, the "Mitakuye Oyasin" is the title of a book written by Dr. A.C. Ross. 

Chuck Ross is Dakota so he can use his own language Duh! and when is Lakota common among all native people? This is a new one on me. What are you saying really that everyone should use our language instead of their own? Asking questions because I heard this before from white people.
In Spirit

Offline truthteller

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2009, 08:15:55 pm »
REALLY Earthw7?  This is how you see the world? 

If this is the case, I think it best that unless you are of Hispanic decent, you best refrain then from saying Adios or Buenas Dias or Gracias or any other COMMONLY used Spanish sayings. 

And make sure you say God Bless You INSTEAD of the more commonly used German phrase.

Your ignorance is sad but not suprising.

I am sure that you will choose to be absurdly angry at my points.  But remember, you can't decide to have a vendetta against me unless you are Italian!

In addition, it is very WRONG of you to make assumptions as to my race.  How do you know that I myself am not Native?  What makes you think I am a "white person"?  Because I see the world in broader view than you does not mean that I am deserving of your obvious prejudice and racism.

« Last Edit: February 20, 2009, 08:21:45 pm by truthteller »

Offline Defend the Sacred

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2009, 08:32:46 pm »
How do you know that I myself am not Native? 

Because your ignorance, attitude, offensiveness and sense of entitlement give you away.

What makes you think I am a "white person"? 

Because you act like one.

Because I see the world in broader view than you does not mean that I am deserving of your obvious prejudice and racism.

Only white people, or those colonized by/assimilated into mainstream white "culture", call Indigenous people who defend their cultures "racist."

Offline truthteller

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2009, 08:43:06 pm »
Guess what?  You are completely wrong. 

But, based on your explanation I am completely convinced that you yourself are not Native.  Your ignorance, attitude, offensiveness and sense of entitlement are themselves very frightening.   Not Native at all.  Very white of you the way you put your own attitudes on me.

You don't know me.  You have no idea how I act.  You yourself are making very "white" (see your definition) assumptions about me.  That is very WHITE of you based on your own beliefs. 

Go on and continue to pretend.  I don't need your brand of Indigenous enlightenment.  And seriously, most Natives I know, myself included, don't refer to ourselve as indigenous.  You've read too many books and experienced very little in real native culture.

« Last Edit: February 20, 2009, 08:55:13 pm by truthteller »

frederica

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2009, 10:04:27 pm »
Truthteller, who are you, I have 2 different names here on the list, and two wanting admittance.  We don't allow sock puppets or trolls.  Earth7 is well established here, so that won't fly.

Offline truthteller

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2009, 11:16:16 pm »
I don't know what you mean by sock puppets or trolls.  I also don't know what you mean by two on a list and two wanting admittance.

I only joined to tell the truth about my friend and myself.  If this forum doesn't allow for opinions and truth that is contrary to what you put forth, it's not a forum but propaganda.  All of which is your choice since you are the one in charge.

frederica

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2009, 11:32:50 pm »
Well it was a dead thread last Oct. as if you read all, it was tagged as personal and suggested that it stop. And it did.  If you express your opinions it's fine, but don't expect everyone to agree with you.  You expect respect, you need to give it also.  It will not end up in a flame war.  It's a good idea to introduce yourself. 

Offline Smart Mule

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2009, 11:37:59 pm »

The Native American Culture is one of richness and diversity.  It needs to be shared and taught to all Americans.  Instead of looking for reasons to exploit or defame someone trying to teach us, why not listen to what he says? 

I am also bothered by the comments of Danny's use of Sioux or Lakota language.  The Sioux/Lakota are the most well known of tribes.  In addition, many of the Native Americans that have authored books are of Sioux or Lakota decent.  Therefore, when Danny makes use of the language, it's not out of confusion or to fool anyone.  It is because  "Mitakuye Oyasin" (We Are All Related) is a COMMON statement amongst ALL Native people.  Not just the Sioux/Lakota tribe.  In addition, the "Mitakuye Oyasin" is the title of a book written by Dr. A.C. Ross. 

In one paragraph you say that Native American Culture is one of richness and diversity and in the next you say that the Lakota phrase for we are all related (I don't actually think that is the literal and/or actual culturally specific translation, actual Speakers, please correct me if I am wrong) is a common statement amongst all native people.  I certainly don't hear it when I'm home (nor is it spoken in my house, it's not mine to use).  So we are a rich and diverse peoples who commonly exploit and stereotype each other?  That doesn't make sense to me.  If he is Apache, why doesn't he respect his culture enough but instead exploit another?  If he is such a kind gentle and generous man etc, don't you think he would want to help eradicate stereotypes and teach children and others what indigenous are really like today instead of wearing regalia to his performances?

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
Re: Sanctimonious Lectures from Truthteller
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2009, 01:49:33 am »
All of TT's lectures and attempts to sidetrack the thread on Danny Rael were put here, as will any others. He/she does not help Rael at all by this behavior. I say she because one of the sockpuppets set up is Smart White Chick, along with two others, all with the same ISP in Aurora Colorado.

Others may choose to debate him or her, and call him or her out. Seems to be entertaining some of our members. But I personally don't see much point to it.

TT, if you have anything relevant on Rael, pls let's hear it on the other thread.

Offline that_dakota_kid

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2009, 04:02:11 pm »
Good call. RESPECT  ;D

Offline earthw7

• Standing Rock Tourism
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2009, 05:05:19 am »
REALLY Earthw7?  This is how you see the world? 

If this is the case, I think it best that unless you are of Hispanic decent, you best refrain then from saying Adios or Buenas Dias or Gracias or any other COMMONLY used Spanish sayings. 

And make sure you say God Bless You INSTEAD of the more commonly used German phrase.

Your ignorance is sad but not suprising.

I am sure that you will choose to be absurdly angry at my points.  But remember, you can't decide to have a vendetta against me unless you are Italian!

In addition, it is very WRONG of you to make assumptions as to my race.  How do you know that I myself am not Native?  What makes you think I am a "white person"?  Because I see the world in broader view than you does not mean that I am deserving of your obvious prejudice and racism.

Agree EducatedIndian
« Last Edit: February 25, 2009, 05:08:42 am by earthw7 »
In Spirit