Author Topic: Re: Shuar shaman in Sweden  (Read 31873 times)

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
Re: Shuar shaman in Sweden
« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2006, 04:20:35 pm »
"Kanushi" has now been banned. Whether she is Perruchon or one of her students, her tactics and stance don't reflect well on Perruchon. All she did was focus more attention on Perruchon's wrongdoings.

Offline Kantuta

« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2007, 02:09:04 pm »
I'm back.

First of all, yes, I deleted my first postings because I was quite tired of the whole issue. A while after me and Perruchon finished our correspondence she wrote on her website about me (full name) and how I had been spreading false rumors about her and that no one should believe what I said. It seemed quite desperate.

If anyone is interested in reading our correspondence I still have all the mails. They are in Swedish though. I have never harrased her, that I can assure you. I have strongly critized her and she couldn't take that. She on the other hand, has written anonymous mails to me acusing me of not knowing what I'm talking about, not being indigenous etc etc.

Why do I need to prove to Perruchon or anyone else about my roots? Perruchon wrote to me that it was clear that I was a "mestiza" and  yes, that is what I've always said. Yes, I am a mestiza, that means, my mother is of mixed spanish and quechua origin and my father is of Aymara origin, like at least 80% of the people in Bolivia. My family speaks both spanish, quechua and aymara. Some of my family lives in the city, some are educated, others are coca leave farmers in the subtropics. So what? Just because I'm not 100% indigenous doesn't mean that I don't have the right to critize what she does.

Second of all, I HAVE been to the ecuadorian Amazon, I HAVE spoken to people who know her and her husband (I even have their names) and the did NOT like what she did.

Third: Her book is probably a well-done study, I still haven't had time to read it, but it is what she is doing now, selling courses that I critizised.

educatedindian: It's been a while now, but did you hear from Perruchon? Did you write her a mail?

« Last Edit: May 07, 2007, 03:26:36 pm by Kantuta »

Offline Kantuta

« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2007, 02:15:03 pm »
Just one more thing: That person, Kanushi, it's obvious that it was an extremely desperate Perruchon. I mean, how could ANYONE in Uppsala except Perruchon say where I've been or not been in Ecuador, what my origins are or what I have read? How would that person know anything about me? I don't know anyone in Uppsala, I don't even live in Sweden! Amazing!  ;D

Offline Freija

• I Love YaBB 2!
« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2007, 02:57:53 pm »
Well, hi Kantuta!! Nice to hear from you again. How are you doing?  :D

Offline Kantuta

« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2007, 03:04:51 pm »
Great, thanks!

I'm sorry, I can't remember if we have talked privately.... are you Annika? No? :)
« Last Edit: May 07, 2007, 03:23:07 pm by Kantuta »

Offline Freija

• I Love YaBB 2!
« Reply #35 on: May 07, 2007, 04:34:46 pm »
Great, thanks!

I'm sorry, I can't remember if we have talked privately.... are you Annika? No? :)

Yes, I am Annika  :D

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
« Reply #36 on: May 07, 2007, 05:09:37 pm »
Hello Kantuta, good to hear from you again. I don't know if it was Perruchon who wrote me emails and attempted to smear your name in here. She (or he) claimed to be a student of Perruchon's, but she had an amazingly detailed knowledge of Perruchon's work and activities, more than I've ever seen even the most admiring grad student know about their professors.

I can't say I'm surprised about the attacks upon you by her, or by the usual racist and hypocritical tactic of saying a critic is "Not Indian Enough" when the exploiter being criticized is not Indian AT ALL.

Offline Kantuta

« Reply #37 on: May 07, 2007, 05:25:10 pm »
Thanks, it's nice to be back here but I also felt a hint of anger about the issue again. And I should be concentrating about my exam :)

Would it be possible to read her emails to you? It would be interesting :)