Author Topic: Bulgarian version of the Dance of Life?  (Read 5500 times)

Offline AlaskaGrl

Bulgarian version of the Dance of Life?
« on: February 28, 2005, 01:37:57 am »
Trish, Barnaby,  have you heard of this?

-------

the  Sacred Bulgarian Dance of Life"    

http://www.experiencefestival.com/a/Paneurhythmy/id/1926

"Paneurhythmy, the Sacred Bulgarian Dance of Life, starts the day in joyous celebration of our oneness with Nature and the Cosmos. An expression of Divinity in form, Light in motion, Paneurhythmy unites heaven and earth through a series of 28 easily learned movements in a rhythmic circular walking dance. "

This SOUNDS so much like the ("tsalagi") "Dance of Life" that Waterhawk and others are doing.  Maybe they got it from overseas?  

This site has links to frauds Naylin and McGaa, so maybe they are pushing a phony Bulgarian ceremony too.  

When I first saw this I thought noooo  this has GOT to be a joke!   but no, it's real.

Linda

Offline JosephSWM

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Bulgarian version of the Dance of Life?
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2005, 04:15:33 am »
If I am not mistaken, and I might be, didn't eurhythmia start with Rudolf Steiner and /or The Waldorf School? I have seen these movements done and not to put others down I will say that they are well, different.

Joseph

Offline Barnaby_McEwan

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2005, 11:22:36 am »
Hhhhm. That page associates just about every new age concept with that dance, but in a quick reading I didn't see anything with a plastic-Indian look about it. Peter Deunov, paneurhythmy's originator, seems to have located himself within the 'Western Esoteric Tradition' (WET, for short). You know, ascended masters in the Himalayas, Great White Brotherhood directing humanity's spiritual progress from another plane, all that stuff: he might well have cribbed the name, and perhaps the movements, from Steiner's eurythmy. Or maybe Steiner nicked it from him!

http://www.datadiwan.de/SciMedNet/templeton/library/bibliography/philosophy_esoteric.htm
Deunov's principles are Love, Wisdom and Truth and accord with the underlying principles of the world's great spiritual traditions. He integrates the Neo-Platonic and Gnostic Streams with a form of Mystical Christianity. This also translates into a beautiful series of movements called paneurhythmy, for which he composed the music.

'Dance of Life' just trips off the tongue better than 'paneurythmy', I think. It's certainly a lot easier to spell. I guess we'd have to ask some Bulgarians if we want to find out whether it has roots in Bulgarian culture. I'm inclined to think probably not.

An article on the Western Mystery Tradition:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Western_mystery_tradition

There's only one mystery involved as far as I can see: how could anyone take it seriously? But then I'm probably vibrating at the wrong frequency.
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 am by Barnaby_McEwan »

TrishaRoseJacobs

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2005, 06:09:00 pm »
I've never heard of it.

But I have been told by a few people who'd likely know - that waterhawk got his "dance of life" phoney baloney from Dhyani Wahoo (never can remember how to spell her name.)

Offline Jamie Hume

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2007, 10:53:25 pm »
Mabe they did or maybe they did not get it from over seas! There is a earth based spirituality sincrinicity. parts of my anscestor beliefs and ceremonies what little and biaserd information there is left about them, are incredibly universal to a number of different beliefs; buddhism, hinduism and many things First nations that I have encountered.

Have you sen the folk dances in Europe....a lot of circles! and a lot of symbolism!

I am noticing a trend on here to speak in a disrespectful way about people and things that have not been investigated. Sometimes it looks obviously out of wack but it would be a better spiritual feel here if people did not use words like...claims.

When you are defending something sacred, is not doing it with the spirit of the belief or practice also defending it? If not, is that not attacking it in turn.

This experience is making me scrutinize my own words and thoughts more closely. Something to be mindful of.

Peace!