Author Topic: ExcelGuy says "Hello!" and "Boozhoo!"  (Read 3079 times)

Offline ExcelGuy

ExcelGuy says "Hello!" and "Boozhoo!"
« on: July 06, 2018, 07:14:34 pm »
Hello everyone. I stumbled across this site while doing research for my Masters of Education. Last month I finished reading "Decolonizing Education: Nourishing the Learning Spirit" by Dr. Marie Battiste and since I'll be in the masters program for 2 years more of my research may be relating to Indigenous / First Nations / Native issues (I'm in Canada, and acknowledge that I am joining this board from land that was the traditional territory of the Haudenosaunee, Anishnawbe, and Neutral peoples.

I better shut up now before I say something stupid which I may already have, but we start every class with the land acknowledgement I stated above, and it is becoming common in university and college classrooms, at least in Ontario.

Growing up in Northern Ontario, I can at least say "Migwetch" but probably not spell it right. Then again maybe I'll just stick with English and keep reading to learn more about the forum.

I also took some time to learn a bit of the Canadian Syllabics used as a written language for Inuktitut and Cree (and possibly Mohawk) and starting to get comfortable with the fact that it would actually be easier to write words in that character set :).

Cheers,
Rick