Author Topic: Greetings  (Read 4006 times)

Offline SallyN

Greetings
« on: August 14, 2015, 09:51:15 pm »
I live in Glastonbury, England, the home of weird and flakey (and Native American appropriation). I have an academic background in art and archaeology, and Asian Indian culture/religion. My ethnic origin is Irish. I found this site while checking out some of the outrageous frauds who regularly turn up in Glastonbury claiming all kinds of authority to teach Native American culture/religion/ceremony. I've started directing people towards this site as many people in the UK have little or no knowledge of the harm caused by cultural theft. I don't know very much about Native American cultures (sorry, will try to catch up), but loathe the profiteering and disrespect.

Offline AClockworkWhite

Re: Greetings
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2015, 09:55:26 pm »
You were born to fight fraud, it seems. And I can well imagine the crazy that goes through your area. Welcome!
I came here for the popcorn and stayed for the slaying of pretenders.

Offline Defend the Sacred

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2015, 10:45:14 pm »
Fáilte, a Shaille!

Offline Keely

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2015, 07:22:30 am »
I live in Glastonbury, England, the home of weird and flakey (and Native American appropriation). I have an academic background in art and archaeology, and Asian Indian culture/religion. My ethnic origin is Irish. I found this site while checking out some of the outrageous frauds who regularly turn up in Glastonbury claiming all kinds of authority to teach Native American culture/religion/ceremony. I've started directing people towards this site as many people in the UK have little or no knowledge of the harm caused by cultural theft. I don't know very much about Native American cultures (sorry, will try to catch up), but loathe the profiteering and disrespect.

Awesome! And you're correct on weird with flakey ???? but it's worse in Germany and Sweden

Offline SallyN

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2015, 09:25:26 pm »
Thanks everyone for your welcome - go raibh maith agat!