Author Topic: Hey there  (Read 6694 times)

Offline thetruth

Hey there
« on: April 07, 2013, 10:16:08 pm »
Hello- thetruth here.

I left an abusive & controlling group a few months ago that is led by a New Age-y plastic shaman who's also a licensed LCSW (though I've reported him, so hopefully that won't be true for much longer). I was a part of it for two years, so I'm still working through it. I wanted to join this forum to bring attention to his group and warn people.

used2bnaf

Re: Hey there
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2013, 10:27:18 pm »
Welcome to the boards.  I left a controlling group 1 year ago this week.  I can share much with you.  It is a long road to wellness, but worth it!  I can also say that 1 year later, I am not done yet.  Be easy on yourself.  Thank you for what you did and your contributions to this forum

used2bnaf

Offline thetruth

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2013, 11:36:40 pm »
Thanks. I know it'll take time. I'm just glad to be out and building a new life.

Offline thetruth

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2013, 11:36:58 pm »
would love to hear anything you have to share.

Offline Otter3

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2013, 12:14:27 am »
Welcome!  I also recently left a group like that.  There are helpful and wise words in the NAFPS forum, so look around. 

used2bnaf

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2013, 01:33:32 am »
Most of my posts are related to my leaving, and the group I was involved with.  If you click my name in the left column, it will go to my profile page.  Under my name on that page, click posts.  It will show you everything i have ever had to say.  Its a good starting point.

Used2bNAF

Epiphany

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2013, 02:01:00 am »
Welcome, glad you are here, glad you are free and can have your life now. Kudos to you for reporting the man.

I got free of a destructive group in the late 80s.

Offline Sparks

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2018, 11:03:00 pm »
I left an abusive & controlling group a few months ago that is led by a New Age-y plastic shaman who's also a licensed LCSW (though I've reported him, so hopefully that won't be true for much longer). I was a part of it for two years, so I'm still working through it. I wanted to join this forum to bring attention to his group and warn people.

Read more here: http://www.newagefraud.org/smf/index.php?topic=3982.msg33896#msg33896