Author Topic: "Level I Shamanic Training" c/o Laura Beann, Sonoma CA  (Read 3954 times)

Offline velveteen

"Level I Shamanic Training" c/o Laura Beann, Sonoma CA
« on: March 01, 2019, 04:27:43 am »
This clinical social worker has trademarked "Psychoshamanic Work(tm)" as her mantle and is offering the following weekend workshop in early March 2019:

Introduction to Shamanic Journeying

Join us for this Two Day Level I Shamanic Training!

Shamans journey with helping spirits to facilitate healing for themselves, for others, and for the planet. Shamanism is a dynamic spiritual path that enables seekers to awaken their innate gifts for perceiving the unseen world. Everyone has helping spirits and can learn to journey to them. This workshop will introduce you to classical shamanic theory and the practical skills of the shamanic journey. You will learn how to access the shamanic realms for information, healing, and blessings.

In this workshop:

~Be introduced foundational theories of classical shamanism.
~Meet benevolent helping spirits who support your growth and wellbeing.
~Learn to journey to the upper, lower, middle, and inner worlds, and other worlds in between.
~Meet your own power animal and learn the art of power animal retrieval to help others connect with their lost power.
Discover you very own place of personal power in non-ordinary reality.
~Gain lots of practice journeying for yourself and on behalf of others, and acquire the skills that will firmly establish your own shamanic spiritual practice.

No experience is necessary to register for this workshop. This course will fulfill the prerequisite for Level II: Intermediate Shamanic Skills Workshops.

This workshop will take place at the charming Lomitas Center in Santa Rosa. Please bring a bag lunch. The Schoolhouse has a fridge, stove, etc. Tea and snacks will be available throughout the day.

$250"

Someone in this Facebook event page asked which tradition of shamanism she follows, and her response was "core shamanism." Other events include a "Vision Quest Journey," "Shamanic Ritual and Attunement," a "Shamanic Recapitulation," and so on.

Offline velveteen

Re: "Level I Shamanic Training" c/o Laura Beann, Sonoma CA
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2019, 02:31:53 pm »
Sorry, I forgot how BBCode works. Here's the event page link: ttps://www.facebook.com/psychoshamanic.work/posts/2238993279486595

Offline Sparks

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2019, 03:03:52 pm »
Someone in this Facebook event page asked which tradition of shamanism she follows, and her response was "core shamanism."

Your link is still not quite correctly formatted and not clickable. I straightened it out and then it looks like this:

https://www.facebook.com/psychoshamanic.work/posts/2238993279486595

I quote briefly from the "About Laura" pop-up at that Facebook page:

Today, Laura is based in Santa Rosa and Sebastopol, California where she provides clinical psychotherapy and Psychoshamanic work™ for individuals and facilitates experiential shamanic training and group retreats.
[…]
Laura’s shamanic training includes Julie M. Kramer’s Three Year Initiation and Professional Training in Essential Shamanism, and she has trained in Spiritual Emergency through Grof Transpersonal Training. Laura is currently enrolled in the Diplomat program with the Association for Comprehensive Energy Psychology (ACEP).

Laura is a member of Association for Comprehensive Energy Psychology (ACEP) and the National Association of Social Workers (NASW).

There is a link in there to her Internet site https://laurabeann.com/:

Psychoshamanic work™ is informed by the ancient and practical wisdom of shamanism and influenced by contemporary spiritual and psychological thinkers such as Stan Grof, MD, and Sandra Ingerman, MFT, to name a few.
[…]
Click here for a free online course with Sandra Ingerman
Click here for a free online course with Stan Grof

Offline velveteen

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2019, 03:35:58 pm »
Hey Sparks, thanks for fixing my *second* broken link (I've had some tea now).

Offline Sparks

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2019, 05:45:37 pm »
https://www.facebook.com/psychoshamanic.work/

In addition to her Facebook Page (above) she has a Facebook profile. Nothing much to see there, though, except links to that FB Page and to her FB Group "Experiential Shamanism" (189 members):

Intro:
• Psychotherapy & Experiential Shamanism at Laura Beann, LCSW
• Lives in Santa Rosa, California
• Manages Laura Beann, LCSW

FB profile of Laura Beann: https://www.facebook.com/psychoshamanic

FB Group by Laura Beann, LCSW: https://www.facebook.com/groups/ExperientialShamanism/

Offline Sparks

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2019, 05:56:01 pm »
In addition … she has a Facebook profile. Nothing much to see there, though, except links … to her FB Group "Experiential Shamanism" …

To get from her FB profile to that group: Click the picture titled "Experiential Shamanism".

(I included a direct link to the group in my previous post.)