Author Topic: Re: Kiesha Crowther - "Little Grandmother"  (Read 1206654 times)

Offline Saga

Re: Re: Kiesha Crowther - "Little Grandmother"
« Reply #750 on: January 12, 2011, 08:39:46 pm »
It seems that the author of the article is questioned himself, someone posted a link in the other place (indybay? or something, too lazy to check up couple pages back :p) where the article is. Maybe they've sent it to the ict as well. (I posted the article forward as well today and was answered that the writer is claimed to be a fraud as well, so there seems to be rumors going on in all corners.) Old "enemies" dragged back to haunt?

All of us are probably imaginary people to some Kiesha supporters tho... :)
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 09:15:32 pm by Saga »

Offline taraverti

« Reply #751 on: January 12, 2011, 08:48:51 pm »

Thanks for that Nona

I cannot claim that the word is used exclusively by Sannyasins / Osho people but they really do love using the word and Osho himself used to use it a lot also, as a google for "Osho" and "juicy" will demonstrate.  There are juicy meditation centres, juicy discos, juicy workshops, juicy everything really.  

Alternatively a word search at http://www.osho.com/Library/Library-Search  of "juicy" (all words all book by occurrence) =

Your Search Term(s) juicy Appears 701 Times on 518 Page(s)

Which I think is quite a lot  ;D

I have only ever heard / read the word used as meaning sexy/ good when listening to / reading Osho related people / stuff but I have probably lead a sheltered life (in some respects at least - in others definitely not) ;)

I would be genuinely interested in the use of the word in that context outside of Osho related sub-cultures.  Languages does change and mutate and this could be an example of that.  Do you live in Sedona or some similar place with many newagers by any chance?

;D Haha, no much worse than that. I am a certified life coach, and I encountered the word during my coaches training.  It is used in this context. “That is a juicy topic.” “ That was a juicy conversation.”  Ie a topic or conversation rich in content and meaning, one that enriches and satisfies and helps forward growth, in a pleasing and positive way. Now I only self defined from hearing it used in context, and there is a huge cross pollinization between the coaching/self development community and the new age/$cam community, so it would not surprise me if some coach learned it from Osho and introduced it to the coaching community or vice versa.

Coaches run the gamut from the hard line business coaches that coach Fortune 500 executives to some of the most airy fairy woo woo people you can imagine. And a lot of folks (like James Arthur Ray) claim to be coaches, but don’t have any real coaching credentials or training. So coaching has a bad name in some circles because of what some folks claiming to be coaches and some coaches have done. But we do have a professional orgainzation that has developed practice and ethics standards. And most coaches are good folk dedicated to helping others define and be their best. A few bad apples, ya know .....

Well this is off topic for this thread, but that’s the answer to your question.

Nona

p.s. it occurs to me that just as sometimes a cigar is just a smoke, sometimes juicy is just a really great adjective. And sometimes it's code .... and now I know to be cautious. Thank you for the new knowledge.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 09:42:36 pm by taraverti »

Offline Defend the Sacred

• Global Moderator
« Reply #752 on: January 12, 2011, 09:44:06 pm »
The article has now been posted many places. It's on Indy Media here: http://www.indybay.org/newsitems/2011/01/11/18668858.php

Saga, after fighting the exploiters for decades, Al has his stalkers. Pretendians and other frauds who've lost their ability to cash in by exploiting Indigenous traditions are not happy with those who expose them. Newagers, racists, appropriators, exploiters and predators that Al has exposed have tried very hard to silence him and get this forum shut down.  See this thread: http://www.newagefraud.org/smf/index.php?topic=1234.0
« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 10:22:48 pm by Kathryn »

Offline Defend the Sacred

• Global Moderator
« Reply #753 on: January 12, 2011, 09:51:17 pm »
Speaking of James Arthur Deathlodge Ray... the new Kiesha videos are by traveling French newager Lilou, who frequently mentions Ray et al's "Law of Attraction". Lilou says on her YouTube page that this whole series of videos, and her life right now, is about the Law of Attraction.

Offline czech

« Reply #754 on: January 12, 2011, 09:54:09 pm »
after fighting the exploiters for decades, Al has his stalkers. Pretendians and other frauds who've lost their ability to cash in by exploiting Indigenous traditions are not happy with those who expose them. Newagers, racists, appropriators, exploiters and predators that Al has exposed have tried very hard to silence him and get this forum shut down. 

Exactly Kathryn, I thought this morning when I read that article that it takes real courage to "take your skin to the market" (Czech saying) and face all the attacks that inevitably follow
« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 10:23:48 pm by Kathryn »

« Reply #755 on: January 12, 2011, 10:00:04 pm »
Speaking of James Arthur Deathlodge Ray... the new Kiesha videos are by traveling French newager Lilou, who frequently mentions Ray et al's "Law of Attraction". Lilou says on her YouTube page that this whole series of videos, and her life right now, is about the Law of Attraction.

Well, quite clearly KC is attracting tons trouble.. what else could you attract with lies and offense? 
« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 10:24:29 pm by Kathryn »
press the little black on silver arrow Music, 1) Bob Pietkivitch Buddha Feet http://www.4shared.com/file/114179563/3697e436/BuddhaFeet.html

Offline Diana

• I Love YaBB 2!
« Reply #756 on: January 12, 2011, 10:05:27 pm »
It seems that the author of the article is questioned himself, someone posted a link in the other place (indybay? or something, too lazy to check up couple pages back :p) where the article is. Maybe they've sent it to the ict as well. (I posted the article forward as well today and was answered that the writer is claimed to be a fraud as well, so there seems to be rumors going on in all corners.) Old "enemies" dragged back to haunt?

All of us are probably imaginary people to some Kiesha supporters tho... :)

This is unbelievable, ICT constantly publishes' articles, letters and op-pieces from questionable people, wannabes and out-right fakes. Again, this is why I cancelled my subscription years ago. They don't fact check anyone, and when a legitimate College Professer posts an article with varifiable facts it's taken down. Unbelievable!!

Lim lemtsh,

Diana 

Offline debbieredbear

• Global Moderator
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #757 on: January 12, 2011, 10:45:19 pm »
wonder if the IRS knows how much money she is raking in? They ALWAYS want their cut!

Offline ska

« Reply #758 on: January 13, 2011, 05:22:31 am »
In a conversation about the word "juicy", Nemesis said

"I cannot claim that the word is used exclusively by Sannyasins / Osho people . . ."

This comment made me want to clarify something, please.

The word "sannyasin" has nothing to do with Osho people or any cult or confusion-based group, except that their usage of this term would be another example of the misappropriation of Hindi and Hindu spiritual practices and beliefs.

In Hindi, "sannyasin" is the term to refer to a renunciate, one who has renounced the material world.  Immersed in spiritual life, the sannyasin is detached from all worldly pursuits and desires.  Many Hindus believe that life unfolds in certain stages, and such detachment is an aspiration.  But no one who understands this way of life would ever refer to themselves in this way.  Only those who are deeply revered are referred to as sannyasin, for example, those we consider saints.

A sannyasin is very unlikely to use the term "juicy".

When I hear, or hear of, an individual calling himself/herself yogi, sannyasin, tantric, sadhu, sadhika, dakini, or even ghandarva (!!! yes, I have even heard this one) it is evidence of this one's lack of sincerity, humility and understanding.  For me, it would be a sure sign that such a person does not possess any esoteric knowledge or even common sense, for that matter.

ska

Offline nemesis

« Reply #759 on: January 13, 2011, 10:17:47 am »
Thanks for the clarification ska

I used the word because it is a word they use to describe themselves and have done since the 80s, although I understand that some of them no longer do.

They even have various website that incorporate the word into the URL, e.g. www.neosannyas.org/ www.sannyas.net www.sannyasnews.com the list goes on.

I think that your point about appropriation is important though and I will not use the term in the future.

Please accept my apologies for any offence caused.

Offline ska

« Reply #760 on: January 13, 2011, 01:45:28 pm »
There is no need to apologize, nemesis, indeed I am glad that you brought this to our attention. 

Those who label themselves as "sannyasin" are only revealing themselves, their hubris and their silliness.  They are playing and putting on a performance, because they lack any real understanding or connection to the ways that they are trying to claim.

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
« Reply #761 on: January 13, 2011, 01:50:31 pm »
It's amazing she can be so flagrant about how much money she's making off of her exploitation. The listings for homes in Santa Fe say the absolute cheapest ones go for $98,000. Much more typical is $200-300,000. A year and a half ago she was a failed artist, now she's buying and furnishing homes that the average Native could never afford.

ICT article is back up. It doesn't surprise me that Crowther's crowd issued empty legal threats to get it pulled at first.
http://www.indiancountrytoday.com/yourict/113392914.html

Offline KrazyKraut

• Psiram
« Reply #762 on: January 13, 2011, 03:01:04 pm »
alas, I think she is relevant for our wiki. Here is my attempt:
Kiesha Crowther (b. 1978), aka ''Little Grandmother'' is an artist and poet from Sanford, Colorado, who claims to be of native american descent. Her website states she has been initiated as shaman at age 30 by a Native American elder and that she is a Wisdom Keeper of the ''tribe of many colors''. However, the details of this story change over time and are adapted to what is exposed. She also performs indigenous ceremonies for cash for a mostly white and european audience, which is similar to asking money for a mass. Further, she engages in the 2012 hype and other New-Age esoterics. Background checks revealed neither she nor any of her ancestors are known in the salish community where she claims to have her roots. She even suggests in one video that she is the returned White Buffalo Calf Woman of Lakota prophecy, a claim sure to outrage the Plains Indian tribes that hold the prophecy sacred.
Her actions are not welcome by the native american community. The salish elders issued a statement as follows:

"The Culture and Elders Committee of the Confederated Salish and Kootenai Tribes of the Flathead Reservation protect the intangible cultural resources of the tribes including language, songs, stories etc.

"No tribal Elders or elders have met with nor do they condone the claims and actions made by Kiesha Crowther.

"She is not their 'shaman', she has no right to claim this title and the Elders and elders of CSKT of the Flathead Reservation would like her to cease and desist immediately from making such false claims that erode the traditions that members of the CSKT Culture and Elders Committee are trying to preserve."

As a poet, Mrs. Crowther claims to have been awarded Poet of the Year in 2003, 2004, and 2005 in separate cities. The “awards” are given out by the International Society of Poets, a pay to publish outfit that will include you in vanity editions for twenty five dollars each.
Further, her website claims she has a veterinary degree. However, its from an online title mill.

References
* http://www.indiancountrytoday.com/yourict/113392914.html
* http://www.newagefraud.org/smf/index.php?topic=2871.780
* http://www.tribeofmanycolors.net
* http://www.artwanted.com/artist.cfm?ArtID=22948&Tab=Bio
http://www.artwanted.com/artist.cfm?ArtID=22948&Tab=Bio

Feel free to critizize and correct. Once we have a stable version, I will translate to german, too. There are no critical german google hits on her, we need to change that.

Offline Peasant

« Reply #763 on: January 13, 2011, 04:10:12 pm »
This is a reply someone made at the topic about KC on the Rick Ross cult education forums:

http://forum.rickross.com/read.php?12,95049,96664#msg-96664

"I emailed Grandfather Alejandro's Shift of the Ages Site a couple of weeks ago,
and the coordinator responded (by email) that Wandering Wolf does not support Kiesha Crowther's teachings,
and that she mentions his name without his permission."

Offline czech

« Reply #764 on: January 13, 2011, 04:47:36 pm »
There are no critical german google hits on her, we need to change that.

There are none in Czech or Slovak, either. We need to change that, too.