Author Topic: "Rainbow Medicine Blanket Council of Clan Mothers"  (Read 9202 times)

Offline taraverti

"Rainbow Medicine Blanket Council of Clan Mothers"
« on: April 12, 2007, 12:01:30 am »
Hello folks,

This is a first post for me although I have read the forum for a while. I am not Indian, have a little ancestry, decided over 30 years ago not to disrespect it by trying to play Indian. Just very privately give respect. Fast forward a few decades, I started reeducating myself and find that what used to be a few badly dressed folks at pow wows has become a friggin' epidemic.

I am wondering if anyone knows anything about the Rainbow Medicine Blanket Council of Clan Mothers representing the Four Directions or Mary Whitefeather Joyce. She is involved in the event below:

http://www.worlddreamspeacebridge.org/drumming/ceremony.htm

Here's part of her bio on the page:

"Mary Whitefeather Joyce is an environmentalist and a fourth-generation Passamaquoddy medicine woman (father's family). Her mother's family includes four generations of Irish psychics. She has been a drummer for women's healing circles for over fifteen years. She received a Certificate of Study in Shamanic Drumming and Healing Wisdom and is a member of the Rainbow Medicine Blanket Council of Clan Mothers representing the Four Directions. She is a member of the Women's Intertribal Council of U.S. and Canada: Keeper of the Environment. Keeper of Tradition. Keeper of the Fifth World of Peace.

I have friends who are dancers and drummers that I dance with (not NDN dancing or drumming) who are thinking about supporting the event and I am having my doubts as to whether it is an appropriate venue because of how dubious this group looks to me. They are opening the event with a "brief Native American ceremony".

I did not find much through Google and knew that this forum would the best place to ask.

Thanks,

Taraverti

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
Re: "Rainbow Medicine Blanket Council of Clan Mothers"
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2007, 02:28:20 pm »
I think your instincts were right.

http://www.cabiz.net/zolaric/carolpetersen.htm
"The Elders and members of the Manataka American Indian Council are proud of Carol Oshe Waheton Perez Petersen and support her special mission of peace to our brothers and sisters of the South.  She has accepted appointment to the Consejo del Saber Oulla (Council of Knowledge) El Alto, La Paz, Bolivia and  Spiritual Elders, Guides y Bridge Beings Council based in South America.   

Petersen has just returned to the United States in late April, after an intensive mission in Argentina, South America.  She was invited to attend the International Re-Gathering of Original Wise People of Abya Yala [Western Hemisphere].  Her mission was accomplished when she returned with a very important letter signed by twenty-one South American spiritual elders who declared Manataka a sacred site.  The letter was accompanied by other declarations concerning the goals and aspirations of the Elder Council drafted during the Gathering.  Petersen also returned to the United States with a gift for Manataka of a beautiful Rainbow Flag used by the pre-Incan Aymaras people of Bolivia.

The Rainbow Medicine Blanket
by Carol Perez Petersen
Dec 4th, 2005
Hello my friends I have been working hard with my Andean Council and I have a message from them.  I apologize for the length of it.  However words be that as they are translate from culture to culture with necessary consideration for interpretation.  May you be blessed upon reading this.
Elk Looks Back

The Rainbow Medicine Blanket 
A galactic message from Carol Perez Petersen
Dedicated to Grand Chief Robert Woableza LaBatte
Please share this message.
I am Carol Perez Petersen a member of the Council of Mystical Knowledge in the tradition of one of the few remaining unbroken environmental portal lineages in the world....
 Register for Blueprinting your Life in Light or  The Crossing Classes. If you can't join us physically join the ONLINE CLASSES including SACRED GEOMETRY.
Maestro Valentin Mejillones Acarapi"

Not a good sign. Manataka is a collection of frauds.

Also at Benny Lebeau's site, http://www.teton-rainbows.com/rainbow_blanket.html

More of this. Some of what she write you have to see to believe, and so silly it's hard not to laugh:

"I honor for you see with your inner eye...You move to a different rhythm which is to the universe inside you...."

The rhythm is gonna get you!

"Global stress is humanities dysfunction of the great law"

I like how humanity became plural. Apparently twinkies are now a new species.

"What is the meaning of time is the question now becoming the pressure cooker of the Golden Age." 

Golden Age pressure cooker? In other words, a stone pot.

"Whereas we are regaining our senses as co creator, we are all about timing."

All about timing. Get rhythm, come on, get rhythm...

"The science in spirituality is to be found in the co creative energies set through super conscious abilities to feel unconditional love at the environmental portals worldwide."

Say that three times really fast.

"The metaphysical healers are at the threshold of discovering relationships akin to the indigenous spiritual medicine elders on Mother Earth."

In other words, twinkies claim they are the new Native elders.

"Ascended mastery spoken by those who guide offer hope through compassionate understanding of relationships."

That'd make more sense if it was a sentence. Needs a verb.

"All feeling our sentient nature is resonant in the awakening of the global heart."

"Your heart rhythm is electrically charged from celestial and atomic radiant waves present in the rainbow."

Does anyone else find themselves saying, "What the Hell...?"

"The electrical charge that romances your heart beat"

So when the romancing is over, will the electrical charge still respect your heart in the morning?

"Heart rhythm connected to sun and planetary radiance is scientific wisdom"

You know, someone wise should at least be able to make sense.

"The Sacred Law of Life."

Or at least write in complete sentences.

"In order to be a warrior/healer you must be cracked open."

Or at least cracked.

"This is based on Hermetic law written by the pyramid makers."

Wait a minute. Hermetic is Greek.

"Many are called but few are willing"

The Few.

The Proud.

The Delusional.

"Those who are adept forged by the fires purification are galactic stewards."

Oh steward! The Andromeda Glaxy would like a pillow and some extra peanuts.

"you must make the choice to discover how to turn on the energy reflex point on the earth"

Maybe try some wine and soft music?

"Elders of Arcane knowledge have looked to the Masters of the Andes for this wisdom."

Arcane? European twinkies are now looking to the Andes.

"I ask that you become your destiny with me as a rainbow warrior/healer"

The old rainbow Warrior bit is pure Nuage, but it began as a speech by a Baptist missionary.

"We Call You           We Call You               We Call You"

And if we don't accept the charges?

"There will be no exchange of money."

That's the first good thing they've said.

"However I pray that those who do go to sacred sites during the year would consider arranging the timing of your journey to follow Earth Mother's timing according to the stone records of Indigenous calendars."

Oh great, send twinkies to disrupt as many ACTUAL Native ceremonies as possible.

"It is important to show up and make the plans to harmonize the rainbow template at the places of power"

Again, what the...?

"INHALE:  Breathe up from the heart of the Earth all the way filling your spinal column"

If air is filling your spinal column, medical science wants to take a look at you! So does Ripley's Believe It Or Not.

"inhale the rainbow from the heart of the heavens."

If you think you can inhale rainbows, you're already inhaling some powerful weed.

"continue as the ascended mastery of healing comes through you to every thought you feel and see for seven times seven....
Make you walk in Beauty and Be the Rainbow"

I'm sorry, I wonder how anyone can take any of this seriously. They've taken every Nuage, silly pseudo-metaphysical cliche there is and added a few catchphrases they've learned about Natives and try to pass themselves off as actual elders.

The only good thing I can see about them is they aren't asking for money. They seem extremely naive, ignorant, silly, and confused, but not deliberately trying to be harmful.

Groups like this make great causes like world peace and fighting global warming look bad. They are all about making themselves feel good and avoiding doing the hard work to make these badly needed efforts come true.

Offline CosmicOppossum

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2008, 09:56:25 pm »
Has anybody checked out this MJ WhiteFeather with the Pasamaquoddy? I doubt that the Pasamaquoddy are associated with the Rainbow Medicine Blanket of Clan Mothers?
She has taken some real good people under her  plastic rainbow wing and has them seduced.
Take care,
   CosmicOppossum
PS A CosmicOppossum is an Appalachian person who left and becamed educated. they have one foot in the hills and one foot in academe. My foot in academe is recently sliding uphill.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2008, 10:26:40 pm by CosmicOppossum »
Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and worries the pig!

clearwater

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2008, 03:34:41 pm »
Hi,

Like Teraverti, I am not a native but am re-educating myself.

To answer Teraverti's question, Mary Joyce Whitefeather has not been with the Rainbow Blanket Medicine Council since April 17, 2007. She did not go or drum at the Drum and Dream for Peace event in June 2007. She had left the RMBC and the site does not list her as a member of the council.

I honor her Passamaquoddy, Miq Maq, and Irish ancestors. Her grandmother taught her a deep reverence for Spirit.  I respect MJW's spirituality and intuition for giving me medically confirmed insights into my own history and health.

Clearwater

Offline CosmicOppossum

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2008, 08:45:39 pm »
Friends of hers have indicated to me that she has a "Shaman Certificate" from Canada? What's that all about? They also say that her elders are in the South East a long way from Canada. They are also not Mic Mac or Passamaquoddy!
   It's confusing. Perhaps Mary is a gifted healer. But, if so why the need for phony credentials like the aforementioned certificate? She chould just be Mary the Healer.

Thanks for the dialogue,
       CosmicOppossum

Offline AnnOminous

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2008, 09:05:16 pm »
Friends of hers have indicated to me that she has a "Shaman Certificate" from Canada?
Suuuuuuuuuure, we have those in Canada.
I heard they sell them in aisle 6--right between the rat traps and the special cheese.

What the heck is wrong with some people?

Offline CosmicOppossum

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2008, 10:24:38 pm »
Since I am acquainted with some Passamquoddy people I've asked them if Mary is a pipecarrier for the Pasamaquoddy Nation. So far nobody has heard of her. That isn't a good sign, but it is not definitive, just scuttlebutt. I tried to phone the Tribal Office today, but kept getting the fax machine. I  used to live in Maine but I'm now in Indiana, so I can't just get the local "skinny" on the situation as I used to be able to. I'll try again tomorrow.
   My guess is that she may or may not have Pasamaquoddy ancestry, but that she is NOT a medicine person in affiliation with that NDN Nation, the one she claims to have heritage with. It comes down to splitting hairs here and it is very easy to play word games that buy status in the Nuage world.
 I do know from a close friend of Mary,  that Mary bought or somehow obtained her Shaman Certificate in Canada, which by definition is bogus. She has been befriended by some purported Native Elders down south who taught her something of unknown value. She was silly enough to affiliate herself with and for a time be a "Clan mother" for a Nuage Rainbow Medicine Blanket.  So far she looks at best naive and gullible with perhaps some healing knowledge/ talent at worst a full blown fake and possible predator.
     You know the sorry thing here is that a fake isn't always obvious or even lacking in sincerity. Often,  they are well intentioned, but we all know that the road to hell , according to Judaeo-Christian tradition is paved with good intentions.
    Take care all,
     CosmicOpossum

Offline CosmicOppossum

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2008, 04:22:19 am »
Was on the wire with folks who know Mary. She is Pasamaquoddy through her Father.
She has no official roll with the Pasamaquoddy in a medicine or spiritual capacity. That acknowledged her ersatz credentials speak for themselves.

Offline Kevin

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2008, 04:08:13 pm »
A shaman certificate? ohhhhhhhh! ahhhhhhh! wowwww! A woman named whitefeather with a shaman certificate, how could I ever doubt such greatness??