Author Topic: Whats up with John Fire Lame Deer?  (Read 7108 times)

Offline alpine cat

Whats up with John Fire Lame Deer?
« on: May 25, 2011, 10:15:40 am »
Hi All,

I found this websites on ceremonies with John Fire Lame Deer charging money for a meeting with him:

http://www.lamedeer.org/john-fire-lame-deer.html
http://www.inipi.info/termine/

What do you think on that?

alpine cat

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
Re: Whats up with John Fire Lame Deer?
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2011, 07:17:19 pm »
Thatd be quite a feat. John Fire Lame Deer died back in the 1970s. This seems to be his grandson or perhaps a great nephew trading on the family name. The kid looks all of 17. Seriously, I doubt hes out of his 20s. Not only ceremony selling, but done by one who couldnt possibly know enough.

Weve had this issue come up before where someone grew up with a father who was a ceremony seller or exploiter. (In this case the father Archie, not the grandfather, John.) If he wanted to give lectures as someone with insight into his famous grandfather thatd be a different thing.

Offline Johnnie

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2011, 10:18:22 pm »
I know these kids, and John has to be in his late twenties by now.  These are the children of Archie Fire who took his father's name Lame Deer after the older John Fire passed away in the mid-1970's.  Josephine is the older daughter.  I lived just a few blocks away from them when they were born and grew up in Santa Barbara.  In the late 1980's Archie and family moved back to South Dakota and bought a house in Sturgis or Spearfish. Archie died in 2001 of complications from diabetes.

Offline WINative

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2013, 02:42:44 pm »
It looks like he is operating mostly out of Europe and running "inipi" ceremonies. I agree, even if he is the grandson and son of medicine men. Has he earned that right? Does that type of power and knowledge easily transfer onto another person?

Offline Defend the Sacred

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2013, 10:01:15 pm »
And, you know, selling ceremony in Europe...