Author Topic: Mojibwemoproblems  (Read 3970 times)

Mojibwemoproblems
« on: February 28, 2015, 12:20:32 am »
Hi everyone,

I found this board some time ago when I googled the name of David Finkle, a known fraud in the Ottawa area who continues to attend community events, claim ancestry, and sell the culture.

I wanted to introduce myself as I'd like to start a thread on Gabrielle V. Fayant, a young woman in Ottawa who claims metis ancestry and began her involvement with the Ottawa indig community at the height of INM. Since then she has proven to be hostile, unreliable, takes credit for the work of others, does as much as she can to get her face and name in the media, and cannot begin to name what community she comes from. Most importantly, her presence and actions has factionalized  the active youth and students in our community into those who will work with her (and thus gain her favour and possibly a job in the group she started -a7g) and those who are critical and skeptical of her motives and will no longer work with her.

As for myself, I identify as an Ojibway man from Wikwemikong but also have Mohawk roots in Tyendinaga, as well as some English ancestry.

Offline debbieredbear

• Global Moderator
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Mojibwemoproblems
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2015, 03:03:45 am »
Welcome and feel free to post about that woman on the "Research Needed" board.

Offline Defend the Sacred

• Global Moderator
Re: Mojibwemoproblems
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2015, 11:48:52 pm »
Welcome, Mojibwe :)