Author Topic: Francine Straight-Arrow  (Read 9247 times)

Laurel

Francine Straight-Arrow
« on: April 08, 2007, 02:43:51 pm »
The local Pagans just luuurve her sweats.  One woman defended them to me by saying Francine does NOT charge for these, she "takes donations."  (The "Shaman Classes" will cost you though.) 

http://www.goodredroad.com/

Laurel

Laurel

Re: Francine Straight-Arrow
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2007, 02:46:23 pm »
Sorry--She doesn't have a price list anywhere on her site, so I don't know whether/what she charges.  I also apologize for posting this here; I meant to put it in the "Research Needed" category. 
« Last Edit: April 08, 2007, 02:55:38 pm by Laurel »

frederica

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2007, 03:16:21 pm »
Francine Guillory (Straight Arrow), MA, LPC, psychotherapist with a MA in Transpersonal Psychology, in private practice for 22 years. Studied Jung, engaged in dream analysis. Claims French/American Indian descent (no specific Nation). Lives in Louisana. Claims to have studied "Native American Elders of Lakota heritage", Leads Sweatlodges, Vision Quests for 22 years. Gives Seminars on Shamanism and Shamanic Healing. Also Sundances?   frederica

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2007, 03:20:51 pm »
If they advertise on the net or charge, those are sure signs of a fraud.

Other tip offs when it comes to her.

No mention of any specfic tribe, but seems to be passing off a generic version of Lakota.

"Francine is a native of Louisiana, is of both French and American Indian descent.  Her teachers are Native American elders of the Lakota Sioux Nation. She has studied with Native American elders of the Lakota Sioux heritage and has led Vision Quest and Sweat Lodge ceremonies for 23 years both in Louisiana and in France.  She draws from inner and outer resources as taught by her Native American elders.
In 1983, Francine Guillory (Straight-Arrow) received a vision on her first Vision Quest.  A spider was weaving a web, connecting many intricate threads. The spider spoke the following:  “My web is a symbol of eternity and unity.  Do as I do and connect people from many different cultures, nationalities, religions, and spiritualities.???  This vision took shape in the form of giving Vision Quests in wilderness areas of Northwest Louisiana in the United States of America.
Francine is a psychotherapist in private practice.  She has Master's degrees in Theology and in Wellness/Transpersonal Psychology."

Yep, spirit really told her, "Take money from twinkies in France."

A vision quest? She looks to be in her 60s. She'd have been about 25-30 years too old to have taken an actual vision quest in 1983. 

Elsewhere she seems to have learned from Jamie Samms' books.

"According to author Jamie Sams in 13 Original Clan Mothers..."

"Spirit animal meditation"?

Selling on Ebay?
http://search.ebay.com/francine-guillory_W0QQfkrZ1QQfnuZ1QQsatitleZQ22francineQ20guilloryQQxpufuZx

Relies on several other frauds for her "advanced" classes.
http://www.goodredroad.com/Shaman%20Class.htm
"The Shaman’s Journey is an advanced class.  It is an in-depth study; and experience of North American, Siberian and Mayan Shamanism...
  Class consists of a total of six sessions...
Suggested reading:
Fools Crow: Wisdom and Power by Thomas Mails
Secrets of the Talking Jaguar by Martin Prechtel"

That photo is comical. Looks more like a Renaissance Fair.

Laurel

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2007, 03:56:10 pm »
I had come to the same conclusions reading the site.  I didn't want to just waltz in and holler fraud! on my second post ever though, because I'm predominantly here to learn.

I left a certain message board over her a couple of years back.  Thanks for the input!

Offline debbieredbear

• Global Moderator
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2007, 06:22:07 pm »
I see she's involved with Kam Lau Nightchase. Wonder if that's her teacher.

frederica

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2007, 11:17:06 pm »
I bellieve you posted something a while back about Nighthorse and "Ghost Dance" Group, and I think it was Nighthorse that had a "vision quest" from this Guillory, but that was the only reference I remember. frederica