Author Topic: Alyssa Barlow AKA Alyssa Alexandria AKA Adisi Waya & Spots of the Fawn  (Read 41857 times)

Offline AlaskaGrl

Ancient Paths of Shastina

http://www.ancientpathsofshastina.com/about-us/

Quote:

"I am only a witness.  A guide along the way, pointing in a direction only you can see.  I am The Watcher, The Spirit of The Path."  (Red Hawk)

I first heard these words when I began "walking the path."  They seemed to come from everywhere-- the animals, the rocks, the plants, the wind.  The land is alive with spirit, if you experience this as I have, you'll never be the same.

The rock walls here, in Shastina, have been said to have been built by Pioneers, Native Americans, the Chinese, The Portuguese, Otherworldly Beings and everything in between.  The truth is, no one really knows, though they've been clearly venerated and utilized by past Indigneous Peoples for hundreds, if not thousands of years.

There is something mysterious and special going on here.

Many days and nights, I have grappled with revealing these places to the rest of the world.  My goal is to see them protected.  Without notariety to put a name to them, they are at risk of desecration as the world moves forward without notice of their presence.  I walk a fine line with a great responsibility.  But my feeling is they have a job to do.  Their purpose-- to strengthen and uplift us, even change us into awake and compassionate human beings-- better guardians of each other and the Earth.

I know in my life, this has been so.

During these extremely troubled times of both spiritual and physical upheaval, everyone needs to find the peace that can be experienced through the Loving Earth and a connection with The Cosmos. It is my fondest hope that I can be there, "be there," as a loving witness to others seeking this. I am not The Healer, I am not The Wise Woman, I am not The Shaman-- as Red Hawk says: "I am only The Watcher, The Guide along the path."

Walk in beauty,

Alyssa Alexandria RunsWithWolves

An experienced hiker, Alyssa was raised with wilderness awareness by a family of outdoorsmen with Indian sensibilites.  Born of Modoc lineage on her paternal side and a descendent of naturalist John Muir on her maternal, her love of wild and open spaces has kept her close to the land all her life.  Her brother, Tom, still holds family land at Witchepec, located in the Hoopa Valley Indian Reservation.

Witchepec; 1978, Grandfather Den's cabin.
>IMAGE<

Alyssa has CPR and extensive first aid training and carries GPS and cellular for any emergency needs.

Every precaution is taken for your safety and peace of mind. 

(art credit; The Crow/Kirby Sattler)   """""""

RED HAWK EXPERIENCE

http://www.ancientpathsofshastina.com/red-hawk-experience/

""""DETAILS:  The guest will recieve a Sage blessing and relaxing guided meditation.  After, a trail brunch of fruit and cheese will be enjoyed along with "story talk" as we take in the breath taking views and Mount Shasta's infamous Great Vortex energy.

This experience can also be scheduled for sunrise.

Red Hawk is a 3 hour experience; 150.00 US per person.  There is a three person limit due to the nature of the site. Sage blessing, guided meditation and brunch included.

Items not to forget:  Good hiking shoes/boots, bottled water, sunscreen and hat, warm jackets in Fall and Winter. *Backpacks and hiking sticks are necessary yet provided by request if needed. """""

DIAMOND HEAD AND WINDWALKER EXPERIENCE

http://www.ancientpathsofshastina.com/diamond-head-and-windwalker-ex/

"""
Diamond Head and Windwalker; full day, 8am-5pm/brunch and lunch, sage blessing and guided meditation included.  225.00 US single guest, 110.00 US for two guests, 90.00 US for three or more guests.

DETAILS:

Upon arrival at Diamond Head's peak, enjoy a sage blessing and relaxing guided meditation, followed by Brunch and "story talk."

There are many petroforms and ancient structures to peruse here, while dowsers can enjoy the unique energy signatures.  A brief history of the area as well as its indigenous plants and animals is presented.

The journey continues, following the ancient walls and petroforms down into the small valley below.  Bring your cameras as this is home to the legend of "Blue Spirit."

Lunch with "Blue Spirit."

Then, the climb to Windwalker's crest (optional) to meet its guardian; a small stone effigy of The Windwalker. Those who wish to relax and not make the climb are free to enjoy the beauty of "the high meadow," overlooking the hillsides which are filled with the ancient walls cascading across the landscape.

Items required:  Backpack, water, walking stick, season dictating-- warm jacket.  Sunscreen and hat and in Summer, insect repellent.  For those without packs or walking sticks-- please inquire and they will be provided for you.

Don't forget your camera!

Comfortable hiking boots are a "must."  This is a low impact, paced hike, yet it is all day.  Untested hiking boots can ruin an experience so make sure to come prepared.""""

Ancient Paths of Shastina - The Law

http://www.ancientpathsofshastina.com/the-law/

"""""""
http://www.nps.gov/history/local-law/FHPL_ArchRsrcsProt.pdf

http://www.nps.gov/nagpra/mandates/index.htm

The desecration of any area with sacred significance or the removal of any objects related to it is illegal and comes with stiff penalites.  It is also an insult to the spiritual foundation of Native Peoples and the "Spirits of Place."  Please remember never to touch rock stacks or remove items you may find on the trail.

With deepest respect, we ask you follow these rules while spending time with us at Ancient Paths of Shastina.  Remember, you may not "see" the spiritual world, but it "sees" you.

With deepest gratitude in advance for your co-operation,

APOS

« Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 04:35:04 pm by educatedindian »

Offline Pono Aloha

Re: Alyssa Barlow AKA Alyssa Schott AKA Alyssa Alexandria AKA Adisi Waya
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2012, 03:13:04 am »
The picture on their website is the discredited image used by Johnny Depp to inspire his Tonto outfit. http://gawker.com/5906868/johnny-depps-tonto-is-based-on-a-white-mans-painting-of-an-imaginary-native-american

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2012, 12:25:13 pm »
Alexandria says she is of "Modoc lineage." On other websites she says her father was Modoc, but doesn't call herself that. Her ideas seem pretty mixed. Guided meditation is from some kinds of psychology. And her big influence seems to be Carmen Boulter.

Boulter is pretty out there. She and Alexandria both believe in Atlantis and that ancient Egyptians had higher technology than modern people. She also pushes the 2012 hoax...but with ancient Egyptians. Sells spiritual tourism trips to Egypt.
http://www.pyramidcode.com/Trip121212.html
And has made a documentary.
http://www.pyramidcode.com/About.html

Alexandria seems to have also gotten some ideas about "Yugas" from this guy, Joseph Selbie. Instead of thinking logically that the strcutures on mt Shasta were built by Natives, she goes on about Chinese and Portuguese and "Yugas", supposed ancient Hindus who could read minds.
http://binaryresearchinstitute.org/cpakonline/content/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=79&Itemid=37

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2012, 12:42:18 pm »
Boulter often touts her phd. But it's not in archaelogy, anthropology, or history. It's in education. Training secondary teachers doesn't exactly make her an expert on Egypt.

A nice debunking of Boulter, Alexandria's guru.

-------
http://blog.cratchit.org/2011/10/why-do-i-do-this-to-myself-at-beginning.html
Dr. Carmen Boulter has the kind of Ph.D. that renders all scholarship suspect and the most outlandish of folk tales credible... in other words, the practically worthless kind. Whether it be giant quartz "crystals" (Dr. Boulter hasn't bothered to pay attention to anyone who can tell her the difference between a crystal and a rock) that act as giant vibrational warm-fuzzy transmitters, or nuggets of esoteric physics like, "sunlight on water... that is energy," Dr. Boulter hasn't met a scientific theory she wouldn't like to replace with a hearty helping of woo.

One thing that's particularly distracting is her love affair with the phrase "Band of Peace", which she apparently uses to refer to the fertile Nile river valley. Do a little experiment for yourself. Using Google, try searching for the phrase "Band of Peace", excluding the name of her program. Here's the search term, and a link for you. I'm excluding only the verbatim phrase "The Pyramid Code"
"Band of Peace" -"The Pyramid Code"

See anything about Egypt or the Nile in what's left? Right. What these results tell me is that she promoting the hell out of a phrase she dug out of her butt. In fairness, she might have dug it out of somebody else's butt... maybe Hakim's. Either way, the constant repetitions give the viewer the distinct impression that if this program does nothing whatsoever but make this moniker stick, then Boulter will have won her own little private Nobel Prize. It's totally in keeping with her trend of replacing any hard science she may find with shit she made up.

The series makes copious use of Abd'El Hakim Awyan, though it didn't do him many favors. Hakim was a doctor in his own right, yet was credited "Indigenous Wisdom Keeper". Not so great for his credibility, but a damn cool title, nonetheless. I'm so going to have that put on a business card. Hakim brings just the right amount of down-home folklore, but is clearly out of his depth when discussing anything to do with physics. The "sunlight on water" quote above is his.

Hakim makes much of the fact that the Khemetic language had no word for "death" and thus the ancient Egyptians could not have been obsessed with death, despite all the pyramids, mummies, tombs, temples, mustabas, etc. Of course, he says that just before he relates the word for death ("they called it 'Westing', as in 'going to the West'). To be sure, the same "no word for death" claim can and has been said of the Teutonic languages; and English-speaking Christians have a score of words for death, and still believe in resurrection. Also, the origins of words often have only a vague connection to contemporary usage; for instance, a person may collect a "salary", though it's been 2,000 years since Roman soldiers were actually paid in salt. So it was unclear to me what this is supposed to prove. Then came my answer.

"The Egyptians obviously had a very different world view from ours today. They believed in the afterlife and the soul's immortality."

Suddenly I understood why Boulter and co. were having so much difficulty with the subject, and it made me very sad. I then sat through the rest of the episode watching their "scientists" treat with utmost credibility the notion that the ancient Egyptians had a physical means of attaining what the archaeologists themselves reject in their everyday lives. These beliefs are common in today's culture. I thoroughly understand being an atheist. I don't understand in the slightest being so blind to the world around you that you don't see the parallels in what you're studying and the millions of people for whom a central portion of this worldview has persisted to the present day. How was it possible for them to be so perplexed?  

That question carries forward just in general. I watched the section on reading hieroglyphs with a sincere desire to shout at the screen, "would you stop acting stupid and just present the information?!" Look, if you've got 4,000 hieroglyphs and only 26 letters, it's not a news flash to say that there's not a 1 to 1 correspondence between glyphs and letters. With that number of glyphs, it's pretty safe to assume that we're not talking about a syllabary either. Rather, you're going to have a concept per glyph, as in Chinese. None of this was news even before the Rosetta Stone was discovered. So why does Boulter pretend that this is a revolutionary new understanding of hieroglyphs?

Perhaps she's led astray by Laird Scranton, a computer programmer and amateur anthropologist who, starting from an observation by others that the Dogon people of Africa believed the star Sirius had a companion star, leaped to the conclusion that all of Dogon cosmology is scientifically brilliant, and that their rock paintings of water and eggs and grain should be interpreted as describing quantum mechanics as opposed to, say, a recipe for cake. He estimates the science of their ancients to be at least 50 years in advance of our own... which has enabled them to build mud huts and paint rocks. I weep for our children of 50 years hence. The forward of Scranton's book, Sacred Symbols of the Dogon, lays out his qualifications... hey, he's a software designer! Computers have symbols! Hieroglyphics are symbols! Therefore he's an expert. You can't argue with that kind of logic.

Don't get the idea that there's absolutely nothing of value in this series. There are bits of real scientific information embedded in the video, particularly when Dr. Boulter is not on-screen. I actually feel sorry for the legitimate scientists who share the screen here and there. And I suppose there's some entertainment value in cataloging the myriad forms of woo that appear here. Sadly, the signal-to-noise ratio is so poor that I can't recommend the show to anyone as an introduction to the subject of Egyptology. Get familiar with the subject first, then come back and see what you can pick out.

---------
Another debunking of Boulter.

http://www.2012hoax.org/the-pyramid-code
The Pyramid Code
What is it?
The Pyramid Code is a five-episode documentary series about how the Egyptians really had high technology, knew about 2012, and actually lived tens of thousands of years before Egyptologists say they did. The whole thing is basically a platform for Carmen Boulter (who never forgets to put a Ph.D in front of her name so you know she's a super-serious authority on the subject, though for some reason we're never actually told what her Ph.D is in) and a bunch of other woo-woos to share their new ages hypotheses. As is common with new agers, it soon becomes apparent that they don't actually understand any of the religions or cultures they claim support their views.

Debunking some of their claims
 ?The pyramids are not at the center of the Earth's landmass.

?This one should be obvious: if the Egyptians really had advanced technology, why don't we find it among their stuff? If they were actually using lightbulbs, we should find old, used lightbulbs, not just pictures in one pyramid. Where are the remains of the lasers they supposedly cut those holes with?

?The reason no mummies are found in pyramids is because they were moved to more secure/hidden tombs later on to protect them from grave robbers. Furthermore, parts of a mummy were found in a pyramid.

?They act as if nobody wants to consider the possibility that the pyramids weren't built by slaves. In fact, it's common knowledge among reputable Egyptologists these days that the pyramids were not built by slaves. In fact, the tombs of the pyramid builders have been found. About the only people who cling to the belief that the pyramid builders were slaves are those who insist the pyramids were built by the Hebrews - a claim which even the Bible does not make.

?The "helicopters" and "planes" were caused by overlapping hieroglyphs.

?They cite the Baghdad Battery as evidence of the ancient Egyptians having electricity. In fact, the Baghdad battery was a late ancient/early Medieval artifact, newer than the pyramids by millennia. Furthermore, it was found in Baghdad, not Egypt.

?The pyramids are not "in the middle of the continent."

?The lack of soot in the pyramids does not require artificial lighting to explain. They would easily be able to do it in the sunlight by putting in the writings and illustrations before building the next floor.

?After talking about the pyramids being some kind of conductor/generator, they show photos of orbs, then mention that they're "often written off as dust particles in the air, but that does not change the fact that they seem to occur more often in particular places at particular times." Then one of their talking heads goes on about how he took flash photos at some places in Tikal, and they showed up in the areas that were more electrically charged. In fact, it has been demonstrated beyond any reasonable doubt that orbs are nothing more than motes of dust or water illuminated by a camera's flash. If one pyramid had more orbs than another, it would have been due to dustiness. If an ambient electrical charge had anything to do with it, why aren't photos of electrical substations chock full of orbs? (For the record, electrical substations lose enough energy into the air that you can feel it when you get close to them.)

?In episode three, they claim that the ancient Egyptians had a different worldview from us because they believed in the immortal soul. In fact, belief in the soul or an afterlife of some kind is still the dominant view today.

?They try to make it sound like the Egyptians were unique even in their own day for their beliefs about the soul and afterlife. Aside from the concept of a good afterlife for the good people and punishment for the wicked… not really. The idea that the soul outlives the body predates the Egyptians and was found in many cultures.

?The idea of words working as acronyms is not at all foreign to scholars, as the film implies. They're called pictograms and ideograms, and Egyptologists know full well that the Egyptian writing system is full of them.

?One of the talking heads says that the Egyptian word for "year" really means "time of orbit around the sun." They provide no evidence for this. Keep in mind that we are talking about a culture who envisioned the sun as being pushed across the sky by Ra in the form of a giant dung beetle, or a barge sailed by Ra. The Egyptians were unequivocally geocentrists, like everyone else at the time.

?This article deals with the actual religious beliefs of the Dogon as compared to what some people think the Dogon believe.

?At the beginning of the fourth episode, the narrator asks "how can we unlock the code embedded in every object they made?" Every object?

?One of the talking heads claims that we see a lot of matriarchal cultures if we go back far enough. This is based on a presence of female and goddess statues. Unfortunately, female and goddess statues do not imply matriarchy. Take the ancient Greeks, for example - they had plenty of goddesses and loved them dearly, but they were still extremely misogynist.

?It seems unlikely that a matriarchal society, which they claim Egypt was, would have such a high percentage of male rulers.

?They refer to the Hindu beliefs that humans were far more spiritual in a long-ago era. This is true - they do say they that. They also say a lot of other things that would be harder to swallow: like the belief that when humans were at their most spiritual (the Satya Yuga) they were also somewhere around thirty feet tall and lived 100,000 years. Of course, this is left out of the series.

?The whole "feminine = right brain, masculine = left brain" thing is just New Age nonsense.

?Their list of "masculine" vs. "feminine" traits is absurd. For one, ritual and dogma go hand-in-hand and are not in any way opposites. Science and art aren't opposites, either, any more than apple and rectangle are opposites. If anything, dogma and science are much better opposites. The whole thing is nothing more than sexist nonsense and new age dogma.

?Carmen Boulter calls reading, writing, and arithmetic "masculine" and art and music "feminine," which is more sexist new age nonsense. And where does she get the idea that modern people don't think art and music are important? (In my experience it's WAY more popular than science and whatnot. Our society is unbalanced, all right - in the favor of anti-intellectual turds who think we need to "stand up to those experts.")

?The so-called wisdom keeper claims that the red part of the Egyptian crown symbolizes the womb and placenta, and the white part is the thymus. In fact, the white and red crown was a composite of two different crowns: the white crown worn by the king of Upper Egypt, and the red crown worn by the king of Lower Egypt. When the kingdoms were united, the crowns were merged. The "wisdom-keeper" is either mislead by his teachers, or he's lying through his teeth.

?The flail and crook are agrarian, not biological symbols. The flail and crook symbolize that the pharaoh is respectively provider of food for and shepherd of his people. More information here.

?The pineal gland controls hormones. It has nothing to do with stimulating the evolution of higher states of consciousness (whatever that's supposed to mean) or psychic powers. (The Chernobyl kids who had mutated pineal glands had growth disorders, not out-of-control psychic powers!)

?The Ceremony of the Weighing of the Heart did not happen "in the moments after death." It happened only after the soul managed to navigate a treacherous and dangerous journey through the underworld.

?Carmen Boulter claims that the moral of the Weighing of the Heart was that you have to be light of heart to live well. More New Age fluff. The Weighing of the Heart was essentially Judgement - sin caused the heart to be weighed down, and if the heart wasn't as light as the Feather of Maat (Truth), the soul would be punished by some type of torture ala The Divine Comedy or annihilation.

?The documentary tries to make it out like the only reason Egypt reverted to its old ways of religion after the deaths of Nefertiti and Akhenaten was because of the meanie-weenie greedy patriarchal priests. In fact, the former king and queen had tried to replace Egypt's polytheistic religion with monotheism. The Egyptians did not appreciate having their beloved traditional beliefs outlawed and replaced.

?King Tutankhamun did not die, as they claim, of a blow to the head, but of a leg fracture complicated by infection and malaria. King Tutankhamun was a very unhealthy individual and likely needed a cane to walk, so it wouldn't have taken much to kill him. The damage to the skull was incurred post-mortem, possibly by poor handling of the body. (Article.)

?Aside from the fact that the evidence does not point to King Tutankhamun being murdered by the meanie-weenie greedy patriarchal priests, they would have had no motive: Tutankhamun restored Egypt's traditional religious practices.

?In the fifth episode, the narrator rhetorically asks why we consider civilization to be about 6000 years old. That's a young Earth creationist view, which is a fringe belief, not a mainstream belief. Researchers have discovered signs of civilization older than 6000 years, and they don't hide it.

?A talking head claims that scholars try to minimize the age of Egypt because it fits better with the current paradigm of history, and that their current paradigm is that 5000 years ago, man was hunter-gatherer. Uh, no. It's generally agreed that the age of agriculture started around 10,000 years ago. (Though not everyone switched to an agrarian lifestyle at that time.)

?The narrator points out (correctly) that carbon 14 dating can only be used on organic samples. Then she says that simply touching an organic sample contaminates it. Apparently, only people like those who made this documentary are aware of this fact and the Egyptologists who use C14 dating are completely unaware that each and every sample from Egypt has been contaminated by their ignorant fumblefingers. Really, arguments against traditional dating don't get much more pathetic than this. Scientists know how to account for possible contaminants or other things that would give false results. The idea that each and every sample ever tested just happens to be fatally contaminated is beyond silly.

?The theory of evolution does not "make it unacceptable to admit that a culture that lived long, long before us knew something that we don't know." It doesn't. The theory of evolution only deals with biological organisms, not societies and cultures. (Boulter's assertion probably comes from the misconception that the theory of evolution says life is always getting better and more advanced.)

?They point out that in 550 BC, a bunch of great teachers appeared, like Buddha and Zoroaster. Aside from the fact that you can find great teachers all over the place, Zoroaster's exact time isn't known.

?They try to shoehorn the yugas into the 26,000-year cycle they claimed the Mayans knew about; however this is absurd: one yuga cycle lasts 4,320,000 years. That's four million, three hundred and twenty-thousand years. There is no such thing as a "26,000 year yuga cycle" as she later claims.

?There's no evidence that the Mayans believed in a 26,000 year cycle of any kind.

?A talking head talks about how ancient cultures all talk about how things were so much better way back when and how things are getting worse and worse. Two words: nostalgia filter.

?A talking head claims that the only one of the signs that looks vaguely like what it's supposed to is Leo. This is false and misleading: first of all, Scorpio
looks like a scorpion. If I remember right, different cultures include or disclude different stars, and some astronomers dropped some of them. Furthermore, he's assuming that each and every constellation was intended to look like a literal picture of what it was named after.

?"Instead of rote memorization of facts, what would happen if today's society was taught to expand their capacity to know?" For those who don't know, this "knowing" business is what Stephen Colbert called "truthiness."

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2018, 04:08:29 pm »
Got a request. Blond woman claiming to be Cherokee and Yurok and supposedly teaching Hopi, Modoc, and Klamath ways.

-------
https://www.spotsofthefawn.com/about/
SPOTS OF THE FAWN WEBSITE  is a personal memoir as well as a cursory look at a documented study of a prehistoric sacred site, known as a ceremonial way. While scouting, photographing and mapping this location over a period of 8 years,  the author began to experience what is known to the mainstream as "the paranormal."

....The Hopi called them Spots of the Fawn.

....Vision questing is an ancient method of altering one's state of consciousness and becoming visionary in order to perceive "the spirits."

....It is the author's feeling that while working in the site now known as Severed Hand, she experienced involuntary altered states of consciousness.

....My name, Adisi Waya, translates to "Running Wolf" in Tsalagi. I was not raised in a Christian household.  I was raised in a modern world devoid of religion by one half of my family, and in a traditional Yurok world every summer with my Grandfather in Wecpus/Weitchpec on the shores of The Klamath River.   

A mixed blood, I am both white and First Nations. I am Cherokee Aniyunwiya by blood and Yurok, Pue-liklo’ or “Down-River-Indian,” by family ties.  I was schooled at a young age in wilderness tracking and awareness by a Modoc family friend, as well as schooled in the tradition of “Crying for Luck,” what the mainstream calls vision questing, from an indigenous Klamath perspective by my Grandfather.

....In 1830-1850 my Rhea County TN Aniyunwiya ancestors walked the Trail of Tears to Oklahoma and then traveled across the continent to reach the Northwest coast. There they found themselves on what is now the Hoopa Valley Reservation, embraced by Karuk, Yurok, Modoc, Hupa and other indigenous Klamath peoples. They settled within a tiny pocket of Northwest people, the Yurok, who just like the Eastern tribes and the Aniyunwiya, thousands of miles away, also spoke a variation of the ancient Algonquin language.  My family still holds land on the river at the foot of Bald Hills.

Spending time in the Klamath area my childhood was filled with stories, teachings and legends.  It was also filled with archaeology and ancient Pre-Contact traditional structures used for vision questing, "crying for luck" and medicine making...

I am not a degreed archaeologist or anthropologist; I am not a scientist. I possess a mere seventh grade math level at best. 

....Today, you can find me on the border of Pinchot-Gifford National Forest, with my two dogs, as I care for my 90 year old mother, a great-grand-niece of naturalist, author, and conservator John Muir.

....I do not study or practice any native cultural aspects outside that which I have family ties to. I practice medicine making, or doctoring, in a traditional way. It is an indigenous version rooted firmly in my own culture of which I have inherited; my birthright.

....I do not charge in any way for my writing, my experiences, medicine making, or knowledge.  It is my personal feeling that these gifts cannot be sold. All proceeds from this book will be donated to tribal foundations.

Piff

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2018, 12:09:38 am »
Her full name is Alyssa Alexandria Jane Barlow. She is a trustee of the Thomas D Barlow Jr and Donna M Barlow Trust of 1992, which involves land in Skamania county, WA.

She has past married surnames. But in the trust documents of 2017, she is Alyssa Alexandria Jane Barlow.

Born in 1959, Sonoma CA.

Piff

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2018, 02:45:23 am »
THOMAS BARLOW: [CITY Edition]
Tesconi, Tim. The Press Democrat; Santa Rosa, Calif. [Santa Rosa, Calif]19 Aug 2005: B2.

Thomas Denman Barlow Jr., a descendant of pioneer Sonoma County ranching families and, for many years, a prominent apple processor in Sebastopol, died Monday at his home in Sebastopol. He was 80.

Barlow was diagnosed with esophagal cancer in July.

An astute businessman, Barlow operated the Barlow Co. for more than 50 years. The company produced applesauce and juice under the Barlow label at the landmark site at the east entrance to Sebastopol.

The Barlow Co. was one of two surviving apple processors in western Sonoma County as the once mighty apple industry declined from 20,000 acres at its peak to 3,000 acres today. Barlow went out of business in 2004.

Even when he was in his late 70s, Barlow showed up at the apple processing plant every day to oversee operations, a routine that ended with the sale of the plant. The facility now processes high- end food products for Santa Rosa-based Summerfield Foods.

"The apple processing company was his life. He hardly ever took a day off from work because he was so dedicated to his business," said his wife of 59 years, Donna Barlow of Sebastopol.

The Barlows were high school sweethearts at Analy High School. Barlow was drafted into the Army after high school, serving in Europe during World War II. He served with the Lost Battalion and was awarded a Purple Heart for bravery.

The Barlows were married in 1946.

Barlow was born Feb. 22, 1925, in Sebastopol, the son of Thomas Denman Barlow and Grace Meeker Barlow. The Barlows grew apples and were early leaders in the apple industry. Barlow's father and uncle developed the first processing plant in Sebastopol to market fresh, frozen, dehydrated and canned apples, as well as cider and vinegar.

In 1948, Barlow started his own apple processing company in partnership with his sister, Charlotte Barlow O'Brien. He continued to own and operate the company after his sister's retirement. Barlow's son, Thomas D. Barlow III, later worked in the family business, which included making products for private labels and the Barlow brands.

For many years, Barlow was active in industry organizations that promoted Sebastopol apples, including the Sebastopol Apple Growers Association and the Gravenstein Apple Coordinating Council.

Barlow didn't believe in joining service clubs but quietly helped his company's employees or people in the community who needed assistance. He was a member of the Veterans of Foreign Wars and served a term on the Sonoma County grand jury.

In addition to his wife, he is survived by his son Thomas Barlow of Sebastopol; daughters Gayle Howard of Sebastopol and Alyssa Barlow; seven grandchildren and two great-grandchildren.

I'm relatively confident that this is our Alyssa. She currently is taking care of her mother Donna in WA state and I can see in public records that they are a family with money.

I believe this is her:
"You can't predict nature, no matter how long you've been in the business," says Alyssa Barlow Shott, co-owner of the Barlow Company processing plant in Sebastopol.

The Press Democrat; Santa Rosa, Calif. [Santa Rosa, Calif]15 Aug 1997: B.1.  That is one of her married names, found in public records, same birthdate.

She refers to "Grandpa Den" https://www.spotsofthefawn.com/about/ - her grandfather was Thomas Denman Barlow Sr.

Piff

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2018, 03:16:38 am »
I've confirmed all this in a unique fashion, never experienced this in research before. She has location and animal photos on her web site.
These match photos on a real estate site, which confirms a current address, and that leads to confirmation of her name.

Offline Diana

• I Love YaBB 2!
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2018, 01:13:39 am »
Here's Alyssa's father's side of the family. The side she claims her Indian blood. I have gone back as far as 1837 and they are all white.

Thomas D Barlow
 in the 1930 United States Federal Census
VIEW 1930 United States Federal Census

Name:   Thomas D Barlow
Birth Year:   abt 1925
Race:   White
Birthplace:   California
Marital Status:   Single
Relation to Head of House:   Son
Home in 1930:   Analy, Sonoma, California, USA
Map of Home:   View Map
Dwelling Number:   89
Family Number:   89
Attended School:   Yes
Father's Birthplace:   California
Mother's Birthplace:   California

Household Members:   
Name   Age
Thomas D Barlow   28
Grace E Barlow   26
Charlotte L Barlow   6
Thomas D Barlow   5

Thomas D Barlow
in the 1930 United States Federal Census

Birth Year:   abt 1902

Marital Status:   Married
Relation to Head of House:   Head
Home Owned or Rented:   Owned
Radio Set:   Yes
Lives on Farm:   Yes
Age at First Marriage:   23
Attended School:   No
Able to Read and Write:   Yes

Able to Speak English:   Yes
Industry:   Fruit and Dairy
Class of Worker:   Employer
Employment:   Yes
Household Members:   
Name   Age
Thomas D Barlow   28
Grace E Barlow   26
Charlotte L Barlow   6
Thomas D Barlow   5

Grace E Barlow
the 1930 United States Federal Census

Name:   Grace E Barlow
Birth Year:   abt 1904

Relation to Head of House:   Wife
Homemaker?:   Yes
Age at First Marriage:   21
Able to Read and Write:   Yes

Able to Speak English:   Yes
Household Members:   
Name   Age
Thomas D Barlow   28
Grace E Barlow   26
Charlotte L Barlow   6
Thomas D Barlow   5

Offline Diana

• I Love YaBB 2!
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2018, 01:41:36 am »
Here are the great grandparents. Thomas D. Barlow Sr.'s father died in 1904 so he does not show up in the 1910 census. But I will include his death notice. Also the 1900 census before Thomas D Barlow born. They are all white.

Thomas D Barlow
in the 1910 United States Federal Census
VIEW 1910 United States Federal Census

Age in 1910:   8
Birth Year:   abt 1902
Home in 1910:   Analy, Sonoma, California
Street:   Accidental & Laula Rosa Road
Mother's name:   Laura E Barlow
Native Tongue:   English
Able to Read:   Yes
Able to Write:   Yes
Neighbors:   View others on page
Household Members:   
Name   Age
Laura E Barlow   40
Mary E Barlow   18
Annie M Barlow   16
Warren L Barlow   14
Laura L Barlow   12
Thomas D Barlow   8
Wilber J Barlow   6

Laura E Barlow
in the 1910 United States Federal Census

Name:   Laura E Barlow
Age in 1910:   40
Birth Year:   abt 1870
Home in 1910:   Analy, Sonoma, California
Street:   Accidental & Laula Rosa Road
Marital Status:   Widowed
Father's Birthplace:   Tennessee
Mother's Birthplace:   Missouri

Native Tongue:   English
Industry:   Fruit
Employer, Employee or Other:   Employer
Home Owned or Rented:   Own
Home Free or Mortgaged:   Mortgaged
Farm or House:   Farm
Able to Read:   Yes
Able to Write:   Yes
Number of Children Born:   6
Number of Children Living:   6
Household Members:   
Name   Age
Laura E Barlow   40
Mary E Barlow   18
Annie M Barlow   16
Warren L Barlow   14
Laura L Barlow   12
Thomas D Barlow   8
Wilber J Barlow   6

Thomas Edgar Barlow
in the U.S., Find A Grave Index, 1600s-Current

Name:   Thomas Edgar Barlow
Birth Date:   2 Feb 1867
Birth Place:   Two Rock, Sonoma County, California, United States of America
Death Date:   23 Aug 1904
Death Place:   Santa Rosa, Sonoma County, California, United States of America
Cemetery:   Santa Rosa Odd Fellows Cemetery
Burial or Cremation Place:   Santa Rosa, Sonoma County, California, United States of America
Has Bio?:   Y
Father:   Solomon Quimby Barlow
Mother:   Elizabeth J. Barlow
Spouse:   Laura Ellen Barlow
Children:   Thomas Denman Barlow
Laura Louise Fehrensen
URL:   http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-...

Thomas E Barlow

in the 1900 United States Federal Census
VIEW 1900 United States Federal Census

Name:   Thomas E Barlow
Birth Date:   Feb 1867
Home in 1900:   Analy, Sonoma, California
House Number:   362
Sheet Number:   16
Number of Dwelling in Order of Visitation:   359
Family Number:   366
Spouse's Name:   Laura E Barlow
Marriage Year:   1891
Years Married:   9
Father's Birthplace:   New York
Mother's Birthplace:   New York

Can Read:   Yes
Can Write:   Yes
Can Speak English:   Yes
House Owned or Rented:   O
Home Free or Mortgaged:   M
Farm or House:   F
Household Members:   
Name   Age
Thomas E Barlow   33
Laura E Barlow   30
Mary E Barlow   8
Annie M Barlow   6
Warren L Barlow   4
Laura L Barlow   2

Offline Diana

• I Love YaBB 2!
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2018, 02:24:20 am »
Here are the GG parents in the 1880 census. We are now all the way back to the 1830s and I'm not going to go any further. GGG parents are from New York, Iowa, Pennsylvania and Ohio. All white

Thomas E. Barlow

in the 1880 United States Federal Census
VIEW 1880 United States Federal Census

Name:   Thomas E. Barlow
Birth Date:   Abt 1867

Home in 1880:   Petaluma, Sonoma, California, USA
Street:   Howard
House Number:   211
Dwelling Number:   341
Father's name:   Soloman Q. Barlow
Mother's name:   Louisa E. Barlow
Mother's Birthplace:   Iowa
Household Members:   
Name   Age
Soloman Q. Barlow   43
Louisa E. Barlow   38
Eva R. Barlow   19
Annie D. Barlow   14
Fannie D. Barlow   14
Thomas E. Barlow   13
Libbie L. Barlow   10

Soloman Q. Barlow

Name:   Soloman Q. Barlow

Birth Date:   Abt 1837
Birthplace:   New York
Relation to Head of House:   Self (Head)
Spouse's Name:   Louisa E. Barlow
Mother's Birthplace:   New York

Household Members:   
Name   Age
Soloman Q. Barlow   43
Louisa E. Barlow   38
Eva R. Barlow   19
Annie D. Barlow   14
Fannie D. Barlow   14
Thomas E. Barlow   13
Libbie L. Barlow   10

Louisa E. Barlow

Name:   Louisa E. Barlow
Birth Date:   Abt 1842
Birthplace:   Iowa
Relation to Head of House:   Wife
Spouse's Name:   Soloman Q. Barlow
Father's Birthplace:   Pennsylvania
Mother's Birthplace:   Ohio

Household Members:   
Name   Age
Soloman Q. Barlow   43
Louisa E. Barlow   38
Eva R. Barlow   19
Annie D. Barlow   14
Fannie D. Barlow   14
Thomas E. Barlow   13
Libbie L. Barlow   10

Piff

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2018, 02:36:01 am »
Solomon Q Barlow and his ancestors are covered in History of Sonoma County, California by Tom Gregory

https://books.google.com/books?id=A4FUM7jX_UMC&pg=PA584&lpg=PA584&dq=Soloman+Q.+Barlow&source=bl&ots=-jnldSRRic&sig=LmFCb6T634p7O9O5G6MKL7WSALI&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjdmf6RnpDZAhUE62MKHTV2CGEQ6AEIKTAA#v=onepage&q=Soloman%20Q.%20Barlow&f=false

This Barlow family is said to be originally from England. Solomon Q Barlow traveled from NJ to Sonoma county. His first marriage was to Elizabeth J Denman. That name Denman has been carried down through generations. His second marriage to Louise E Brandon, which is the Louisa E Barlow in Diana's census work here.

Offline Diana

• I Love YaBB 2!
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2018, 03:09:33 am »
Thanks Piff! Good catch.

Elizebeth Barlow

in the 1870 United States Federal Census
VIEW 1870 United States Federal Census

Name:   Elizebeth Barlow
Age in 1870:   38
Birth Year:   abt 1832
Birthplace:   New York
Dwelling Number:   730
Home in 1870:   Petaluma, Sonoma, California
Inferred Spouse:   Solomon Barlow
Inferred Children:   Eva R Barlow
Annie Barlow
Household Members:   
Name   Age
Solomon Barlow   33
Elizebeth Barlow   38
Eva R Barlow   9
Annie Barlow   5
Fannie Barlow   5
Thomas E Barlow   3
Libbie L Barlow   4/12

Offline chiquitta

« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2018, 04:08:52 pm »
When this person's new book comes out finally, she states that just like her other books, all proceeds will go to various tribes.  This is not happening.  She is living on both her mothers trust and the proceeds so I do not believe she has donated anything.  As for being native, I hope her being a fraud comes out for all to see.  I do not like liars or condone this behavior for any reason.  thank you to all that investigated this and got answers to my questions. 

Offline Diana

• I Love YaBB 2!
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2018, 05:23:24 pm »
In 1830-1850 my Rhea County TN Aniyunwiya ancestors walked the Trail of Tears to Oklahoma and then traveled across the continent to reach the Northwest coast. There they found themselves on what is now the Hoopa Valley Reservation, embraced by Karuk, Yurok, Modoc, Hupa and other indigenous Klamath peoples. They settled within a tiny pocket of Northwest people, the Yurok, who just like the Eastern tribes and the Aniyunwiya, thousands of miles away, also spoke a variation of the ancient Algonquin language.  My family still holds land on the river at the foot of Bald Hills

Whackadoodle Alyssa is either flat out lying or she's delusional. Here's her side of the Tennessee family, starting with her great grandmother  Laura Ellen Miller Barlow. I've already posted her genealogy from a 1910 census here http://www.newagefraud.org/smf/index.php?topic=5141.msg44736#msg44736 . She's white.

Laura Ellen Miller Barlow
BIRTH 27 Aug 1869 Sonoma County, California, USA
DEATH 6 Jan 1959 Sonoma County, California, USA
BURIAL  Santa Rosa Odd Fellows Cemetery  Santa Rosa, Sonoma County, California, USA
PLOT Lot 1, Grave 2
MEMORIAL ID 96887859
Family Members
Parents   
Thomas Bell Miller
1826–1892   

Mary A Miller
1835–1904

Spouse

Thomas Edgar Barlow*
1867–1904

Siblings

Charlotte Elizabeth Miller Parnell*
1857–1944
Hanna Louisa Miller Purrington*
1861–1936   
Irene Bell Miller Ballard*
1864–1955
Josephine Miller Grogan*
1866–1960
Robert Leland Miller*
1876–1881

Children
Laura Louise Barlow Fehrensen*
1897–1966
Thomas Denman Barlow*
1901–1995
Wilbur James Barlow*
1903–1971

Santa Rosa Odd Fellows Cemetery
Santa Rosa
Sonoma County
California
USA
Find A Grave
Sponsored by Ancestry

Laura Barlow in Newspapers

Here is the history of Alyssa's great great Tennessee grandfather Thomas B. Miller. It clearly shows that the Miller family was never on the trail of tears.

https://books.google.com/books?id=A4FUM7jX_UMC&pg=PA956&lpg=PA956&dq=%22Thomas+Bell+Miller%22&source=bl&ots=-jnm7RULc9&sig=7iPZ8ZrwpnppRZKQhJpHDuXF0Rk&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjS6oTb05vZAhUp5YMKHYNTAk0Q6AEINTAD#v=onepage&q=%22Thomas%20Bell%20Miller%22&f=false

Also here's a census record from 1850 for the Miller family residing in Arkansas.

Thomas Miller
in the 1850 United States Federal Census
VIEW 1850 United States Federal Census

Name:   Thomas Miller
Birth Year:   abt 1828
Birthplace:   Tennessee
Home in 1850:   Beatie, Benton, Arkansas, USA

Family Number:   79
Household Members:   
Name   Age
J P Miller   46
Charlottie Miller   46

Thomas Miller   22
Gideon Miller   21
Robert Miller   18
Elizabeth Miller   15
Jacob Miller   9
Margarett Walker   30
Charlottie Walker   5
John Walker   2
A M McCorkle   23
Source Citation
Year: 1850; Census Place: Beatie, Benton, Arkansas; Roll: M432_25; Page: 49B; Image: 101

Also one more census record for the miller family 1870 census California. They are all white.
1870 United States Federal Census
VIEW 1870 United States Federal Census

Name:   Thos B Miller

Age in 1870:   43
Birth Year:   abt 1827
Birthplace:   Tennessee
Dwelling Number:   52
Home in 1870:   Washington, Sonoma, California
Male Citizen Over 21:   Y
Personal Estate Value:   4010
Real Estate Value:   5000