Author Topic: Not quite right/Healing-Arts.org  (Read 6832 times)

Offline Tsisqua

• Native American Unity ~ NAU
Not quite right/Healing-Arts.org
« on: February 11, 2008, 10:30:31 pm »
There's a few sites on this page link that do not seem quite right:

http://www.healing-arts.org/nativelinks.htm

Some look a little 'odd' to say the least...just wondering if anyone has had any dealings with these folks or if there's any thought's on these sites.

With respect,

Tsisqua

[Al's note: changed the title of the thread.]
« Last Edit: February 12, 2008, 02:49:09 pm by educatedindian »
There are no leaders in Unity

Offline debbieredbear

• Global Moderator
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Not quite right
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2008, 12:40:58 am »
 few are ok, but yeaah, some are not good. I see on there Lewis Mehl-Madrona, I think there is a link here. Also Manataka. Oh, and Robin Youngblood is making money selling books, tapes and ceremonies. I think there is a thread on Rainbow Eagle.  But others like the IEN are legit. A mis of good and bad.

A friend, who has traveled with many spiritual people as a helper, NOT to learn ceremony, but because they need help, was told at a nuage store that she needed to read Youngbloods latest medicine wheel how to be "spirichual" book so she could be more "Spiritual". We both had a good laugh on that. She knows what spirituality is and it doesn't come from a book!  LOL!

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
Re: Healing-Arts.org
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2008, 02:48:11 pm »
The crafts and environmental sites seem fine, but I would not trust a single one of the sites they describe as "healers" when in fact they are all exploiters, some of them quite dangerous people like H Storm and the late Robert Franzone.

Mehl Madrona, the owner of Healing-Arts.org, is an anthro at University of Arizona that the NDN community can't stand. He tried to sell sweats a few years ago, and also was fired from a hospital position and wound up with a warning about him on Quackwatch. Most of what he does is trying to sell the legitimacy of exploiters to the academic community. I honestly don't know whether he is just very incompetent and doesn't realize everyone he promotes is a fraud, or just does not care.

Offline Sparks

Re: Healing-Arts.org
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2019, 01:15:50 am »
I see on there Lewis Mehl-Madrona, I think there is a link here.

Mehl Madrona, the owner of Healing-Arts.org, is an anthro at University of Arizona that the NDN community can't stand. He tried to sell sweats a few years ago, and also was fired from a hospital position and wound up with a warning about him on Quackwatch. Most of what he does is trying to sell the legitimacy of exploiters to the academic community. I honestly don't know whether he is just very incompetent and doesn't realize everyone he promotes is a fraud, or just does not care.

There is a thread about Lewis Mehl-Madrona, AKA Louis Mehl Madrona:

http://www.newagefraud.org/smf/index.php?topic=2364.0