Author Topic: Johnnie  (Read 6200 times)

Offline Johnnie

Johnnie
« on: July 10, 2007, 07:42:12 pm »
Folks,

I heard about this forum and tried for weeks to get on. Finally was able to do so today.  I am an enrolled  Potawatomi from Oklahoma but teach Religious Studies at the University of Indiana Indianapolis campus.  I decided to try again to register and post because we had some things happen up here which were pretty much heart-breaking.  Indiana has a lot of people who claim but have no basis in fact.

When I first moved here some five years ago, people told me there were four kinds of Indians.  Card carrying Indians from tribes outside the state; Indians from tribes within the state but not recognized; Indians with a distant ancestor (8000 Cherokees here in Indiana for instance); and those who were Indians in a former life.  It seems that the latter category are in control of most of the Indian business in the state.

Anyway, glad to be here finally, will look around although I see at a glance there are a lot of folks from the Indianz board.

Johnnie

Offline Barnaby_McEwan

Re: Johnnie
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2007, 07:40:33 am »
Hello and welcome to NAFPS. I 'm sorry to hear that signing up was a pain. Could you send me a private message outlining the difficulties (click on the little speech bubble with the letters 'IM' next to my name)?

Offline Johnnie

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2007, 02:43:19 pm »
Barnaby,

Karma haunts me, I know it.  Re: When I tried to send you the private message the same difficulty cropped up as when I tried to register.  When the little doohickey for the letter code comes up there is only a red X, same problem I had registering.  When you try to listen to the letters being said, as there is a click on for that, is that "X" I hear with my old perforated eardrums really an "S"?  And that "E," is it really a "P" or a "Z."? 

One of the other members here was very helpful in navigating me through the registration process and encouraging me to be persistent so I made it. 

But this morning I am simply not in the mood to strain these old "Indian Ears" for that pleasant but irritating voice trying to tell me what letters to type to get the message through.  Not sure what that hurdle is for, but it is difficult to master, and that was my main problem in registering.

Thanks to both of you for the welcome.

Johnnie

Offline Barnaby_McEwan

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2007, 08:18:16 am »
I'm embarrassed to say that you're not the first person who's had this trouble. I'm really sorry. Anyway I've explained what that procedure is about here

http://newagefraud.org/smf/index.php?topic=1246.0

and I'll get in touch with Pat, our technical person. She may already be aware of the problem.

If you log in, then you don't have to repeat this procedure before sending a private message: are you having trouble logging in too?

Offline Johnnie

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2007, 04:40:18 pm »
Barnaby,

No trouble logging in.  Just consider I am an old "dog man" and had to more than once pry a dog's mouth open to give it medicine.  So I just stay registered, ie: leave the the stick in the dog's mouth so I don't have to pry it open tomorrow.

But thanks for your help.

johnnie

PS: That stick in the dog's mouth is an analogy not a fact, well, not a fact sort of.  My tribal chairman in Oklahoma (another fraud) is looking for reasons to hate me and sue me, so don't let it get out that I pry a dog's mouth open with a stick.  You pry it open with your fingers.  But you want to keep it open you do it with a stick, but soft yellow pine. ::)

Offline Barnaby_McEwan

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2007, 08:46:38 pm »
Scrub what I said earlier about private messages: for the first few you send, you must unfortunately go through the CAPTCHA process; this is again a precaution against abuse of the forum.

Offline earthw7

• Standing Rock Tourism
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2007, 05:53:55 pm »
Hi Johnnie i finally was able to register here
In Spirit

Offline Johnnie

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2007, 12:44:33 pm »
Hey Earth,

I thought this site was down until I received an email about it going down for maintenance.  Came back and you were here.  Been getting some guff from "sundancers" of the Brown County Sundance here which is held in July by a guy by the name of Steve McCullough, who is on these pages.  He never comes out of his hidey hole but sends his followers out.

Not sure if I have time right now to pursue this but I try to keep up with the news.

good to see you here.

Johnnie

Offline earthw7

• Standing Rock Tourism
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2007, 06:24:38 pm »
Likewise johnnie.
In Spirit