Author Topic: Richard Kincaid-Lake King of the Sioux, Una Tribe, Antinanco Metis  (Read 80127 times)

Offline NanticokePiney

Re: Richard Kincaid King of the Sioux, Una Tribe, Antinanco Metis
« Reply #45 on: October 15, 2008, 03:27:28 am »
It's too bad the 'King' didn't get a chance to travel down to say Pine Ridge or Rosebud and tell them folks he was King of the Sioux

I'd like to see that happen in White clay on the first of the month. 3 hours after Henry the rancher traded 10 cases of Windsor Canadian to stock his line shacks. His hair wouldn't be the only thing red..... :o

frederica

« Reply #46 on: October 15, 2008, 04:03:49 am »
I think everyone that posted earlier last month or so received a message or email from Kincaid's account.  They all look identical, same threats.

Offline Superdog

« Reply #47 on: October 17, 2008, 01:38:03 pm »
Just an sidenote....our king goes by many names...the most complete of which is

Richard Brent Kincaid-Lake-O'riley

Not kidding about that one.  I think we can put this one to bed. 

Richard I feel for you.  Let the anger go.  Be yourself, nobody's ancestry defines the type of man that person is to become.  You make that choice yourself.  Declaring yourself "King" or "Paramount Chief" or falsely letting others believe that's a real title you have will only make YOU look crazy.  Not the other way around. 

You may want to read the organizations web-pages to learn what Metis people really are.  Unfortunately you aren't one of them.  You're just Richard.  The organizations you put up that you say endorse your newly created group are just organizations.  They are not Metis communities.

From the Metis Nation of Ontario Website (one of the organizations you claim recognize your group)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.metisnation.org/culture/home.html

Métis History and Culture

Story Tools
Text Size

Print this Page 
The Métis Nation evolved in the historic north-west in the 18th and 19th centuries. Born of a mixture of French and Scottish fur traders and Cree, Ojibwa, Saulteaux, an d Assiniboine women, the Métis in the north-west developed as a people, distinct from either Indian or European.

Following the annexation of the north-west by Canada in 1869, the political economy of the Métis was destroyed. Both the Manitoba Act (1870) and the Dominion Lands Act (1879) recognized Métis claims to Aboriginal title, but the federal government moved to unilaterally extinguish these claims through individual land and grants scrip. Denied the recognition of their collective rights, the Métis became Canada's "forgotten people". Only in Alberta was any action taken to alleviate Métis distress through the establishment of Métis settlements by the provincial government in 1938. The Métis were officially recognized as one of Canada's Aboriginal Peoples in the Canadian Constitution of 1982.

The estimated number of Métis in Canada varies widely, from 300,000 to 800,000. A proposed federal enumeration could provide a more accurate count of Canada's Métis population. Métis account for more than 20% of the Aboriginal population.

Most Métis live in western Canada, both in remote and urban communities and in Métis-only and mixed communities. There are over 300 Métis communities; most are English-speaking with some northern communities using Cree or Michif. The Métis are distinguished by their unique Michif languages.

The Métis have never received the benefits governments grant to Status Indians and Inuit. In its final report the Royal Commission on Aboriginal Peoples stated "it is unjust and
unreasonable to withhold from Métis people the services and opportunities available to other Aboriginal peoples".

------------------------------------------------------

Also from MNO, the national definition of Metis:

---------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.metisnation.org/registry/home.html

National Definition of Métis

As Adopted at the Métis National Council’s 18th AGA in Edmonton, AB on September 27th -28th, 2002

1.1 "Métis" means a person who self-identifies as Métis, is distinct from other Aboriginal peoples, is of Historic Métis Nation ancestry, and is accepted by the Métis Nation.
Defined Terms in National Definition of Métis

1.2 "Historic Métis Nation" means the Aboriginal people then known as Métis or Half-breeds who resided in the Historic Métis Nation Homeland

1.3 "Historic Métis Nation Homeland" means the area of land in west central North America used and occupied as the traditional territory of the Métis or Half-breeds as they were then known.

1.4 "Métis Nation" means the Aboriginal people descended from the Historic Métis Nation which is now comprised of all Métis Nation citizens and is one of the "aboriginal peoples of Canada" within the meaning of s.35 of the Constitution Act 1982.

1.5 "Distinct from other Aboriginal peoples" means distinct for cultural and nationhood purposes.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

None of these definitions apply to a startup "Nation" with it's leaders having Lakota, Chickasaw or Cherokee ancestry.  I hate to break it to you Richard, but by the criteria you've posted that you want us to go by....you don't qualify as Metis either.

But their ain't nothin' wrong with bein' yourself and honoring your ancestry.  You just have a lot to learn about it.

Superdog

Offline Rootdigger

« Reply #48 on: November 20, 2008, 11:23:03 am »
I think you all are being a bit too mean.  :( He didn't even know what Metis meant. All he knew was that Metis was a person who was part Native American. And that's what he is. He was simply trying to honor his ancestry through a fun and interesting way. I applaud him for that. However, I do not applaud his  method. He wanted me to tell you all that those "tribes" were not meant to be frauds. After-all, he never stole money from anyone. In America you are what you call yourself, and it is perfectly legal to call yourself anything you like, and as for "Richard Kincaid-Lake," he called himself a Paramount Chief, King, Chief, High Chief, and Prince. While we may find that odd or weird, some things we do in our everyday lives may be viewed as weird or odd to other people... especially complete strangers, who only know some things you put on the internet as a kid all in good fun, not for impersonation or fraudulent purposes. :(

So, as I sign off and finish this post, I just ask that you find it in your hearts to forgive a young boy who was trying to have fun and experiment to see what was out there, who never meant to cause harm or deceive anyone. These tribes were created for fun, by a kid. If this were a 40 year old man, I might say, "hey, wait a second..." But in this case, he was a kid, and I think he should be left alone. He truly feels sad that his actions have caused hatred toward him, as he was trying to have fun in a non-harmful way. If he knew this website would demean him so much, he would have stayed away from creating websites how he did; he would have thought things through better.

I plead with to apologize, because he meant no harm or foul play or wrong doing. He was a kid trying to honor his ancestry in a fun way. After-all, what kid didn't want to be a Prince or Princess? He just put it on the web... a mistake he will never make again. As i'm hsi aunt, I know him very well, and I love him. I also know that he is not a scam artist. He is a youngster who is part Native American, and cannot enroll with his tribe. That is WHAT he is. However, WHO he is, is much more complicated. He writes poetry, paints, draws, sings, and is a great nephew. As you only know him from a few things on the internet, I don't expect you to understand why I am doing this, but maybe something will click with you, and you will know that he didn't mean to do anything wrong or fraudulent. Please understand. Thank you for listening. I wish you all the best in life.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2010, 09:35:13 pm by Rootdigger »

Offline Superdog

« Reply #49 on: November 20, 2008, 12:49:22 pm »
Thank you Linda.  Those were very good words.  I wish the best for you guys.  You're obviously a great person as I'm sure your family is great.  Keep an eye on Brent though.  He's running down a very slippery slope and I don't think he's aware of the consequences.  Build him up...he seems to be searching for something, but he's got all he needs at home. 

Superdog

Offline Interested

« Reply #50 on: September 02, 2013, 11:28:21 pm »
WOW... the way you people acted towards this YOUNG boy... The words I would use to describe you people: SAD, DISGUSTING, and FILTHY. As for the site owner, naming the forum topic "Richard Kincaid-Lake, King of the Sioux" is completely irrelevant, as he never claimed to be "King of the Sioux"... OPEN YOUR EYES and GROW UP, after all, we're supposed to be ROLE MODELS for youngsters and help and teach them how to live, NOT degrade and harass them!

used2bnaf

« Reply #51 on: September 03, 2013, 01:58:59 am »
WOW... the way you people acted towards this YOUNG boy... The words I would use to describe you people: SAD, DISGUSTING, and FILTHY. As for the site owner, naming the forum topic "Richard Kincaid-Lake, King of the Sioux" is completely irrelevant, as he never claimed to be "King of the Sioux"... OPEN YOUR EYES and GROW UP, after all, we're supposed to be ROLE MODELS for youngsters and help and teach them how to live, NOT degrade and harass them!

After reading this post I am curious as to who you are.  It seems maybe you posted 5 years ago.  Maybe under a different name...or two?

Used2b

Offline earthw7

• Standing Rock Tourism
« Reply #52 on: September 03, 2013, 02:16:24 am »

excuse me this young man emailed me with his so called title and was very offensive to MY PEOPLE, so I am not role model to crazy people
In Spirit

Autumn

« Reply #53 on: September 03, 2013, 03:23:42 am »

After reading this post I am curious as to who you are.  It seems maybe you posted 5 years ago.  Maybe under a different name...or two?

Used2b

Yes, he did.  Only now he does not have any excuse because he is no longer 18.

Offline Defend the Sacred

• Global Moderator
« Reply #54 on: September 03, 2013, 05:36:52 pm »
As is pretty obvious from the text, "Interested" is Richard again.

Richard, we don't allow sockpuppeting here. You're already banned under your "richardkl" and "oyatemakoce" accounts. Your new post shows that you are still lying, pretending to be other people, and you don't seem to have taken any responsibility for your behaviour. Coming back under an alias to insult people really doesn't make a good argument for not adding this new account to the ban. You're an adult now. No more excuses.

Offline Superdog

« Reply #55 on: October 19, 2013, 01:16:44 pm »

Hi again Richard....

Superdog

Offline NeoPaleo

« Reply #56 on: October 19, 2013, 03:48:35 pm »
Hi Richard, I don't know you and I realize that you cannot speak any longer here.
I'm going to speak as a translator for you. I too find many things said on this forum overtly offensive.
That doesn't make the speakers inherently bad, it makes the particular communication difficult.
Look at this type of forum as a widow into the past, the events that happened long ago on the outside world (concerning indian wars) are like yesterday for the People.
The outside culture has moved on in someways, and that leaves us at a disadvantage when it comes to feeling the painful memories.
An example for me is My Grandmother's Mother was Robbed by a church from her tribe, I have deep scars and no where to turn to on the outside, so I do work in my own way.
I would say to you, connect with your relatives be they living or passed on.
And don't try and fight someone else's battles, unless you are willing to die for that person.
They say words on paper mean nothing, words on a computer screen mean even less.
"Skin Color" used on a legal form are a legal fiction, skin color is not a race.

Offline earthw7

• Standing Rock Tourism
« Reply #57 on: October 19, 2013, 04:12:47 pm »
Sorry to correct you but this man has no indian blood
and has made up many of the things he does, so you dont
know what you are talking about in this case.
In Spirit

Offline Defend the Sacred

• Global Moderator
« Reply #58 on: October 19, 2013, 04:40:07 pm »
And the people here can speak for themselves. We don't need a translator.

Offline NeoPaleo

« Reply #59 on: October 19, 2013, 05:11:15 pm »
I clearly wrote to Richard and spoke to him.
He is a seeker, or he wouldn't be here.
Unless the people on this forum enjoy playing "whack a mole?"
"Skin Color" used on a legal form are a legal fiction, skin color is not a race.